Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I still can't believe how Loaded this roster is I'm already having those football dreams. Season can't get here fast enough !!!
You god d*** right brother!!! This is a start of a dynasty!!!! I can see 6 or 7 Super Bowls with this team!!!!!!

Coaching and play calling on both sides of the ball the big unknown.

True but it isn't like we brought a guy in outside of the organization who is going to make a bunch of drastic changes. Plus we are going to be better at WR, RB (depth and Evans gives us another potential playmaker) and OL.

I'm more concerned about the coaching and game planning on the defense to be honest. I think we have upgrades in personnel but based on last year I sure hope we have a better approach. When most of your defense has bad years as players it points more to coaching than anything.

True but it isn't like we brought a guy in outside of the organization who is going to make a bunch of drastic changes. Plus we are going to be better at WR, RB (depth and Evans gives us another potential playmaker) and OL.

I'm more concerned about the coaching and game planning on the defense to be honest. I think we have upgrades in personnel but based on last year I sure hope we have a better approach. When most of your defense has bad years as players it points more to coaching than anything.
I agree with everything you said. However, we did have injuries to multiple key players on defense last year (Adoree, Jayon, Clowney, Beasley). Assuming health (looking at Dupree and Farley), the defense should be better this year even if coaching doesn’t change.

I’m with you. Devils advocate will say, so was Randy Moss. But I believe Julio has more left in the tank, and our offense is set up much better for his success than what Randy walked into here.
We also had a closed minded coach with an ego. This roster is all in versus whoever Randy with Vince Young. If our defense is marginally better this should be the best Titans team ever.

If a few rookies shine (mainly Farley and Molden) the defense could be scary and back to where we were in 2008. Then you have a much more talented group on offense especially at QB and WR.

If a few rookies shine (mainly Farley and Molden) the defense could be scary and back to where we were in 2008. Then you have a much more talented group on offense especially at QB and WR.

2008? That's asking for a lot.

With our current offense, if we had our 2008 defense, we'd literally go undefeated.

It can easily be argued that Tannehill made Henry, not the other way around. There was NO FEAR of the deep ball with Mariota and when Tannehill took over Henry took the next step into elite status.

Playoff numbers say otherwise.

Henry shown flashes of being elite even in his rookie year but he ran soft. He even admitted Eddie George helped him toughen up.

2008? That's asking for a lot.

With our current offense, if we had our 2008 defense, we'd literally go undefeated.

Can't discount our offense really helping the defense. A few extra first downs, more points on the board and getting off to a good start and a decent lead helps the defense immeasurably. We probably won't be where we want to be early on but as we get into the season I think we will really see something. Should see immediate improvement from Fulton and Murch.

Playoff numbers say otherwise.

Henry shown flashes of being elite even in his rookie year but he ran soft. He even admitted Eddie George helped him toughen up.

EG's benefit is over emphasized IMO. Henry's first two years were with Mularkey where we did not run a zone scheme. Henry also played behind Murry his rookie season and Murray had almost 1300 yards. When Vrabel took over they were enamored with Dion Lewis. I'm sure EG helped Henry but the ability just needed to be tapped into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back