Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking Bad is probably my favorite show of all time.

Still sad SoA just finished, although season 7 had a ton of flaws. Whatever, still one of the greatest series ever.

I want to get into Peaky Blinders (especially because Tom Hardy is my favorite actor) but isn't it very similar to Boardwalk Empire? Slow, gorgeous costumes and scenery?

Breaking Bad is probably my favorite show of all time.

Still sad SoA just finished, although season 7 had a ton of flaws. Whatever, still one of the greatest series ever.

I want to get into Peaky Blinders (especially because Tom Hardy is my favorite actor) but isn't it very similar to Boardwalk Empire? Slow, gorgeous costumes and scenery?

I am curious about Peaky Blinders as I loved BW Empire.

I loved Boardwalk also, and that's why I'm curious/interested about Peaky Blinders also..

What did you think of the last season? I found it really hit and miss. Given the fact they were rushed they could have left out the Cuba part and made the Chalky part a lot shorter. Also, I did not find the end believable. I see what they were trying to do but I do not see it happening.

The flashbacks were probably the best part of the last season. It was cool to see some of the gaps filled in. And the guy they got to play Nucky as a young adult was excellent.

What did you think of the last season? I found it really hit and miss. Given the fact they were rushed they could have left out the Cuba part and made the Chalky part a lot shorter. Also, I did not find the end believable. I see what they were trying to do but I do not see it happening.

The flashbacks were probably the best part of the last season. It was cool to see some of the gaps filled in. And the guy they got to play Nucky as a young adult was excellent.
I think condensing the final season worked for the most part.. Always a good show, but at times slow and dragged (the payoff for 'waiting' was always worth it), but it benefited from a shorter season IMO.

Young Nucky was amazing, and I really liked the ending (no spoiler).. Jimmy will always be my all time favorite character on that show.

SOA one of the greatest ever? Lol..
Maybe one of the most trite, trying and confusing series ever.
Had a good season or two then just became a dysfunctional mess.
Dumb ending - glad it's over.

Is it Dramatic constantly, or a "GIT ON DA GROUND!" kinda cop show?

You'd think from most police shows these days, everybody is too busy doing the nasty than doing their jobs.

I miss dragnet and adam 12.

For a cop show, it's not horrible. I've only seen a few episodes on Netflix... I love Damian Lewis in Band of Brothers and Homeland, so I wanted to check out Life.

It's basically a show on the level of Monk. I always enjoyed Monk when I was younger. I've just been spoiled with watching top notch shows in recent years to where I can no longer watch just anything.

Not a typical cop show, I suppose. But it has that same network TV cheesiness and predictability to it.

For a cop show, it's not horrible. I've only seen a few episodes on Netflix... I love Damian Lewis in Band of Brothers and Homeland, so I wanted to check out Life.

It's basically a show on the level of Monk. I always enjoyed Monk when I was younger. I've just been spoiled with watching top notch shows in recent years to where I can no longer watch just anything.

Not a typical cop show, I suppose. But it has that same network TV cheesiness and predictability to it.
BoB was an amazing show, and I gotta check out homeland.

It's kind of the same for me, I have a hard time finding quality in TV shows these days, Although I got three of the new DC animated features last night, and I gotta say.... Flashpoint fscking rocked balls.

Continuing my tradition of being three years late on pop culture, the wife and I just watched S1 of American Horror Story in two sittings...10 eps the first night and 2 the second. Great first and second acts; third act and resolution was slightly lukewarm. I'm still not entirely clear on Constance's role with the house.
Looking forward to powering through the next two seasons.

Just watched the midseason finale of AHS. It was kind of a bummer but still pretty good. It was cool how they tied it into Asylum.

Speaking of, I f***ing hate midseason finales. When did this become the norm for every damn show in existence? Is Sopranos to blame for this BS?

Just watched the midseason finale of AHS. It was kind of a bummer but still pretty good. It was cool how they tied it into Asylum.

Speaking of, I f***ing hate midseason finales. When did this become the norm for every damn show in existence? Is Sopranos to blame for this BS?

I think it has to a lot do with production schedules. A lot of these shows are filming just weeks prior to airing. Split seasons also started popping up when in-season reruns started getting phased out.

I've wondered if there has been any kind of noticeable drop in ratings during this period... seem to be more holiday specials and even see new shows attempted.

I've wondered if there has been any kind of noticeable drop in ratings during this period... seem to be more holiday specials and even see new shows attempted.

They anticipate a drop during holidays and bowl/playoff season.
World Series, Olympics etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back