Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 3 regular starters were just selected in 1 draft?
And that wouldn’t even include the first rounder.

I’d say the odds are against that.
Not doing the research but that is a rare thing.

Yeah, that all of those picks pan out is unlikely. But some might hit and when some don’t you sign cheap replacements or draft replacements where they don’t hit. The point is we might lose the players listed. But they can be replaced and the roster can still be solid, even dominant.

Ben Jones will take a vet minimum deal or be replaced by Brewer.
Jayon will sign an extension or be replaced by Monty Rice
Firkser will sink or swim this year so who knows, TE in the draft next year or sign FA OJ Howard.
Reynolds will be replaced by Fitzpatrick
Landry will sign an extension or be replaced by Weaver

We have quality young guys waiting in the wings for almost all positions that may open up. JRob has done a legit job of planning ahead.

We haven’t seen any of those guys play a snap of NFL football (outside of Brewer) and they are going to step in and replace key players already. Interesting.

I’m sure every team wishes it was that easy though.

2019 Draft:

Jeffrey Simmons
AJ Brown
Nate Davis
Amani Hooker
David Long Jr.

You were saying?

2019 Draft:

Jeffrey Simmons
AJ Brown
Nate Davis
Amani Hooker
David Long Jr.

You were saying?
Looks good so far but long and hooker aren’t regular starters. So that 1 draft is at 3.

Aside from what may be the Titans best draft in 20 years, that still leaves 31 other teams and many years to cover before my point is wrong.

Saints had to cut a lot of good players to make that happen and lost their QB who made up a large chunk of that negative cap number.

Titans will certainly be under the cap, but it might mean a lot of guys being cut to make it happen. It’s important we make this year count for sure.
It was an extreme example and we arent even close to -100mil, not by a longshot. If our very well paid execs cant figure it out, they all should be fired.

Oh ok.. you aren’t saying all of them will bust. Just that all of them hitting is unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back