Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
KC had the 27th pick in the draft the year they drafted Mahomes. Of course they traded up to get him but it’s definitely possible to find the guy at the spot we are in.
If there’s one in the draft to move up for. This year I don’t think there is.

I am hoping we trade down, and either have a later first and acquire a 2nd round pick, or trade out of first and have 2 2nd rounders. If a qb slides then maybe we take one but i doubt it

I am hoping we trade down, and either have a later first and acquire a 2nd round pick, or trade out of first and have 2 2nd rounders. If a qb slides then maybe we take one but i doubt it
Hmmmm.
Not sure there’s a lot of wiggle room for later in the first while collecting a 2nd.

Mahomes wasn’t a highly touted QB prospect. He was very much a boom or bust pick according to the guru’s.
All QBs are boom or bust. Every single one is a crap shoot. However, there are certain tendencies or traits that should warn you off. This years group is pretty flawed.

Ya its never an automatic thing, im just saying its possible and it'd be the perfect situation for us
I’m just thinking titans are already picking 26. Moving back in the first round is extremely limited trading partners and only a couple spots which is unlikely to fetch a 2nd round pick outside giving up a first.

Mahomes wasn’t a highly touted QB prospect. He was very much a boom or bust pick according to the guru’s.

He had all the physical traits though. Rocket arm, very athletic, good size. Very accurate in college. I feel like the only QB in this draft that has similar traits in Malik Willis. Carson Strong has the arm, but he is not very athletic and has knee issues already. Fairly risky pick in the 1st round, especially given his level of competition in college.

Teams typically move up into the 1st round from the 2nd round to take QBs. But this year is a bit unique in that the Dolphins and Lions both have late 1st round picks and while they don't have immediate needs at QB, they may be tempted to take one if the guy they like falls far enough.

Don't see us getting a 1 and 2, but netting the Lions 31/32 pick to go along with pick 66/65 would be pretty sweet.

He had all the physical traits though. Rocket arm, very athletic, good size. Very accurate in college. I feel like the only QB in this draft that has similar traits in Malik Willis. Carson Strong has the arm, but he is not very athletic and has knee issues already. Fairly risky pick in the 1st round, especially given his level of competition in college.
Fairly risky you say? Now I’m convinced if JRob takes a QB, that’s likely the one.

All QBs are boom or bust. Every single one is a crap shoot. However, there are certain tendencies or traits that should warn you off. This years group is pretty flawed.

Again, Mahomes had lots of flaws according to the guru’s. So did Josh Allen.

Go watch some Carson Strong games. I think he’s got a chance to be special.

Sure he had all the traits. But he wasn’t even a consensus first round pick. He was designated a “project”.

Willis has good traits but he’s small and his footwork is pretty bad. Lead to a lot of inconsistent throws/accuracy.

Haven’t made it through all the guys yet but Strong is the guy who stands out to me the most.

All of this is totally irrelevant because I just don’t see JRob trading up for a QB, unfortunately.

Fairly risky you say? Now I’m convinced if JRob takes a QB, that’s likely the one.

As he should. Great arm strength and footwork. Tremendous touch on all his throws, and throws a great deep ball too. Oh and best of all he can do what our QB cannot - look off safeties with his eyes.

Sure he had all the traits. But he wasn’t even a consensus first round pick. He was designated a “project”.

Willis has good traits but he’s small and his footwork is pretty bad. Lead to a lot of inconsistent throws/accuracy.

Haven’t made it through all the guys yet but Strong is the guy who stands out to me the most.

All of this is totally irrelevant because I just don’t see JRob trading up for a QB, unfortunately.

Probably right. We already used our 2nd round this year on Julio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back