Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching Band of Brothers because I never finished it during its original airing.

Going back and watching it now you realize how many young actors got a bit of a start in it. Sam Rockwell, James McAvoy, Donnie Wahlberg, Michael Fassbender, Simon Pegg, Tom Hardy, and a few others.

I'm watching Band of Brothers because I never finished it during its original airing.

Going back and watching it now you realize how many young actors got a bit of a start in it. Sam Rockwell, James McAvoy, Donnie Wahlberg, Michael Fassbender, Simon Pegg, Tom Hardy, and a few others.
Yeah I rewatched the series on memorial day and was noticing the same thing. Tons of up and comers in that show.

I watched Band of Brothers and The Pacific over the last couple of weeks. Band of Bothers was considerably better. The story of Easy Company was really compelling and the characters were interesting. It seemed like the environment was the main character of The Pacific. Episode 8 was pretty good with hitting the feels, but other than that it seemed kind of like a generic war movie.

Band of Brothers- 9.5.

The Pacific- 7.5.

I watched Band of Brothers and The Pacific over the last couple of weeks. Band of Bothers was considerably better. The story of Easy Company was really compelling and the characters were interesting. It seemed like the environment was the main character of The Pacific. Episode 8 was pretty good with hitting the feels, but other than that it seemed kind of like a generic war movie.

Band of Brothers- 9.5.

The Pacific- 7.5.
In the Pacific the war scenes were also pretty much alike, where as in BoB the tactical aspect played a bigger role, if that makes any sense. There were a bigger variety in their assignments.

With that said, after fighting the japaneses, it didn't seem the US used much of that experience in Vietnam.

In the Pacific the war scenes were also pretty much alike, where as in BoB the tactical aspect played a bigger role, if that makes any sense. There were a bigger variety in their assignments.

With that said, after fighting the japaneses, it didn't seem the US used much of that experience in Vietnam.
Seemed to me most of the battles in Pacific were at night and all you could see was confusion. Then the sun would rise and there would be thousands of dead Japanese. I did not care for the series at all.

5 eps into The Defenders so far. Really enjoying it, despite the insufferable Danny Rand. Really, I'm no Iron Fist guy, but I feel sorry for those who are. Surely he wasn't written to be the guy Finn Jones is playing?...

Another thing I'm digging is the color cues in the first couple of episodes. As the scenes changes, so do the color themes of the setting to correspond with the central character of each theme. Murdock obviously red; Cage autumn gold (clever); Jessica Jones lavender-blue; Danny Rand yellow-green; Alexandra white and light grey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back