Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone else is even watching Preacher, but I think it really picked up this season. The final few episodes in particular were really strong. I'm actually really looking forward to season 3 now.

Not sure if anyone else is even watching Preacher, but I think it really picked up this season. The final few episodes in particular were really strong. I'm actually really looking forward to season 3 now.
Eh. It's ok.

I can see why people enjoy it... I just can't that much because character traits and motivations are so different.

So... it's ok.

I love the Preacher...look forward to whatever crazy thing is going to happen each episode...because something will.

Eh. It's ok.

I can see why people enjoy it... I just can't that much because character traits and motivations are so different.

So... it's ok.
I've just pretty much totally separated the show from the source material at this point and am just enjoying it as it's own thing. I can understand the frustration over how the show has strayed from the comics. It bothered me quite a bit season 1. But I gotta give them credit. They've actually built a really cool world with interesting characters. Second half or so of this season really picked up and hooked me.

Really looking forward to season 3 and Angelville.

I've just pretty much totally separated the show from the source material at this point and am just enjoying it as it's own thing. I can understand the frustration over how the show has strayed from the comics. It bothered me quite a bit season 1. But I gotta give them credit. They've actually built a really cool world with interesting characters. Second half or so of this season really picked up and hooked me.

Really looking forward to season 3 and Angelville.
I don't care how far it strays from the comic, at all... but the character motivations and traits are what I loved - moreso than the tales.

It'd be like, say... if Tony Stark were put on screen as a guy that decided to continue war profiteering and built the armor "just because".

The universe and stories work... but the characters do not for me because that's the part I love from the series.

Watched the first episode. What's the appeal?
One episode doesn't tell you much. It's an overarching story that dumps lots of tropes on it's head, and thpugh disguised as a cartoon comedy with animal puns it's actually a tragic comedy noir in which actual consequences happen from every action which don't go away. Forgiveness isn't given; hurt people stay hurt; Hollywood is actually renamed Hollywoo when the sign is damaged.

If there's anything I dislike about it, it's the irritatingly stupid Todd. I don't know why cartoons always have to have this cbaracter. I can't watch the Simpsons because of Homer....stupid is just not funny to me at all. Still, as with Homer, Todd eventually serves a purpose as a moral foil.

The Strain

@CRUDS

I had a false start watching this one. I just was not into it when I watched the first 3ish episodes when it first aired. Cruds talked me into giving it another chance. Starts slow... introductions and backgrounds on our main characters. I will admit season 1 is a bit of a slog and you kinda still dont know WTF is going on, but it starts going and how. I could do a comparison contrast with politics but I will decline. People will see in it what they will. I will just say that the story gets an ultimate ending and an epilogue. And at the end I was glad Cruds talked me into giving it another shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back