Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt in my mind whatsoever, if our defense can slightly hold up, we are going to the SB with this offense.

It's crazy what 1 player can do to an offense. I wasn't too excited about the offense before this trade, but this trade has just made this an all star offense.

What a ****ing day to be a Titans fan.
It's really deep now. Reynolds will be an excellent 3rd option. I'd love one more pass rusher to complete the defense.

Great trade. We have weaponized.

However, our history is littered with failed WR and our system currently doesn't support two WR. So we have a lot of hurdles to overcome. It's the right move for all the obvious reasons. Our time is now, we had to weaponize, we needed a WR, we have the right QB to throw it deep.

But here is the laundry list.

Randy Moss
Webster Slaughter
Andre Johnson
Carl Pickens
Eric Moulds
Nate Washington

This list is pathetic because it's basically a graveyard here. Just sayin. They come and die here. No wide Receiver in history has EVER made it here.
If it weren't for some uncharacteristic CD drops, this system would have been the fist ever with a 2K rusher and TWO 1K WRs. I think it supports two WRs just fine.

Outside of Moss, Julio is different from everyone else on that list. I would also argue that Nate Washington was actually a great addition to this team. I'm so-so on Eric Decker, but I think if he wasn't with Mariota, it could of been a different story. Either way, this is a different Titans team.

I'm a little worried about his age. If he gives us two solid years, I'm content. I looked into a lot of player stats recently and there does tend to be a big drop off when good/elite WRs turn 32. There are a number of exceptions, with most of them being elite/HOF players. Larry Fitz and Jerry Rice are obviously freak anomalies. Julio could definitely fall into that category. Other examples, that I believe Julio can be grouped with, are:

Terell Owens
Anquan Boldin
Steve Smith
Derrick Mason
Isaac Bruce

This gives me some optimism.

Some that surprisingly fell off: Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson, and AJ Green (for now)

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember bringing up Julio during the draft when we kept passing on WRs because we were already starting to hear rumblings about it and some boomer on here scoffed at the mere notion of it because "wE cAn'T aFfOrD HiM!"

Having working knowledge of how the salary cap works and how it can be manipulated is key to not looking like a jackass.

Pretty psyched about this and hoping Tennessee can finally break the streak of non 4K QB.

Here’s some numbers since 2000. There have been 159 4K seasons.

Titans are 1 of 4 teams to avoid them all (NYJ, Cle, Chi)
Over the passed 10 years, the league has avg a little over 10 per year. (17 the low w/ 8 and 2016 the high w/ 13)

Over that same span, Buffalo (02), Jax (15), Phi (19), SF (00), and Car (11) have only had 1.

NE(11), SD/LAC(12), IND(15), GB(11), Det(10), NO(12), and ATL(10), all have had half or more with a 4K QB.

With the extra game and adding Julio, 4K almost seems like a given but somehow the franchise has avoided it since Warren Moon. We’re due.

Also hoping this opens the gates for Henry to also reach the milestone of first ever 2x 2K rusher. That’s asking for a lot of offense but I think it can be done.

Fingers crossed for health as last year we were bit pretty bad.

I remember bringing up Julio during the draft when we kept passing on WRs because we were already starting to hear rumblings about it and some boomer on here scoffed at the mere notion of it because "wE cAn'T aFfOrD HiM!"

Having working knowledge of how the salary cap works and how it can be manipulated is key to not looking like a jackass.
There are other keys to that concept as well...

Doesn't this sound like somebody is salty their team didn't get him? From roto.

There are still moving parts, but the Falcons will get Tennessee's second-round pick next year as the centerpiece of the deal. The Titans don’t have the cap space to take on Jones’s full $15.3 million salary, so the they'll have to restructure before it's finalized. Jones gives Tennessee an All-Pro to pair with A.J. Brown after moving on from Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith, and should open up an offense that averaged the third-fewest passing plays per game last season. Ryan Tannehill's deep accuracy doesn't fit with Jones, and Brown's presence won't offer much of an upgrade for Jones in terms of targets, but Jones should have no trouble topping his 51/771/3 line from 2020 if he stays healthy.

So is not making this post...

Doesn't this sound like somebody is salty their team didn't get him? From roto.

There are still moving parts, but the Falcons will get Tennessee's second-round pick next year as the centerpiece of the deal. The Titans don’t have the cap space to take on Jones’s full $15.3 million salary, so the they'll have to restructure before it's finalized. Jones gives Tennessee an All-Pro to pair with A.J. Brown after moving on from Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith, and should open up an offense that averaged the third-fewest passing plays per game last season. Ryan Tannehill's deep accuracy doesn't fit with Jones, and Brown's presence won't offer much of an upgrade for Jones in terms of targets, but Jones should have no trouble topping his 51/771/3 line from 2020 if he stays healthy.

I saw somewhere that Tannehill had a 50% deep throw accuracy %, which was one of, if not the best in the league last year.

Have to admit that this signing definitely has me excited for the upcoming season. When I first heard Titans were a landing spot for him, I had my doubts, but this morning just made it that much more exciting to get the season started!

I can see this working out well and actually taking some work off Henry which then gives him some additional years of playing and keeping us as contenders even longer!

bro as compared to what? Riding In with AJ, Reynolds and a senior bowl stand out?

windows don’t stay open very long in the NFL; our division is garbage for now - this was the time to make the move , draft picks arnt helping this offense at this very minute window ; Julio will though. Let’s goooooo baby

Yup. Tanne ain't Brady, Brees, Peyton, etc and never has been. Hell, in Miami he was a tier 3 QB with guys like Dalton, Goff, Alex Smith, and Kirk Cousins.

Make a run while everyone remaining is still playing at an elite level.

Julio still has 2 or 3 more really good years.

The thing I'm super stoked about is that Julio, Henry and AJ Brown all seem to be great friends. The chemistry is definitely going to be there as they all will make each other succeed.

Josh Reynolds and Dez Fitzpatrick may not even have anyone covering them now.

This Julio trade just makes so much sense on many levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back