Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most positive news for the titans all season and the second best might be the the oline coach and the third the secondary coach being fired. If we can only figure out a way to dump our bad contracts (tanny being #1). We could go right back to competitive. Great news for the team thus far

We are all excited at the prospect of change but also realize what will actually happen. Titans promote Tim Kelly to OC, promote Mike Sullivan to O-line coach, promote Clinton McMillan to secondary coach, promote Ryan Cowden to GM.
So you’re saying at the very worst it’s still an upgrade. Got it.

I would LOVE to see this happen, and really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see him coming back after being let go as head coach. But man... how awesome would that be??

I think it could be possible- while it's the same franchise, the ownership has shifted to AAS having controlling interest and Webster is gone. Munchak was with the organization for 30 years- and he's a pro. It probably won't happen, but yesterday I thought Downing might be retained, so who knows?

I don’t get some of you acting like Vrabel only wants some archaic type of offense. I think his comment this year when asked about running Henry over and over and he responded “who hell are we supposed to throw it to” tells you that he would like to throw more.

If you remember we were pretty explosive on offense for a couple years before Downing happened. When Vrabel first came here he brought in LeFleur, a young up-and-coming offensive mind. Then with Art we were the number 2 offense in the entire NFL in 2020. With the right pieces and a good OC, I think Vrabel would love to be able to air it out again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t get some of you acting like Vrabel only wants some archaic type of offense. I think his comment this year when asked about running Henry over and over and he responded “who hell are we supposed to throw it to” tells you that he would like to throw more.

If you remember were pretty explosive on offense for a couple years before Downing happened. When Vrabel first came here he brought in LeFleur, a young up-and-coming offensive mind. Then with Art we were the number 2 offense in the entire NFL in 2020. With the right pieces and a good OC, I think Vrabel would love to be able to air it out again.
I don’t understand the rave reviews of LeFleur. I thought out offense sucked under him and pretty sure most of his success as head coach came from an extremely weak division with Rodgers as his QB his first couple of years

I wish Buddy was in Buffalo when the Oilers blew that 32 point lead. Punching Gilbride in that game might have made a difference.
Buddy wouldn’t have stopped with a punch. That would have been an old fashion curb stomp and with no curb, just that cement under the putting green they laid down in the astrodome.

I wish Buddy was in Buffalo when the Oilers blew that 32 point lead. Punching Gilbride in that game might have made a difference.

Sunday night game, Oilers vs Jets, with Bucky taking most of if not all of the 2nd half snaps. I was watching from a Cici's pizza after the Sunday night church service. A buddy came up, grabbed me by the shoulder and yelled 'ol Buddy just swung at Gilbride on the sideline!' and just like that I was glued to the tv for the rest of the night. Such a great memory. Probably Bucky's finest moment/game as an Oiler.

Sunday night game, Oilers vs Jets, with Bucky taking most of if not all of the 2nd half snaps. I was watching from a Cici's pizza after the Sunday night church service. A buddy came up, grabbed me by the shoulder and yelled 'ol Buddy just swung at Gilbride on the sideline!' and just like that I was glued to the tv for the rest of the night. Such a great memory. Probably Bucky's finest moment/game as an Oiler.

I remember watching it live and thinking it was about damn time something like that happened. Gilbride had it coming all season. The end of the first half of that Jets game was the last straw.

If you remember were pretty explosive on offense for a couple years before Downing happened. When Vrabel first came here he brought in LeFleur, a young up-and-coming offensive mind. Then with Art we were the number 2 offense in the entire NFL in 2020. With the right pieces and a good OC, I think Vrabel would love to be able to air it out again.

I don't think Vrabs is as controlling as some folks make him out to be. As you said, under different OCs, the Titans were a different offense. So maybe he just lets his OC do their job. I'm sure he has input but it's not "his offense or nothing" like people here think.

Of course the offense was limited in the passing game by lack of weapons and having Henry, it's tempting to run the ball... But Downing was just terrible at when to call what and when to get away from what wasn't working. Or when to keep doing what was working. Obviously he didn't adjust after halftime.

but they werent a different offense, Henry just ran all over the place and Tannehill was dropping dimes on his couple of crappy receivers. We were still running on 1st down almost every 1st down. We still were running a bunch of 3 yard routes on 3 and 7.. We still had our 2 receivers on the same side of the field within yards of each other. Keep in mind continuity has been a word used over and over.

derrick henry came out on 3rd and 5 with Art and Todd as OC... im firing vrabel the instant i see derrick henry on the bench on 3rd and 4 next year. theres no way thats a smart football move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back