Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They HAD to find a way to work the bipolar angle back into the show.

Talk about utterly STUPID, I went back and started rewatching Dexter. My god, there was never a season of that show that wasn't mind-numbingly dumb. True Blood was probably smarter than that show.

Talk about utterly STUPID, I went back and started rewatching Dexter. My god, there was never a season of that show that wasn't mind-numbingly dumb. True Blood was probably smarter than that show.
That's funny I was just telling my wife I'd like to rewatch Dexter other day. I really really loved those first 4 or so seasons but then it just got dumber and dumber. Maybe the earlier seasons were just as dumb but I didn't notice. You kinda have to suspend logic to even buy the premise of that show anyway.

I've mentioned this before, but the wife and I enjoyed the first season but bailed halfway through season two because there wasn't a single character we liked, and especially hated all the females. I'm sure that season four was much better, but lost interest.

I've mentioned this before, but the wife and I enjoyed the first season but bailed halfway through season two because there wasn't a single character we liked, and especially hated all the females. I'm sure that season four was much better, but lost interest.
His sister is definitely one of the most annoying major characters in any show ever.

Anyone checked out 'Everything Sucks' on Netflix yet? I can't decide if it looks good or not. But obviously I'm interested just due to the setting/subject matter.

That's funny I was just telling my wife I'd like to rewatch Dexter other day. I really really loved those first 4 or so seasons but then it just got dumber and dumber. Maybe the earlier seasons were just as dumb but I didn't notice. You kinda have to suspend logic to even buy the premise of that show anyway.

My recollection was exactly the same - that 1-4 weren't as dumb as the rest.
But wow, yes ALL seasons were absolutely dumb as ****.
Suspending logic is one thing, but this show just hurts the brain.
That, and all the characters - every one of them - are utterly annoying. Especially Deb.

I just caught half a season of Dexter S2, wasnt as bad as you are saying

Season 2 - that's the one with the "drug shack" out in the Glades with a magical chain link jail cell able to hold ex Navy Seal badass for days on end and mountains of coke on a wood table?
Nothing absurd about that. Nope..

I'm intrigued:

Will it be better than the remake from years ago??
I think I saw at quick glance that William Hurt was cameo'd...will probably be better than for sure, as that remake was nearly a Disney campfest. It looks like they borrowed some pages from Interstellar.

Anyone checked out 'Everything Sucks' on Netflix yet? I can't decide if it looks good or not. But obviously I'm interested just due to the setting/subject matter.
Well anyway, the wife and I started this last night. Actually knocked out 5 of the 10 episodes. It's nothing special or that hasn't been done before but fairly entertaining nonetheless. The first episode was a little rough but luckily it got better. They do try to force the 90's nostalgia too much. I get that's kinda what the show is about but I don't need to hear "phat", "all that and a bag of chips" and "da bomb" all in the same 20 minute episode.

If you were middle/high school age in the 90s, you might enjoy it. If not, probably skip it as you've seen likely seen plenty of similar high school tales already. This certainly isn't the 90's version of Freaks and Geeks or anything.

Well anyway, the wife and I started this last night. Actually knocked out 5 of the 10 episodes. It's nothing special or that hasn't been done before but fairly entertaining nonetheless. The first episode was a little rough but luckily it got better. They do try to force the 90's nostalgia too much. I get that's kinda what the show is about but I don't need to hear "phat", "all that and a bag of chips" and "da bomb" all in the same 20 minute episode.

If you were middle/high school age in the 90s, you might enjoy it. If not, probably skip it as you've seen likely seen plenty of similar high school tales already. This certainly isn't the 90's version of Freaks and Geeks or anything.
Having now finished the show, I wasn't giving it enough credit here. Show is actually pretty fantastic. It really hit its stride around episode 4 or 5. The two lead kids are really great, particularly the girl.

I pretty much watch exclusively Netflix but here's a couple good shows I'm waiting for another season to come out.

Mindhunter - 70's drama show documenting the origins of the FBI psychological investigations. Based off true agents. Originally coined the term "serial killer".

Borderline - an English show similar to the office (they talk to the camera) but based around an small airport security team. I thought it was funny.

Pacific Heat- Australian show similar to Archer. Hilarious.

Stranger things- if you watch it you know.

Bob and David - basically a continued version of Mr Show.

The Birthday Boys - similar to The whitest kids you know.

One Punch Man - awesome anime. Better than DBZ

Attack on Titan- really good anime although has some very strange and creepy moments.

Orange is the new black-

F is for family-

The ranch- season 3 and the show is already going downhill. If master son isn't around, might as well just stop there.

The magicians - it's alright. My wife liked it more than me.

Everything sucks- just started. It's a 90's themed show. I think they try too hard sometimes to try reminding the viewer of that. The story overall isn't great.

Netflix also started a weekly show, the Joel Mchale show. Basically a continuation of The Soup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back