Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what's more pathetic. That Alex is incapable of discussing TV shows or that he physically went through every post and neg rated it.

If Alex had a super power it would be being a massive loser.

latest

At the time I am typing this post, I took at look at all the posts starting at page 365 totaling 128 posts.

47 Superhero show posts: Avvie, Sawdust, Gunny, Tweezy, Playmaker, RTH

43 Posts about non-Superhero shows: Cruds, Dunce, Playmaker, GoT, Smash, Sawdust, RTH, Gunny, Wildwar

28 Posts complaining about Alex or commenting about complaints regarding Alex: Gunny, RTH, Avvie, Sawdust, Playmaker, Cruds, GoT

10 Posts alex complaining: Alex

At some point I know that at least three regular forum members, myself @CRUDS and @Deuce Wayne have complained that the Superhero posts drown out discussion of other TV shows in this thread.

There is a post at the bottom of page 366 asking if anyone watched non-superhero show that is immediately drowned out by a page of superhero discussion. I certainly believe it is plausible that most members don't "catch up" on this thread by reading tens of pages of posts to see if they find something interesting to discuss in the thread. I propose most would check the last page, think "oh yeah superhero show, I'm not interested" and move on.

I also hypothesize that there is a direct correlation between my complaining posts, followed by complaining about me, that then somehow leads to a new post discussing a non-superhero tv show.

I wasn't super careful in keeping track of names so it's possible I missed one on the above. However it is amazing to me that 6 people have posted in 37% of the last 128 posts discussing a direct sub-genre of all TV shows, yet would rather continue to mix that discussion in an all encompassing TV show thread rather than have their own dedicated to only discussing the sub-genre topic that truly interest them. Keep in mind that 30% of posts in the last 128 are complaint/joke post in some form or another.

67% of this thread in the last 128 posts has either been superhero related, or complaints regarding superhero domination of the thread.

I am actually increasing my posts talking about superhero shows because of you, alex.

Keep bitching, but not actually adding ANYTHING to the topic of TV Shows.

I didn't complain to a moderator.

I'm just going to increase my superhero posts because, well **** your bitching.

There's actually a negative correlation to that. In fact, I hypothesize that my complaining, followed by your complaining, will actually increase non superhero tv discussion over the next several pages of this thread.

That's how it has worked the last 13 pages or so.

I have contempt for horror movies, old and new... but I don't go back and negative rate all of Cruds' posts about them. Nor do I bitch in the horror villain war posts about it.

I'm not a baby.

Has anyone seen Powers?

It's, unfortunately, on the Playstation Network... but I really enjoy Bendis' take on the genre and was curious if the show is any good.

At the time I am typing this post, I took at look at all the posts starting at page 365 totaling 128 posts.

47 Superhero show posts: Avvie, Sawdust, Gunny, Tweezy, Playmaker, RTH

43 Posts about non-Superhero shows: Cruds, Dunce, Playmaker, GoT, Smash, Sawdust, RTH, Gunny, Wildwar

28 Posts complaining about Alex or commenting about complaints regarding Alex: Gunny, RTH, Avvie, Sawdust, Playmaker, Cruds, GoT

10 Posts alex complaining: Alex

At some point I know that at least three regular forum members, myself @CRUDS and @Deuce Wayne have complained that the Superhero posts drown out discussion of other TV shows in this thread.

There is a post at the bottom of page 366 asking if anyone watched non-superhero show that is immediately drowned out by a page of superhero discussion. I certainly believe it is plausible that most members don't "catch up" on this thread by reading tens of pages of posts to see if they find something interesting to discuss in the thread. I propose most would check the last page, think "oh yeah superhero show, I'm not interested" and move on.

I also hypothesize that there is a direct correlation between my complaining posts, followed by complaining about me, that then somehow leads to a new post discussing a non-superhero tv show.
Here's what I take from this post:

1.) As we already knew, you have contributed ZERO tv discussion to the tv discussion thread. Only a bunch of tittybaby crying.
2.) The count was 47 superhero to 43 non-superhero. Slight edge to superhero shows but hardly the "all" you make it out to be.
3.) Yes you are making it worse. Far, far worse.

Bottom line, the only thing ruining this thread is you Alex. And the only thing "drowning out" TV discussion lately is your complaining and the subsequent complaining about your complaining (again, which is ALL on you).

There's actually a negative correlation to that. In fact, I hypothesize that my complaining, followed by your complaining, will actually increase non superhero tv discussion over the next several pages of this thread.

That's how it has worked the last 13 pages or so.
No your complaining had nothing to do with it. Other shows are mentioned here quite a bit.

Let's try an experiment. How about you only post in this thread when you actually have a show to discuss? Have you ever considered that maybe actually adding to the non-superhero show discussion would have more of an impact toward your desired outcome than just throwing a tantrum like a little girl?

No your complaining had nothing to do with it. Other shows are mentioned here quite a bit.

Let's try an experiment. How about you only post in this thread when you actually have a show to discuss? Have you ever considered that maybe actually adding to the non-superhero show discussion would have more of an impact toward your desired outcome than just throwing a tantrum like a little girl?

I can try but I would predict that any topic I brought up would be drowned out by subsequent superhero discussion. I'd guess most other posters are to the point of not bothering to open this thread since posts in this thread are dominated by a handful that only want to discuss the superhero sub genre of tv shows for 67% of conversation here.

Besides as I gave an example from another poster, this already happens.

When I have time I'll go through the prior ten pages before I began counting where I hypothesize discussion will be more skewed towards superhero discussion with less complaint count and roughly the same handful of posters that dominate this thread with discussion of only the particular sub genre

I can try but I would predict that any topic I brought up would be drowned out by subsequent superhero discussion. I'd guess most other posters are to the point of not bothering to open this thread since posts in this thread are dominated by a handful that only want to discuss the superhero sub genre of tv shows for 67% of conversation here.

Besides as I gave an example from another poster, this already happens.
You're referring to Smash asking about Lucifer? Maybe it's simply that no one watches Lucifer or cares enough about it to discuss? Other people have asked "does anyone watch (non-superhero show here)?" and have gotten replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back