Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Mercedes on Audience Network season 2 starts tonight. Season 1 was really good. Not a dull episode in the bunch. It's based off a Stephen King novel.

I'd highly recommend getting caught up to watch season 2.

Lodge 49-quirky and different.
When I first saw the trailer I thought "man this seems like a wannabe Big Lebowski." The character's name is even Dud. Then I saw a TV spot the other day where they were billing it as "Basically, The Big Lebowski as a TV show" lol. So at least they are embracing it I guess.

When I first saw the trailer I thought "man this seems like a wannabe Big Lebowski." The character's name is even Dud. Then I saw a TV spot the other day where they were billing it as "Basically, The Big Lebowski as a TV show" lol. So at least they are embracing it I guess.
Well, I never saw The Big Lebowski so I can't speak to that. So far I like the show, quirky and typical AMC style show.

Well, I never saw The Big Lebowski so I can't speak to that. So far I like the show, quirky and typical AMC style show.
Yeah wasn't implying it was a bad show. I haven't seen it. But just based on the trailers/commercials I've seen, Lodge 49's "Dud" is a pretty blatant ripoff of Lebowksi's "Dude". Not that Big Lebowski owns the whole slacker persona or anything. But I just found it interesting they came right out and mentioned BL in their official advertising.

Oh, and you definitely need to watch BL. The humor probably isn't everyone's cup of tea but I've yet to talk to anyone who outright didn't like it.

lebowski is probably my favorite movie ever. i find a new joke every time i watch it
It's my favorite as well. I know it's cliche as hell but I don't care. I've never not been in the mood to watch it and it continues to be immensely entertaining even though I've seen it a million times.

Walter really reminds me of one of my best friends, even though he's obviously not that extreme of a personality. But the mannerisms and general attitude.

i mean it's only cliche in the fact that it's just a brilliant movie that's so gawdamn quotable for a reason. like i genuinely believe it's the greatest script ever written

i mean it's only cliche in the fact that it's just a brilliant movie that's so gawdamn quotable for a reason. like i genuinely believe it's the greatest script ever written
Oh yeah I totally agree. Just meant cliche in the sense that it's probably the most common answer for "whats your favorite movie" by the mid-20s on up to 40's/50's male demographic.

The ozarks baby

only thing i don’t like is the forced “This old guy just happens to be a old mobster bad ass” shit. That scene burning the fields was soooo corny

“Burn baby, buuurrrrn”

Like seriously wtf here’s this bad ass show then shit like that happens

Netflix recommendation: The End Of The F***ing World

A very dark comedy noir of errors in the form of a coming of age story. Eight 20min episodes.

Iron Fist S2 is actually really good! Looks like they took note of all the online critics and fixed the problems. Fight choreography is much better and Danny isnt acting like a doe-eyed moron.

Iron Fist S2 is actually really good! Looks like they took note of all the online critics and fixed the problems. Fight choreography is much better and Danny isnt acting like a doe-eyed moron.
I might watch it then. I couldn't get through two episodes of the first season.

I didn't get into Jessica Jones this second season or Luke Cage. I guess I need to give them another try.

I might watch it then. I couldn't get through two episodes of the first season.

I didn't get into Jessica Jones this second season or Luke Cage. I guess I need to give them another try.

The Netflix Marvelverse has an arc that pulls from all the shows; the stories are standalone but some of the characters have an arc that spreads through all the shows, such as Misty Knight and Connie Wing. Defenders was basically the actual S2 of Iron Fist, but Danny was still the worst character in it. If you skipped IF s1 and Defenders, you wont know who any of these people are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back