Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the Benoit episode/s. Fantastic. Probably a hot take, but honestly I think it's kinda ****ed up the way the WWE has totally scrubbed him from the books. I get not putting him in the HoF and all that. But the refusal to even acknowledge his existence within the company is just weird and reeks of total CYA move veiled as compassion (if the WWE really cared that much they probably would've reached out more to the family other than sending good ole JR to the funeral).

I mean, my point is, if the dude really had that level of CTE then it OBVIOUSLY contributed to his crimes. And that CTE was, at least partially if not mostly, from wrestling for the WWE. Pretending Chris Benoit never existed makes it much easier for them to shield themselves from any responsibility I suppose.

Also, steroid policy my ass lol. Just look at those dudes. Even still today.

Oh yea the WWE is a joke on testing. The fucking chief operating officer is obviously roided up.

I watch the Benoit episode(s) the other night and couldn’t go to sleep. It was so crazy and sad. It’s so obvious that stress, roids and probably mostly CTE turned him into a monster.

The other two episodes were great as well. New Jack episode was something I’d never even heard of before.

The show is a reminder that professional wrestling was dark once upon a time. It’s was a traveling carnival act. Imo it’s why it just is not as entertaining now. It’s just so overproduced, corporate and sterile.

Oh yea the WWE is a joke on testing. The ****ing chief operating officer is obviously roided up.

I watch the Benoit episode(s) the other night and couldn’t go to sleep. It was so crazy and sad. It’s so obvious that stress, roids and probably mostly CTE turned him into a monster.

The other two episodes were great as well. New Jack episode was something I’d never even heard of before.

The show is a reminder that professional wrestling was dark once upon a time. It’s was a traveling carnival act. Imo it’s why it just is not as entertaining now. It’s just so overproduced, corporate and sterile.
I remembered the whole Mass Transit incident and his overall rep in ECW but most of the other stuff was new to me. Dude is a complete POS.

Ozarks season 3. Loved 99% of it. Hated the last five seconds. Nothing in that season would have led you to believe that was coming, especially in that episode. The whole season finale was a red herring for shock value and a cliffhanger.

Ozarks season 3. Loved 99% of it. Hated the last five seconds. Nothing in that season would have led you to believe that was coming, especially in that episode. The whole season finale was a red herring for shock value and a cliffhanger.
Really? I totally expected it, for several reasons. I thought it was very plausible within the context of what had been going on.

I’m watching the newest Tiger King. It’s hosted by Joel McHale. I’ve been watching Community the last few days.

When did this motherfucker grow hair?

Last edited by a moderator:
Told my friend the same thing. Didnt really make sense other than they had to end it that way to keep up the tradition.

The clues were not all the subtle. It just didnt make sense. Person was overall too valuable to the organization.
I think he was obviously aware she was trying to make a power play and set up the Byrds. Guy like that probably doesn't appreciate it when someone tries to get one over on him. Makes total sense to me anyway. And yeah, sure she's valuable to him. But so are the Byrds. I think you could make an argument she was more replaceable than a guy like Marty. Regardless, I think the root of the execution was her trying to pull a fast one on him.

This one looks interesting. Coming to HBO.

I’m sure there is some narrative about racism and monsters blah blah racism was the real monster here all along and how they are Lovecraftian beasts along with how Lovecraft himself was a vocal racist. The white people will have to work with black people to beat the monsters and racism will be over. Probably like 9th grade level writing.

I like monsters though. I like Lovecraft. Series will be 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back