Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb s**t that hurts the team and that was a week 1, 15 yard penalty early in a game.
How does he feel about promoting a failure of a DC to the head DC position?
I’d have to think that qualifies as worse than the Julio Jones penalty.

Bowen and Vrabel love that off coverage. Every DB is behind the first down marker.

Some things never change.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like Vrabel said....he wants continuity and this is the result. A repeat of a horrible defensive play calling. You can't expect players to do well in poor game planning and preparation.

Bowen and Vrabel love that off coverage. Every DB is behind the first down marker.

That is a bad play call in the sense that, with that pre-snap read, there is no possible coverage in the world where Deandre Hopkins can be stopped from getting at least 3 to 5 yards on that play.

Even if that were a fake blitz and everyone dropped into coverage, you would have a linebacker underneath that is showing blitz trying to run back in coverage against an elite NFL wide receiver... why would you ever run this on a 2nd and 5?

I can see it being viable on a 3rd and 10 (assuming the defender makes the tackle immediately) but then any call is a good call on 3rd and 10.

Smart QBs and Wideouts will know exactly what to do and I don't see how this works against good teams, ever.

That is a bad play call in the sense that, with that pre-snap read, there is no possible coverage in the world where Deandre Hopkins can be stopped from getting at least 3 to 5 yards on that play.

Even if that were a fake blitz and everyone dropped into coverage, you would have a linebacker underneath that is showing blitz trying to run back in coverage against an elite NFL wide receiver... why would you ever run this on a 2nd and 5?

I can see it being viable on a 3rd and 10 (assuming the defender makes the tackle immediately) but then any call is a good call on 3rd and 10.

Smart QBs and Wideouts will know exactly what to do and I don't see how this works against good teams, ever.

Yeah Byard at the very least should be in the box so he can close the gap quicker on Hopkins.

My guess is that they were trying to trick Kyler into thinking it’s cover 1 and then we bring the zero blitz. Obviously see how that played out.

This could be the making or the breaking of this team...of all the duds we've had make stupid plays/decisions, why call out Julio?
Because he was asked specifically about Julio and about the penalty. I'm not the biggest fan of how Vrabel handles things, but respect to the coach for calling out his high-profile player when the player deserves to be called out. That was a dumb-sh*t penalty by someone who knows better. This should set an example for everyone else on the team.

Woof. My problem isn't even necessarily with the DC making this call. Coaches can overthink/outcoach themselves sometimes. Bad calls happen. The crazy part is other people HEARD the call! That means Haslett, Schwartz, AND Vrabel heard the play and went "yea... good idea!". Our "defensive-minded" HC has the final word on play calling. He's said that before.

Vrabel doesn’t mind calling a player out when it’s warranted.

Jones was flagged 15 yards for unnecessary roughness in the first quarter Sunday after he swung at Arizona Cardinals cornerback Byron Murphy. The Titans threw an incomplete pass on the ensuing third down, forcing them to punt while already trailing 10-0.

"Critical mistake," Vrabel said. "That's absolutely nothing that we coach or teach. So, that would fall into the category of doing dumb **** that hurts the team, right there in bold letters. It goes from third-and-1 to third-and-16."
He wasn't wrong. Score on that drive and it's a different game. Dumb shit indeed.

Julio saved this team today..

Maybe one day we will get AJ and Julio beasting together.. Julio straight balled out today.

AJ had the worst game of his career though. AJ will bounce back though.

Robbed of a touchdown.

E_rgDU-VEAQiiF6

Hate to be that guy after a win, but Tannehill should have recognized Julio was crossing the middle with a linebacker on an island. You throw that an inch more to the outside and Julio doesn't even need to tip toe for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robbed of a touchdown.
E_rgDU-VEAQiiF6

Hate to be that guy after a win, but Tannehill should have recognized Julio was crossing the middle with a linebacker on an island. You throw that an inch more to the outside and Julio doesn't even need to tip toe for it.

Even though we won, it still pisses me off that we were robbed of a TD right there.

The Julio TD catch should be shown as one of the best catches of the week on ESPN despite being robbed. This should be rubbed into the NFL's face big time. First, it was called a TD and there was no way there was enough evidence to over turn and secondly, it was a legit TD anyway. How often does replay screw a team of what really happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back