Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great trade. We have weaponized.

However, our history is littered with failed WR and our system currently doesn't support two WR. So we have a lot of hurdles to overcome. It's the right move for all the obvious reasons. Our time is now, we had to weaponize, we needed a WR, we have the right QB to throw it deep.

But here is the laundry list.

Randy Moss
Webster Slaughter
Andre Johnson
Carl Pickens
Eric Moulds
Nate Washington

This list is pathetic because it's basically a graveyard. Just sayin. They come and die here. No wide Receiver in our history has EVER made it.

It is a spotty record but Slaughter was solid for the Oilers and Washington was solid wasn’t he? And Thigpen was a solid contributor…injured a good bit I guess.

A.J Brown is the #1 WR and Julio Jones is the #2 and that is how it is and who has 2 better than us? And Reynolds is the perfect #3!

Put 8 in the box against Henry now! Best trade titans have ever made. We have a chance to have the best offense in titans history and if the defense is just average, we can make AFC title game or the Bowl if Julio stays healthy. Thank you J-Rob!

It is a spotty record but Slaughter was solid for the Oilers and Washington was solid wasn’t he? And Thigpen was a solid contributor…injured a good bit I guess.

Nate Washington? He was our 1st 1000 yard WR since Mason wasn't he?

Also, you missed Rishard Matthews who was pretty solid for us after leaving Miami.

I just hope we have enough snaps to keep everyone happy. Henry will want his usual load, and we now have two wr that will want 100 receptions each.

But wow. Yeah. If I am a defensive backfield I dread chipping in on Henry, and tackling two nearly tight end sized receivers all day long.

KC will be the favorites as long as they have Mahomes.
Agreed. You could take all the best AFC players and make an all star team, and the Chiefs would still be the favorite because of Mahomes. Get him uncomfortable and running and he becomes mortal.

KC will be the favorites as long as they have Mahomes.
Maybe true but at least this gives us a chance to score with them! Our defense should be better, but our offense should be even better than last year. Tanney and Henry the window is 2 or 3 years and this puts us in the best spot to get to the super bowl. Go TItans!

Not a bad price to pay.
Julio Jones for a second round and fodder will end up a steal. I feel sorry for Tanney. He is going to get yelled at so much when both AJ and Julio are in one on one coverage and he has to just pick one. We should come up with a formation where we throw a deep ball with both Julio and AJ are side by side and they can fight for it with the db.

he has always been inconsistent.. he did the Murray trade and fleeced the Eagles, then we have nonsense like Wilson

Inconsistent? He has transformed a trash roster in to an excellent one. Does he have a few mistakes? Sure—every GM does. But by your logic to be consistent you have to be perfect or close to it. JRob has done an amazing job—not inconsistent.

Really got Moss, Andre J, and Moulds well after their prime.
Injuries did Pickens and Thigpen in Washington was solid.
As a team who can never find working WR, this is the best chance since Bennett and Mason surprised people almost 20 years ago. Takes another 10 going back to the run n shoot.

How the F do the Colts still have equal odds to win the AFC South? Besides Nelson, literally every player on their team is worse than their Titans counterpart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back