Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think the rule should be reviewed. His toes touched before the heel so if it had been a “toe touch” where his heel never touched, it’s a TD.

Ok- so how are toe drag catches at the OB lines considered catches? That's just not consistent. And if you call it on the field it needs "incontravertible" evidence to overturn it on replay. It was clearly home-cooking.

And I'd like to punch the MFer Gene Steatore square in the mug. He ranks up there in the puppet mouth category as high "Dr." Fauci. If a ref called the sky green to a particular team's advantage, Steatore would say "well, at the moment he called it, there was green in the spectrum of the sky color, so by the rule it was green at the time of the call. It was a good call."

Steatore has absolutely ZERO CREDIBILITY in my book. I don't know why the league and the networks trot him out there unless they believe the entire NFL fandom are window lickers.

Yes, you are wrong for micro analyzing what should have been a TD. Tanny completed 67% of his passes despite having a bunch of them dropped. He was under pressure most of the game. He throws a TD pass which isn't perfect and the refs got it wrong. The pass was good enough to catch, was caught, was in bounds. but but but if the pass had been 6 inches this way or that way........

Julio would have been wide open if the pass was thrown outside though. Then no tip toe/heel controversy needed.

And Henry could have had 200 yards rushing if only he had not made a few wrong cuts..... I'm not arguing the validity of your point but can't see any reason for it. Seems pretty nit pick to me for a QB who is rated 3rd in the NFL per PFF despite having to face the pass blocking he has had. If only he was more perfect?

Just like the moronic arguments about RT and how we should have kept Kelly. Quess is our highest rated OL guy and 7th overall for all NFL OTs.

Of all the things to find to criticize you criticize a TD pass and catch where we got screwed by the refs.

And Henry could have had 200 yards rushing if only he had not made a few wrong cuts..... I'm not arguing the validity of your point but can't see any reason for it. Seems pretty nit pick to me for a QB who is rated 3rd in the NFL per PFF despite having to face the pass blocking he has had. If only he was more perfect?

Just like the moronic arguments about RT and how we should have kept Kelly. Quess is our highest rated OL guy and 7th overall for all NFL OTs.

Of all the things to find to criticize you criticize a TD pass and catch where we got screwed by the refs.

so you’re suggesting the call wasn’t worth criticizing? It was an egregious call as was the no safety in overtime.

I’m criticizing there was CLEARLY home cooking. It “tarnishes” NFL league credibility to have that occur.

Get a new bowl of Cheerios. Somebody obviously has pissed in yours.

Ok- so how are toe drag catches at the OB lines considered catches? That's just not consistent. And if you call it on the field it needs "incontravertible" evidence to overturn it on replay. It was clearly home-cooking.

On toe drag catches, the receiver is falling forwards. In Julio's case he's falling backwards. When you're falling backwards your heel naturally follows your toe and the entire foot has to be in bounds.

This is how the Outkick 360 guys explained it.

so you’re suggesting the call wasn’t worth criticizing? It was an egregious call as was the no safety in overtime.

I’m criticizing there was CLEARLY home cooking. It “tarnishes” NFL league credibility to have that occur.

I’m pretty sure Soxcat’s reply was directed at Geronimo.

What are you talking about. It was a crap call. We got screwed. When did I suggest it was a good call? Reading comprehension an issue?

On toe drag catches, the receiver is falling forwards. In Julio's case he's falling backwards. When you're falling backwards your heel naturally follows your toe and the entire foot has to be in bounds.

This is how the Outkick 360 guys explained it.
Ok so it falls in the completion of catch rule. Still his heel was not incontrovertibly on the line.

What are you talking about. It was a crap call. We got screwed. When did I suggest it was a good call? Reading comprehension an issue?
You’re right my apologies. I misread the context- that you were knocking my criticism of the TD call. I think I got confused you were responding to me without you quoting who you WERE responding to.

And I'd like to punch the MFer Gene Steatore square in the mug. He ranks up there in the puppet mouth category as high "Dr." Fauci. If a ref called the sky green to a particular team's advantage, Steatore would say "well, at the moment he called it, there was green in the spectrum of the sky color, so by the rule it was green at the time of the call. It was a good call."

Steatore has absolutely ZERO CREDIBILITY in my book. I don't know why the league and the networks trot him out there unless they believe the entire NFL fandom are window lickers.
Wow. Maybe don't just look at information that confirms your own bias. Gene Steatore (who's name I wouldn't have even remembered had you not just said it) goes against the call on the field quite often, including.... Julio's TD:

Seems to me like he is unbiased. "Get a new bowl of Cheerios" lol. Great line btw.

Wow. Maybe don't just look at information that confirms your own bias. Gene Steatore (who's name I wouldn't have even remembered had you not just said it) goes against the call on the field quite often, including.... Julio's TD:

Seems to me like he is unbiased. "Get a new bowl of Cheerios" lol. Great line btw.

yeah I guess I’m confused there with his rationalization of the no safety call. I was tuned out during that part ABD saw the replay of the TD reversal. Admit I don’t like Steatore and think he’s a league puppet, not sure about being “biased” against him.

Except throwing to where your receiver is going instead at him is routine. Tannehill is a good quarterback, but things like making that throw, even under pressure, is what's going to make him great. Julio being Julio, is the reason he almost bailed him out. What we need from Tannehill is to show he can win a game for you when Henry isn't in beast mode.

OK, the glass in reality is 80% full and you are bitching about the 20% (there were a number of really good throws Tanny made that were dropped). On top of that you are blaming Tannehill for the gross incompetence of the replay refs. You might need some therapy.

Except throwing to where your receiver is going instead at him is routine. Tannehill is a good quarterback, but things like making that throw, even under pressure, is what's going to make him great. Julio being Julio, is the reason he almost bailed him out. What we need from Tannehill is to show he can win a game for you when Henry isn't in beast mode.

Tannehill was like 10 for 13 for 187 in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back