Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Aurthur Smith is thinking right about now. I’m sure he’d love to be working with this offense.

Right, he is thinking he could have a great year and become a HC but..... that already happened. Atlanta lost Julio but drafted Pitts and now have Hurst and Pitts at TE (Piss might end up being a WR). They also signed a toy in Co Patterson.

Julio is one of the best players of all time. We really can't comprehend what we are about to see.
I’m with you. Devils advocate will say, so was Randy Moss. But I believe Julio has more left in the tank, and our offense is set up much better for his success than what Randy walked into here.

$9.3 million before draft picks are taken out. So more like $5 million in cap space.

Harold Landry, Jayon Brown, Rashaan Evans, Nate Davis, Ben Jones are all FA’s. That’s 6 starters right there. Doesn’t mention guys like Firkser who will see more playing time this year and could be key contributors.

Plus there is already talk of Julio potentially wanting a new deal if he balls out this season. I’m sure AJB will want a new deal next offseason too.

Im not saying the sky is falling but to totally ignore it would be silly.

Either a lot of guys are going to not be re signed or we are going to cut a lot of guys to make room. Regardless there’s a very good chance there’s a lot of turnover again in 2022. That’s all I’m saying. Tannehill’s restructure helps us massively this year but not so much next season. Which I think is why JRob didn’t want to do the restructure just to create room. Had to be for a specific addition and we got that in Julio.
It’s going to be stressful every offseason with so many good players hitting free agency. Definitely a change from the past, but it’s a problem I’ll gladly live with

$9.3 million before draft picks are taken out. So more like $5 million in cap space.

Harold Landry, Jayon Brown, Rashaan Evans, Nate Davis, Ben Jones are all FA’s. That’s 6 starters right there. Doesn’t mention guys like Firkser who will see more playing time this year and could be key contributors.

Plus there is already talk of Julio potentially wanting a new deal if he balls out this season. I’m sure AJB will want a new deal next offseason too.

Im not saying the sky is falling but to totally ignore it would be silly.

Either a lot of guys are going to not be re signed or we are going to cut a lot of guys to make room. Regardless there’s a very good chance there’s a lot of turnover again in 2022. That’s all I’m saying. Tannehill’s restructure helps us massively this year but not so much next season. Which I think is why JRob didn’t want to do the restructure just to create room. Had to be for a specific addition and we got that in Julio.

Super Bowl or Bust this year.

We'll be OK. Either balls out and then wants to get paid big- we sell high on them (trade).

That’s exactly why I said it seems like we sold out for this season. People apparently didn’t like that on here.

Looked pretty obvious to me. Windows are small, they struck the iron to win now.

What fantasy world says we sold out anything? We aren't any different than any other team with a franchise QB. We haven't mortgaged CAP space hardly at all. Yes, we gave up a 2nd round pick for Julio. Julio might give us a few years and his base drops next year. If we re-signed Davis it would have cost us the same in money. We didn't sign Dupree and Autry for ONE year.

Basically as long as we have Tannehill playing at a high level we are in the window. And that is another fallacy; that Tannehill does it with smoke and mirrors because of Henry and such. Well, we could go all out throwing the ball and have a heck of a passing offense. Tannehill is a guy who threw for 4000 yards his 2nd, 3rd and 4th years in the league. Tannehill threw for almost 4000 yards last year with a 2000 yard rusher. Not that we want to but we could be a 5000 yard passing team if we wanted.

What fantasy world says we sold out anything? We aren't any different than any other team with a franchise QB. We haven't mortgaged CAP space hardly at all. Yes, we gave up a 2nd round pick for Julio. Julio might give us a few years and his base drops next year. If we re-signed Davis it would have cost us the same in money. We didn't sign Dupree and Autry for ONE year.

Basically as long as we have Tannehill playing at a high level we are in the window. And that is another fallacy; that Tannehill does it with smoke and mirrors because of Henry and such. Well, we could go all out throwing the ball and have a heck of a passing offense. Tannehill is a guy who threw for 4000 yards his 2nd, 3rd and 4th years in the league. Tannehill threw for almost 4000 yards last year with a 2000 yard rusher. Not that we want to but we could be a 5000 yard passing team if we wanted.

It can easily be argued that Tannehill made Henry, not the other way around. There was NO FEAR of the deep ball with Mariota and when Tannehill took over Henry took the next step into elite status.

Good point because Hill and Evans aren't Henry but I bet they have success when they play. What was most impressive with Henry was how he performed with both OTs not being that strong after Lewan went down. Radunz and Lewan might end up being able to clear the way for any decent RB and can't wait. The offense might be unstoppable.

People don't fully understand we went from scoring about 16 points a game with Mariota to 30 points a game with Tannehill.

It can easily be argued that Tannehill made Henry, not the other way around. There was NO FEAR of the deep ball with Mariota and when Tannehill took over Henry took the next step into elite status.
Well, Henry’s yards after initial contact tell me Henry made Henry.

Man I still can't believe how Loaded this roster is I'm already having those football dreams. Season can't get here fast enough !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back