Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
problems with SoA which hurt the believability of the show and make it worse:
  • Jax is waaaayy too pretty to be a biker. and no one who rides wears white shoes
  • SAMCRO has a moral objection to running drugs - said no outlaw biker ever
  • these guys wearbtheir colors way too much. outlaw MCs have very strict rules on when you can wear them. and you are not allowed to wear them during criminal activity. protects them from RICO. these guys though weqr their cors everywhere

problems with SoA which hurt the believability of the show and make it worse:
  • Jax is waaaayy too pretty to be a biker. and no one who rides wears white shoes
  • SAMCRO has a moral objection to running drugs - said no outlaw biker ever
  • these guys wearbtheir colors way too much. outlaw MCs have very strict rules on when you can wear them. and you are not allowed to wear them during criminal activity. protects them from RICO. these guys though weqr their cors everywhere
It's a TV show.

that is a weak cop out. this isn't 1974.
Complaining that the lead in a big budget mainstream TV show is too good looking seems pretty silly to me, regardless of what year it is.

The white sneakers thing is pretty funny and something I've made fun of myself. That said, I don't see why it should detract from the overall show. But to each his own I guess.

Your other points are not invalid. I just think you have to give a fictional TV show some leeway. If you choose to do so you can pick apart pretty much every show out there and label it "unrealistic".

i think have been spoiled but it it more. it is not just thatvjax is good loocking but he is too much of a ptetty boy to take seriously.

i think have been spoiled but it it more. it is not just thatvjax is good loocking but he is too much of a ptetty boy to take seriously.
His looks don't bother me but I did have some problems with that character. I won't argue that the show had its share of flaws. I just don't think it was ever intended to be an uber realistic depiction of the biker life. So I won't fault it for not being so.

i expected SoA to be a loy better. too much of it is either not believable or does not make sense. just finished season 2. i still like it and all bit it could have been a lot better.

Hell, Season 2 was when the show was still good!
That show gets so freaking stupid and redundant by the end that you could do an easy MST3k on it each week.

SoA is a soap opera about a biker gang watching it as that it is a great ride

I am waiting on Netflix to que up final season

SoA is Kurt Sutter's biker version of Hamlet (think I'm joking - look it up). If they followed Hamlet properly the show would have been 4 seasons max and would have at least some sensical reasoning rather than 7 long seasons of inexplicable choices.
Jax was nothing short of a narcissistic douchebag willing to turn on anyone yet blindly supported by his gang - to the point of absurdity.
Every episode featured two obligatory car chases, one unexplainable shootout and at least one mindless monologue by Jax about he would do anything for his club, then would go out and do a rash of crap totally the opposite of what he just said.
Oh, and every 5 minutes the whole club would hop on their bikes and go here, then there, then the next place.
It was an impossible mess at best..

I thought it was a fun and entertaining show despite its flaws. Certainly better than the majority of the current TV lineup (at least imo). But I can understand its not for everyone.

I think GoT pretty much nailed it. It's basically a soap opera about a biker gang. If you're expecting a serious, super realistic depiction of biker life you're gonna be disappointed.

I'm rewatching The Wire with my girl right now. She's never seen it. We're at the end of the 1st season and she just said;

"Are they about to get shot, they're about to get shot ain't they? I feel like everyone's always about to get shot."

Gotta love The Wire.

Ya know, I'm kinda surprised by this, but.....you have no idea just how many fks I don't give about bikers, bikes or any of that crap. It's like metal poseurism for septogenarians. A bunch of greybeards still trying to prove they're tough guys for no reason whatsoever to a world that totally doesnt give a sht. And they ride mechanically inferior products. I really don't understand them at all. I mean, they're mostly nice guys...dentists and whatnot...but I stopped dressing and acting like that when I was 17.

A bunch of greybeards still trying to prove they're tough guys for no reason whatsoever to a world that totally doesnt give a sht.

That was a big part of what pissed me off about the show. They (especially Jax) stood for nothing. The only voice of reason throughout the entire series (Bobby) suddenly had no voice at all in the final season - when it counted most. Could have been something but they chose to pander instead of do some real story telling..

That was a big part of what pissed me off about the show. They (especially Jax) stood for nothing. The only voice of reason throughout the entire series (Bobby) suddenly had no voice at all in the final season - when it counted most. Could have been something but they chose to pander instead of do some real story telling..

SoA was consistently inconsistent with character actions and motivations. I didn't watch the last two seasons. I suffered through the previous two because I found the first couple of seasons entertaining. Glad I tapped out when I did and I've got no desire to know how it played out.

I couldn't finish Sons. After 4 seasons I had to tap out, just didn't feel for the show anymore like some of you have mentioned. That show became too much of a mess for me to keep going. I did the same with Dexter and still have no motivation to go back and finish.

Watched the 1st season of Bates Motel, loved it. Waiting for season 2 on Netflix now. Wanting to check out Peaky Blinders, anyone else seen it?

Gotham last night was alright. I would quit on the show but my comic book geek won't let me. Show is everywhere with too many sub plots in each episode. Interested in Agent Carter tonight.

SoA is Kurt Sutter's biker version of Hamlet (think I'm joking - look it up). If they followed Hamlet properly the show would have been 4 seasons max and would have at least some sensical reasoning rather than 7 long seasons of inexplicable choices.
Jax was nothing short of a narcissistic douchebag willing to turn on anyone yet blindly supported by his gang - to the point of absurdity.
Every episode featured two obligatory car chases, one unexplainable shootout and at least one mindless monologue by Jax about he would do anything for his club, then would go out and do a rash of crap totally the opposite of what he just said.
Oh, and every 5 minutes the whole club would hop on their bikes and go here, then there, then the next place.
It was an impossible mess at best..

Looks like Hamlet to me. They keep dropping hints that something sketchy went down with the death of dream boy Jax's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back