Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year you will definitely see people mention Tannehill cap hit being top 5.

But that being said, it’s what we had to do to make this trade happen and I’m 100% ok with that. Just hope we don’t have to gut the roster next season as a result.

Sure, they might mention his cap hit. But they will not talk about him being one of the top five QBs in salary…because they look at average over contract when they do that.

Sure, they might mention his cap hit. But they will not talk about him being one of the top five QBs in salary…because they look at average over contract when they do that.

Lol… I am talking about ONE season. Next year. I’m also not talking about what the media will say about this lol. Just simply posting factual information about the restructure.

we won’t have to gut the roster…we currently are 9.3 mil under the cap with most of our core guys under contract and can find more cap space with a few restructures or cuts…

$9.3 million before draft picks are taken out. So more like $5 million in cap space.

Harold Landry, Jayon Brown, Rashaan Evans, Nate Davis, Ben Jones are all FA’s. That’s 6 starters right there. Doesn’t mention guys like Firkser who will see more playing time this year and could be key contributors.

Plus there is already talk of Julio potentially wanting a new deal if he balls out this season. I’m sure AJB will want a new deal next offseason too.

Im not saying the sky is falling but to totally ignore it would be silly.

Either a lot of guys are going to not be re signed or we are going to cut a lot of guys to make room. Regardless there’s a very good chance there’s a lot of turnover again in 2022. That’s all I’m saying. Tannehill’s restructure helps us massively this year but not so much next season. Which I think is why JRob didn’t want to do the restructure just to create room. Had to be for a specific addition and we got that in Julio.

$9.3 million before draft picks are taken out. So more like $5 million in cap space.

Harold Landry, Jayon Brown, Rashaan Evans, Nate Davis, Ben Jones are all FA’s. That’s 6 starters right there. Doesn’t mention guys like Firkser who will see more playing time this year and could be key contributors.

Plus there is already talk of Julio potentially wanting a new deal if he balls out this season. I’m sure AJB will want a new deal next offseason too.

Either a lot of guys are going to not be re signed or we are going to cut a lot of guys to make room. Regardless there’s a very good chance there’s a lot of turnover again in 2022. That’s all I’m saying. Tannehill’s restructure helps us massively this year but not so much next season. Which I think is why JRob didn’t want to do the restructure just to create room. Had to be for a specific addition and we got that in Julio.

Aren’t all our draft picks signed? The 9 mill in space includes the draft picks I am pretty sure. And those it might not include, will simply replace people making pretty much what the draft picks will make.

But I think you are definitely right about there being some significant roster turn over next year.

Aren’t all our draft picks signed? The 9 mill in space includes the draft picks I am pretty sure. And those it might not include, will simply replace people making pretty much what the draft picks will make.

But I think you are definitely right about there being some significant roster turn over next year.

Draft picks for 2022. Gotta allocate money for those picks.

I doubt brown gets re-signed. We basically drafted his clone. Landry and Davis are the only ones I'd want back of that group honestly.

I doubt brown gets re-signed. We basically drafted his clone. Landry and Davis are the only ones I'd want back of that group honestly.

I don’t think he’s nearly as good a pass coverage LB as Brown. But we will see.

Ben Jones is a very underrated Titan. Y’all remember what happened when our line lost Kevin Mawae years back? Jones obviously isn’t a HOF’er but it shows you how important a consistent center is.

I don’t think he’s nearly as good a pass coverage LB as Brown. But we will see.

Ben Jones is a very underrated Titan. Y’all remember what happened when our line lost Kevin Mawae years back? Jones obviously isn’t a HOF’er but it shows you how important a consistent center is.
Agree on Jones. His first year was rough but since, he has been quietly really good.
I also notice how long it took to replace Mawae. Center was a weak position during the “dark years”.

Agree on Jones. His first year was rough but since, he has been quietly really good.
I also notice how long it took to replace Mawae. Center was a weak position during the “dark years”.

The centers are most often times the guy who changes protections, and makes calls at the line to alert everyone else who to block. Very underrated position on a football team for sure.

I am sure the few extra million, the exposure as HC, and the experience will make up for it.

Oh yeah, no doubt about it, he ended up with a HC job and obviously he wouldn’t take it back even if he knew then. But he has to be thinking “damn we could’ve been elite”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back