Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Legion tonight out of curiosity.

Wondering how in depth they'll go with David... or just run with the concept and create their own path.

heard good stuff about the americans, never watched it before, but I'm 2 seasons in now after a few weeks. Really great show.

probably missed all the discussion about it 200 pages ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching Legion tonight out of curiosity.

Wondering how in depth they'll go with David... or just run with the concept and create their own path.
So... I've gotta go multiple episodes on Legion.

It's either crazy good or crazy bad.

When you're dealing with a mutant with multiple personality disorder... hard to tell what's going on 1 episode in. It could be brilliant messing with the viewers to feel as mixed up as David... or just a mess.

Plus, no idea what kind of liberties they're taking with him.

"Santa Clarita Diet"- Netflix original series
Wife is watching this one. Absurd comedy featuring the perennially cute Drew Barrymore as a suburban housewife who becomes human-eating undead. Mayhem ensues as family tries to learn to live with her condition. Got some chuckles as today's episode begins with her trying various methods to reattach a toe that has fallen off. Secondary plots follow her fun, smart, and outgoing daughter trying to both be rebellious and be involved in the murders and coverups.

I need to look into how Netflix makes money.

Consider ALL of their original stuff... it's great quality AND a lot of good, known actors.

Impressive... I guess those low cost subscriptions pay well. Even with so many sharing them.

I need to look into how Netflix makes money.

Consider ALL of their original stuff... it's great quality AND a lot of good, known actors.

Impressive... I guess those low cost subscriptions pay well. Even with so many sharing them.
Netflix doesn't actually create the series; they simply buy the broadcast rights. It seems that there's a lot of content that can't get through the normal cable outlets, and shouldn't. I'm guessing that subscriptions are enough to make up for the advertising revenue; with cable, you pay a lot more AND get advertisements, and we know that a lot of that money just stays within the cable company and it's operations.

Netflix doesn't actually create the series; they simply buy the broadcast rights. It seems that there's a lot of content that can't get through the normal cable outlets, and shouldn't. I'm guessing that subscriptions are enough to make up for the advertising revenue; with cable, you pay a lot more AND get advertisements, and we know that a lot of that money just stays within the cable company and it's operations.
That's true. They don't have the usual expenditures... essentially servers. They don't have to provide or maintain the connections, that's on us.

Yeah... Netflix could just be 2 rooms and a few people. The one room is the servers and the other is the IT guy and owner... both named Paul, coincidentally.

Walking Dead previews show the lovely Pollyanna Mcintosh is joining the show next week. Yay!

300full-pollyanna-mcintosh.jpg

I like 24, but I am not sold on the new "Jack Bauer". That kid looks more like someone you'd see hanging out in an arcade than saving the world from terrorists.. It's always gotta be a fashion show..
Show some ugly people for a change..

Don't know if I'd classify Keifer as attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back