Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding myself facepalming a lot... like when I would watch Smallville. That was a comedy, right..?
It's never been a show to take too seriously. They just do whatever to progress the story the way they need it to go. Like Gordon knowingly going into a riot at Arkham totally solo and with zero body armor. He's just like "This nice suit and my pistol will do. What could go wrong?"

I kinda throw logic out the window with Gotham. I really couldn't even tell you why I continue to watch it other than there are a handful of interesting characters and I'm a sucker for Batman.

It's never been a show to take too seriously. They just do whatever to progress the story the way they need it to go. Like Gordon knowingly going into a riot at Arkham totally solo and with zero body armor. He's just like "This nice suit and my pistol will do. What could go wrong?"

I kinda throw logic out the window with Gotham. I really couldn't even tell you why I continue to watch it other than there are a handful of interesting characters and I'm a sucker for Batman.
Logic isn't the issue... the issue is poor writing and aimless stories. Bad casting.

Hit a few perfectly... the rest suck.

Finished Bojack S4 last night. This season was more about character studies of side characters, and they all have tragic subtexts. I felt bad for everyone as the last episode closed...especially Diane, who was broken down in tears in her final scene. Lols came with the abuse of "thoughts and prayers" in an early episode in which yet another mass shooting ruins a tv show script (and then today's Vegas event happened..bummer), and I had to get the inhaler to recover from a 3-second scene bumper featuring a Frogger reference.

Finished Bojack S4 last night. This season was more about character studies of side characters, and they all have tragic subtexts. I felt bad for everyone as the last episode closed...especially Diane, who was broken down in tears in her final scene. Lols came with the abuse of "thoughts and prayers" in an early episode in which yet another mass shooting ruins a tv show script (and then today's Vegas event happened..bummer), and I had to get the inhaler to recover from a 3-second scene bumper featuring a Frogger reference.

tumblr_ow4lj8QPEt1s5dr1wo1_1280.jpg

watch

Above, someone was talking about baby batman fighting grown men.
Realism exists even in comics. That isn't very believable even in a comic.

Superpowers? Unrealistic, but it still explains how a person can do something like that. This is a kid that has moderate training and is fighting off fully grown, armed men.

Even in a comic the writer would think "yeah... I don't think so..."

Show has poor writers.

Anybody else watch Curb? As expected it felt... different. Kinda like they were trying too hard. It was pretty solid nonetheless though.

Had.

We're too far beyond the turn around point. Just a slow motion train wreck.
Yeah. Poor word choice.

It should've been a darker (not dark dark but just at least slightly more serious and believable in tone) detective driven show. There are enough quality villains to pull it off. Instead the writers insisted on throwing the whole kitchen sink at us pretty much from day one. It's silly having 19 villains per season when Batman doesn't even exist yet.

Also super annoying how no one can ever just stay dead. The Solomon Grundy tease at the end of the last season finale was just cringe as hell.

Yeah. Poor word choice.

It should've been a darker (not dark dark but just at least slightly more serious and believable in tone) detective driven show. There are enough quality villains to pull it off. Instead the writers insisted on throwing the whole kitchen sink at us pretty much from day one. It's silly having 19 villains per season when Batman doesn't even exist yet.

Also super annoying how no one can ever just stay dead. The Solomon Grundy tease at the end of the last season finale was just cringe as hell.
And yet, makes perfect sense for what this show has become.

I compared it to the ridiculousness of Smallville. Fitting... 2 biggest characters from DC have shitty shows for their young days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back