Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me say right now.. this may not work out. We may end up getting someone who doesnt produce... but man, this is something you have to do. It is absolutely worth the risk. I was really against giving up a 1st, but wow a late 2nd is fantastic based on what we know of Jones as of now.

Inconsistent? He has transformed a trash roster in to an excellent one. Does he have a few mistakes? Sure—every GM does. But by your logic to be consistent you have to be perfect or close to it. JRob has done an amazing job—not inconsistent.

Nothing makes him happy, trust me.

We could win the Super Bowl 88-0 and he will still complain.

Pretty psyched about this and hoping Tennessee can finally break the streak of non 4K QB.

Here’s some numbers since 2000. There have been 159 4K seasons.

Titans are 1 of 4 teams to avoid them all (NYJ, Cle, Chi)
Over the passed 10 years, the league has avg a little over 10 per year. (17 the low w/ 8 and 2016 the high w/ 13)

Over that same span, Buffalo (02), Jax (15), Phi (19), SF (00), and Car (11) have only had 1.

NE(11), SD/LAC(12), IND(15), GB(11), Det(10), NO(12), and ATL(10), all have had half or more with a 4K QB.

With the extra game and adding Julio, 4K almost seems like a given but somehow the franchise has avoided it since Warren Moon. We’re due.

Also hoping this opens the gates for Henry to also reach the milestone of first ever 2x 2K rusher. That’s asking for a lot of offense but I think it can be done.

Fingers crossed for health as last year we were bit pretty bad.
*past

Falcons fans are absolutely pissed that they didn't get a first rounder for Julio. Lol

They also all wanted to see Julio, Pitts and Ridley together. I don't blame them.

Great trade. We have weaponized.

However, our history is littered with failed WR and our system currently doesn't support two WR. So we have a lot of hurdles to overcome. It's the right move for all the obvious reasons. Our time is now, we had to weaponize, we needed a WR, we have the right QB to throw it deep.

But here is the laundry list.

Randy Moss
Webster Slaughter
Andre Johnson
Carl Pickens
Eric Moulds
Nate Washington

This list is pathetic because it's basically a graveyard. Just sayin. They come and die here. No wide Receiver in our history has EVER made it.

You are comparing different regimes, in a different style league, with different quarterbacks.. The only one on that list that you listed during the McNair era was Pickens.. whom was on the decline before he was sent out.

Vince's ROY was literally the only thing going for the Titans at QB from 2006-2015 (Andre Johnson only year w/ Titans was 2015) - We had simple game managers to supplement in Hasselbeck, Collins, Mariota. -- Ryan Tannehill is top 10, arguably Top 5 off playaction (and actually if you look at stats, he's beating Mahomes in SEVERAL categories...)

Julio's only year w/o 1000 yards was last year (771) in 9 games. That's still 85.6/game. And previous 6 years was never any less than 1300 yards.. Maybe you were perfectly happy with Josh Reynolds taking attention off of AJ, but 99.9% of this board & Titan fans were not.....

bro as compared to what? Riding In with AJ, Reynolds and a senior bowl stand out?

windows don’t stay open very long in the NFL; our division is garbage for now - this was the time to make the move , draft picks arnt helping this offense at this very minute window ; Julio will though. Let’s goooooo baby

As compared to keeping your draft picks and spending the money elsewhere?

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited and optimistic but he's 32 and has missed games as of late. It's not without risk.

I'm a lifelong Bama fan as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back