Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would take a lot to move me from PlayStation after my RRoD fiasco.
Fair, although even with the RRoD nonsense the 360 was still the superior console (by far) to PS3. If I had to go back and suffer through again I would. I think I went thru 3 of those damn things though, maybe 4.

Fair, although even with the RRoD nonsense the 360 was still the superior console (by far) to PS3. If I had to go back and suffer through again I would. I think I went thru 3 of those damn things though, maybe 4.
I went through three and was done after that.

my ps3 lasted years, imo that era was the closest as between the two consoles.

imo that era was the closest as between the two consoles.
disagree wholeheartedly, the ps3 didnt put enough (read: any) resources into their online interaction/play while microsoft went all-in on the 360. PS3 online was "free" but thats because it wasn't worth paying for

if you only played single player games i guess i could see your angle though

disagree wholeheartedly, the ps3 didnt put enough (read: any) resources into their online interaction/play while microsoft went all-in on the 360. PS3 online was "free" but thats because it wasn't worth paying for

if you only played single player games i guess i could see your angle though
Personally, I never saw the difference between PS3 online vs 360. Unless 360 just did something after I had switched.

Xbox game reveal today was solid. New Halo, new forza, state of decay 3, new obsidian RPG (that looks like advanced skyrim), 2 big DLCs for outer worlds, all destiny 2 expansions plus one in november, new stalker (chernobyl) game for console/pc, new fable, like 20+ exclusives that i didnt mention and we didnt get tons of detail on.

Everything mentioned is included in GamePass, exclusive, and they didn't even announce like 10 of their studios new things, to be revealed later this year. (outer worlds and destiny are not exclusive but gamepass gets the expansions 4 free)

I am disappointed they didnt reveal pricing for the console though... I can't believe sony and MS are holding out this long.

Xbox game reveal today was solid. New Halo, new forza, state of decay 3, new obsidian RPG (that looks like advanced skyrim), 2 big DLCs for outer worlds, all destiny 2 expansions plus one in november, new stalker (chernobyl) game for console/pc, new fable, like 20+ exclusives that i didnt mention and we didnt get tons of detail on.

Everything mentioned is included in GamePass, exclusive, and they didn't even announce like 10 of their studios new things, to be revealed later this year. (outer worlds and destiny are not exclusive but gamepass gets the expansions 4 free)

I am disappointed they didnt reveal pricing for the console though... I can't believe sony and MS are holding out this long.

thought I seen the new digital only Xbox is going to be like $200 but that seems way off

allegedly digital will be 200 and the real one will be 400... all rumors though
Im interested to see how this turns out. The rumored specs are the equivalent to a $300 processor, $400-500 graphics card, $100+ hard drive, thats over $800 not including any other components. I understand they'll take a loss and plan to make it up on gamepass and other subscriptions, but to sell for less than half price of cost seems like a stretch.

Im interested to see how this turns out. The rumored specs are the equivalent to a $300 processor, $400-500 graphics card, $100+ hard drive, thats over $800 not including any other components. I understand they'll take a loss and plan to make it up on gamepass and other subscriptions, but to sell for less than half price of cost seems like a stretch.
Consoles lose money. They always have for most of their lifecycle. The games and subscription services make up for it.

$60 for disc that costs $1 to press. Whew laddy.

There's rumors that Xbox is going to make Xbox live free, gamepass will still be a thing. I guess you can't buy a 12 month script for live anymore. We will find out later this year, they have another show planned.

Consoles lose money. They always have for most of their lifecycle. The games and subscription services make up for it.

$60 for disc that costs $1 to press. Whew laddy.
That is pretty common... don't make money off selling the TV, make it off selling all the accessories for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back