Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julio was making some big catches, and chased down a long interception return to make a nice tackle. The effort was all there, so my guess is something was bothering him just a bit, and maybe he wanted to go back in and Vrabel just told him no.

Julio has been a good character guy for years. I don’t see an issue lasting, unless it’s injury related.

OK, the glass in reality is 80% full and you are bitching about the 20% (there were a number of really good throws Tanny made that were dropped). On top of that you are blaming Tannehill for the gross incompetence of the replay refs. You might need some therapy.

I need therapy because I, as a football fan, pointed out an error in a football play? Don't know if your response was just an emotional one at the time, but if you really believe I need therapy for that, perhaps you are the one that actually needs therapy lol

Get upset all you want but it doesn't change that if it wasn't thrown behind his receiver, it was most likely going to be an easy touchdown. You have to look at the bigger picture here. Getting to the playoffs with the team we have right now isn't expectations anymore, we've gotten to the AFC Championship with a less talented team, so right now expectations are AFC Championship at the very least or bust. Tannehill has been solid but if we want to be a serious contender, we can't expect to give the ball to Henry 35 times against 9 in the box every game. Tannehill has been solid but he'll need to be better than solid if we're going to have a chance at the Superbowl. Defenses willing to play single coverage against a team with Julio Jones says something about how much they fear your quarterback.

Julio was making some big catches, and chased down a long interception return to make a nice tackle. The effort was all there, so my guess is something was bothering him just a bit, and maybe he wanted to go back in and Vrabel just told him no.

Julio has been a good character guy for years. I don’t see an issue lasting, unless it’s injury related.

It is pretty obvious that Vrabel didn't want Julio getting injured digging out a S on a running play while we were up two scores. If we needed him he would have been out there. It is a long season. Smart coaching.

I think the NFL does have rhythms in game. You pull a guy because you feel the lead is safe, to find out it’s not and throw a guy back in that wasn’t expecting to go back in seems to go against rhythm.
I’d rather just play it safe with a guy in the game, play design can be an added safety net too.
Agreed. But guys are on the sidelines for long stretches, halftime, etc. Julio stayed on the bike warm the entire time. He's "been there, done that" for a long time.

Also, most any play design is going to include contact. That is what Vrabel was looking to avoid.

Agreed. But guys are on the sidelines for long stretches, halftime, etc. Julio stayed on the bike warm the entire time. He's "been there, done that" for a long time.

Also, most any play design is going to include contact. That is what Vrabel was looking to avoid.
Didn’t know he was staying warm on a bike. I thought when he was pulled he was done for whatever it was.

I know it’s impossible to eliminate contact in game, I was just thinking more like runs to the opposite side or at least up the middle but keep Jones wide kind of plays.
although I suppose if the effort is to have him “jay cutler” the play, might as well put in a young guy fighting for his spot.

It is pretty obvious that Vrabel didn't want Julio getting injured digging out a S on a running play while we were up two scores. If we needed him he would have been out there. It is a long season. Smart coaching.
It really is. Especially in light of Aj being gimpy rn. If both got hurt in this game we'd be in dire straits when the schedule really gets tough.

I get the concept of resting your players but I think you guys are buying into Vrabel's rhetoric too easily. This smells of either an injury that already occurred and they don't want to disclose, or Julio was in the dog house for something. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter, but I can't imagine for what.

"Load management" for a starter if fine when you're up by two scores in the 4th, but that is how the game ended, not how it was going. Julio was on the sidelines with the game on the line: 14-13 starting the 4th quarter, against a divisional opponent with playoff aspirations. Not exactly a lock. On the 3rd and goal from the 10, we kind of got a break with that McNichols TD catch. If we settle for a FG, this is a completely different ball game.

That's big, and think what you want, but this was an import game. The difference between Titans 2-1/Colts 0-3 vs Titans 1-2/Colts 1-2 is huge. If that was Mariota standing on the sideline 4 years ago in the same situation, everyone here would be losing their minds.

I'm not saying this is a big deal, it might end up being nothing, but it is curious. I don't buy Vrabel's reasoning.

I wouldn’t call Tammy turning the ball over 6x in 3 games as solid, but rather quite concerning. Better not be a pattern. TOs against quality teams will easily result in losses.

I wouldn’t call Tammy turning the ball over 6x in 3 games as solid, but rather quite concerning. Better not be a pattern. TOs against quality teams will easily result in losses.
Yeah. Unfortunately, one of those INTS was completely the receivers fault. Doesnt show that on the stats, but it was on the WR all the same.

At least 1 was 100% on Rogers.

We can argue how many other guys were involved in his other TO, but THill at least was part of the problem,

Through three games Tannehill is 2nd only to Brady in PFF grade. I think we need to start a thread on how bad Tannehill has played focusing on the TD pass to Julio we got screwed on.

Might be hard to comprehend but we have one of the best QBs in the league. I hope we can get a 100% AJ and Julio on the field together and we haven't had Firsker either.

Through three games Tannehill is 2nd only to Brady in PFF grade. I think we need to start a thread on how bad Tannehill has played focusing on the TD pass to Julio we got screwed on.

Might be hard to comprehend but we have one of the best QBs in the league. I hope we can get a 100% AJ and Julio on the field together and we haven't had Firsker either.

Do you think Tannehill has been the second best QB so far this season though?

I think it was the 1st int against colts that the TE and wr had finished their route and moved on just as tanny threw to them hence why Leonard got it straight to his gut. Not saying he's perfect but I do think most Turnovers involving Ryan have events outwith his control and not him being what's the word I'm looking for "shit"

I think it was the 1st int against colts that the TE and wr had finished their route and moved on just as tanny threw to them hence why Leonard got it straight to his gut. Not saying he's perfect but I do think most Turnovers involving Ryan have events outwith his control and not him being what's the word I'm looking for "****"

That was exactly what I told my wife when she asked, "what was that?!?". There were two receivers in the area and one stopped like they were going to hunker down, get the catch and fall backwards for the first like we see many of times. Yet, as soon as Tanny started to wind up for it, they then continued on and just cleared a hole directly to Leonard.

That was exactly what I told my wife when she asked, "what was that?!?". There were two receivers in the area and one stopped like they were going to hunker down, get the catch and fall backwards for the first like we see many of times. Yet, as soon as Tanny started to wind up for it, they then continued on and just cleared a hole directly to Leonard.
Yep, thats what i saw too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back