Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
derrick henry came out on 3rd and 5 with Art and Todd as OC... im firing vrabel the instant i see derrick henry on the bench on 3rd and 4 next year. theres no way thats a smart football move
every game, every single game the commentators talk about how stupid it is... even as a decoy he demands attention. It is dumb on every possible level. You take out the best offensive player, hands down, and as far as passing goes, Henry kills it when he gets the ball with open field. He has some of the longest receptions of the team.

I wish Buddy was in Buffalo when the Oilers blew that 32 point lead. Punching Gilbride in that game might have made a difference.

Sadly, Buddy was there the next year. They won I think 11 in a row and were rolling into the play-offs. The got up on KC (quarterbacked by Joe Montana)
I was watching with a KC fan and he says, "Doesn't your team blow big leads, like Buffalo, Denver, etc." Then they blew the lead :(

Sorry I digress, back to the happy news of the day :)

Ding, dong, the Downings dead

every game, every single game the commentators talk about how stupid it is... even as a decoy he demands attention. It is dumb on every possible level. You take out the best offensive player, hands down, and as far as passing goes, Henry kills it when he gets the ball with open field. He has some of the longest receptions of the team.
I’m sure teams are well aware that Ward isn’t getting the handoff on third and anything less than 12 yards.

Longer than that and an actual draw play is possible.

I don’t understand the rave reviews of LeFleur. I thought out offense sucked under him and pretty sure most of his success as head coach came from an extremely weak division with Rodgers as his QB his first couple of years
I agree that LeFleur didn’t exactly light it up as our OC and not sure how that one year landed him a HC job.

But the point I was trying to make is that people keep saying that it’s Vrabel not wanting to run a modern style offense, but his first offensive hire was a new, young OC that was touted as being just that.

The dreaded draw play on 3rd and long. Everybody saw it coming.
Curious.
We have 50 people posting how many runs were made on 1st down.

how many runs were made on 3rd down? QBs maybe scrambled, but I m willing to bet it’s less than 20%.
And of those carries, how many were just the 3rd and long draw.

partly because the best RB in the league is taken off the field, but partly because the offense never even attempts to use another RB as a threat to run the ball.

Curious.
We have 50 people posting how many runs were made on 1st down.

how many runs were made on 3rd down? QBs maybe scrambled, but I m willing to bet it’s less than 20%.
And of those carries, how many were just the 3rd and long draw.

partly because the best RB in the league is taken off the field, but partly because the offense never even attempts to use another RB as a threat to run the ball.
Titans Motto Just Run Henry until 3rd down lol

a good first start of the cleanup. Definitely the new Hires need to come from outside of organization but the OC position needs to be a young and hungry person (no more retreads or patchovers) with a mindset of pass setup the run- Titan fans are beyond tired with predictable pedestrian offense that leads to more balls Kicked than caught-this has been going on for over 20 years and really needs to stop.

Focus on offensive and being dynamic vs 3 and out High School playbook which Titan Fans have had to watch for decades now.

I agree that LeFleur didn’t exactly light it up as our OC and not sure how that one year landed him a HC job.

But the point I was trying to make is that people keep saying that it’s Vrabel not wanting to run a modern style offense, but his first offensive hire was a new, young OC that was touted as being just that.
giphy.gif

I seem to remember there being some chatter that Vrabel was thinking of firing, or at least demoting, LaFluer prior to him being announced as the head coach of the Packers. From what I remember, it seemed like there was tension between the two.

It thought J.Rob forced Vrabel to bring LaFleur on as the OC since he wanted to hire both of them during the HC interviews. At least, that's how I recall things going.

I seem to remember there being some chatter that Vrabel was thinking of firing, or at least demoting, LaFluer prior to him being announced as the head coach of the Packers. From what I remember, it seemed like there was tension between the two.
Not sure about that, I don’t remember hearing about a possible demotion. But I do remember not being very impressed by LeFluer. I think Art did a much better job at OC.

I mean, we were actually explosive for the first I can remember. We ended up #2 offense in 2020. It was defense that was garbage that year.

Not sure about that, I don’t remember hearing about a possible demotion. But I do remember not being very impressed by LeFluer. I think Art did a much better job at OC.

I mean, we were actually explosive for the first I can remember. We ended up #2 offense in 2020. It was defense that was garbage that year.
Why we called him The Flower.

Seems like Vrabel likes to hire staff that are yes people..."below him" as it makes him feel smarter I guess

Take it for what it’s worth. Not really sure the source.

View attachment 20430
The source was Taylor Lewan. He got the news LIVE while doing a podcast and said all of this.

He was joking with Downing about playing TE for him next year. Downing said, oh you're going to play for X highschool? Lmao. Just shows that he knows he's terrible and won't get another job as OC in the NFL.

Taylor Lewan Reacts LIVE To Todd Downing Being Fired | Taylor Lewan Reacts LIVE To Todd Downing Being Fired | By Bussin’ With The Boys | Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back