Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't finish Sons. After 4 seasons I had to tap out, just didn't feel for the show anymore like some of you have mentioned. That show became too much of a mess for me to keep going. I did the same with Dexter and still have no motivation to go back and finish.
Funny you say that. I almost made a Dexter-SoA comparison yesterday. SoA and Dexter both got more and more ridiculous as they went on. But you either stick with it or you don't. I guess I can't really blame anyone for jumping ship. I LOATHED the ending to Dexter and both shows were a shell of their former selves by the time they ended. But overall I really enjoyed the ride(/s) so I'm not complaining too much.

Watched the 1st season of Bates Motel, loved it. Waiting for season 2 on Netflix now. Wanting to check out Peaky Blinders, anyone else seen it?
Bates is excellent Although like you I've only seen the 1st season. Not seen Peaky Blinders but have heard tons of great things.

Gotham last night was alright. I would quit on the show but my comic book geek won't let me. Show is everywhere with too many sub plots in each episode. Interested in Agent Carter tonight.
I've been a big proponent for Gotham but it definitely has some issues and they're becoming more apparent as the show goes on. What worries me is it doesn't seem to be improving enough. It isn't any noticeably better today than it was the first couple episodes.

Show runners and writers jumped ship on Dexter after the Trinity seasons and it was clear they were not replaced with the right folks.
I wish I could unwatch the last two seasons.

Funny you say that. I almost made a Dexter-SoA comparison yesterday. SoA and Dexter both got more and more ridiculous as they went on. But you either stick with it or you don't. I guess I can't really blame anyone for jumping ship. I LOATHED the ending to Dexter and both shows were a shell of their former selves by the time they ended. But overall I really enjoyed the ride(/s) so I'm not complaining too much.

I've been a big proponent for Gotham but it definitely has some issues and they're becoming more apparent as the show goes on. What worries me is it doesn't seem to be improving enough. It isn't any noticeably better today than it was the first couple episodes.

Yeah you pretty much nailed it. I heard Dexter got pretty bad near the end before I even started the show. So when it became more difficult to finish episodes I just decided to stop. Sons kinda snuck up on me. The first few seasons were great and then it just went downhill imo. I was watching it during the same time as a few of my friends. They were shocked I dropped it but a few days later they did the same.

I actually think Gotham will come back stronger in the 2nd season. They're trying to do so much right now you almost forget it's still their 1st season. Similar to Agents of Shield, they'll regroup and get everything turned around.

Finished Fargo. It was awesome.

I thought it lost a bit of steam when it flashed forward a year, but it quickly picked back up. I figured half way through the season that this was a standalone story just like True Detective, and that's how I heard they're approaching it. I can't decide if I want to just be surprised by the new cast for season 2 or if I should just go ahead and look... I'm not all that confident in True Detective this season. Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell? Eh it obviously won't come close to the first season, but I'll still watch.

yes the Fargo TV show was great.

when the 2 killers kidnapped the wrong guy and still offed him... one guy angering the hole in the ice while the other one was slapping the guy to 'calm him down' then they chucked his tied up arse headfirst into the ice hole!!!!

I was cryin with laughter

cruds you hit the nail on the head with SoA. it is like they hired a buch of writers from daytime soap operas. thse
e show relies too heavily on drama created by characters keeping secrets from each other.

season 2: the villian makes little sense. he is like a cartoon villian who is evil for the sake of being evil. his reasons for doing what he does and going to the extent he does are really weak.

cruds you hit the nail on the head with SoA. it is like they hired a buch of writers from daytime soap operas. thse
e show relies too heavily on drama created by characters keeping secrets from each other.

season 2: the villian makes little sense. he is like a cartoon villian who is evil for the sake of being evil. his reasons for doing what he does and going to the extent he does are really weak.

I stopped watching SoA after whats his face had his baby stolen. Too much for me.

continued

season 3: most of this season makes little sense. the kidnapping was weak as was the reasoning they would not give the kid back. the ira stuff never made sense. the ira or rira is a terrorist group, they buy guns not sell them. it is almost like they tried to distract the saving grace of this season is the new head cop. like him and like the actor who plays him.
from the fact nothing made sense by setting it all n ireland: "hey look we all went to ireland which is such a hip cool place."

season 4: clay and gemma go from cool charters to morons in this season. i thinki think they had to make clay a complete moron to build up jax who was always a weak character. and i love the fact there are bikers that have a moral objection to running drugs and do not like the heat drugs bring. but at thevsame time running guns is perfectly acceptable.

oh i will finish it too. it is alright just not the show i was lead to believe it was. i was expecting something close to the level of the wire or breaking bad.

instead it is on the level of priaon break. both are unrealistic with a pretty boy main character that is obsessive and rages way too much.

though at least prison break had an idea of what it was and where it wanted to go. and the plot was much better. did not have to rely on the soap opera crutch of characters keeping secrets.

Remind me again, who was the villain in season 2? It all pretty much runs together for me at this point.

I stopped watching SoA after whats his face had his baby stolen. Too much for me.

that was exactly when i stopped watching it

that and the fact there was a seemingly never ending supply of convenient "outs" for the gang just made it unwatchable.. "hey we need ten thousand guns in one hour" -> "good news guys, there was a cargo ship full of M16's that just washed ashore in the middle of the desert"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back