Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbed of a touchdown.

Hate to be that guy after a win, but Tannehill should have recognized Julio was crossing the middle with a linebacker on an island. You throw that an inch more to the outside and Julio doesn't even need to tip toe for it.

Seriously? Tanny didn't play a perfect game but his comeback was Brady like despite the damn refs trying to screw us.

Seriously? Tanny didn't play a perfect game but his comeback was Brady like despite the damn refs trying to screw us.

Yeah, given the fact that protection was still suspect most of the game, tanny hung in there and played great. Completed passes when he was about to get drilled, etc.

Would be nice if we could stop spotting the other team 7 points on a strip sack deep though.

Am I wrong though?

Yes.. rewatch the video and watch Tannehill get crushed right after releasing the ball. Great throw under pressure. He knew the hit was coming and had to get the ball off. You are complaining about an inch. He threw it where is receiver could catch it and no one else.

Tannehill is a very good QB

Yes.. rewatch the video and watch Tannehill get crushed right after releasing the ball. Great throw under pressure. He knew the hit was coming and had to get the ball off. You are complaining about an inch. He threw it where is receiver could catch it and no one else.

Tannehill is a very good QB
It was a touchdown because it’s Julio Jones, but the pass was still a little behind, hence making the catch difficult. I’m not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but all I’m saying is the pass didn’t look like it was going to where Julio was going. He was crossing the middle against a linebacker with no help, if that pass was thrown outside, it would have been an easy touchdown.

It was a touchdown because it’s Julio Jones, but the pass was still a little behind, hence making the catch difficult. I’m not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but all I’m saying is the pass didn’t look like it was going to where Julio was going. He was crossing the middle against a linebacker with no help, if that pass was thrown outside, it would have been an easy touchdown.
I don’t think people dispute that the ball placement could have been a little better in a vacuum. But you can’t ignore the environment that created the hurry. With our offensive line being a semi-sieve right now, the best throw was probably made given the circumstances.

Am I wrong though?

Yes, you are wrong for micro analyzing what should have been a TD. Tanny completed 67% of his passes despite having a bunch of them dropped. He was under pressure most of the game. He throws a TD pass which isn't perfect and the refs got it wrong. The pass was good enough to catch, was caught, was in bounds. but but but if the pass had been 6 inches this way or that way........

Yes, you are wrong for micro analyzing what should have been a TD. Tanny completed 67% of his passes despite having a bunch of them dropped. He was under pressure most of the game. He throws a TD pass which isn't perfect and the refs got it wrong. The pass was good enough to catch, was caught, was in bounds. but but but if the pass had been 6 inches this way or that way........
Personally I think the rule should be reviewed. His toes touched before the heel so if it had been a “toe touch” where his heel never touched, it’s a TD.

Obviously I wanted the TD. But I think you guys are cherry picking this from a Titan fan perspective. It would be the right call if it happened against us.

If you step heel first and your toe goes out of bounds, it is out of bounds. The reason the toe drag is in bounds is because the part of your foot that touches out of bounds was already established as in bounds.

Obviously I wanted the TD. But I think you guys are cherry picking this from a Titan fan perspective. It would be the right call if it happened against us.

If you step heel first and your toe goes out of bounds, it is out of bounds. The reason the toe drag is in bounds is because the part of your foot that touches out of bounds was already established as in bounds.

My problem with it is that I don’t think it’s been clearly established he was out of bounds. That’s wasn’t clear evidence.

My problem with it is that I don’t think it’s been clearly established he was out of bounds. That’s wasn’t clear evidence.

That's fair and a different discussion.

My opinion is that it looked in bounds from the angle that everyone put up online, but it looks pretty definitively out of bounds from the other angle.

That's fair and a different discussion.

My opinion is that it looked in bounds from the angle that everyone put up online, but it looks pretty definitively out of bounds from the other angle.
Fair opinion.

Another aspect is that it was ruled a TD on the field, so surely if there are 2 contradictory views upstairs, thats not enough to overrule?

Agreed. The rule is fine and makes sense to me. The problem was the review. They have all the camera angles. If there isn't clear cut evidence to the contrary, you don't overturn the call on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back