Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alex1939

Finally picked up Stellaris.

After playing for 6-7 hours, I finally have the basics down.

Time consuming game but fun.

I was just going to post in this thread.

They just released the 1.3 patch yesterday which added a lot of great content, plus a "Leviathans" story pack for $9.99 which adds some major story content (two fallen empires going to war and dragging everyone into it, plus other stuff).

Played a 25 player online game from 10AM to 3pm yesterday. Was really a lot of fun.

^That is just a random video to show the coolness to people who have no idea what we talking about.

Also Civ6 released today. As a long time Civ fan from the original, so far so good. I did not really enjoy Civ5 much. So far so good with Civ6 but I hope the AI handles combat better on higher difficulty and I will be trying MP tonight, which is huge for longevity of the game (to me).

At any rate, with Civ6 and Stellaris, what a great time to be a strategy gamer!

My annual 3 (Madden 17, NHL 17, FIFA 17) and Mafia 3.

It's funny, I only buy 3 games per year and they all come out within a month of each other. I'm an old school Mafia fan from Mafia 1 on PC, so I instantly got hooked on that again.
In my top 10 of all time for Mafia OG

A man of your age cannot truly believe that lol

I've played a lot of Stellaris, and while it certainly has faults, including the big "stack of doom" criticism, I've really enjoyed it and had some very memorable online and single player experiences. I'll say this, it's my most memorable grand strategy space game to date, although I never did play Everspace.

Civ4BTS is my favorite turn based 4x game of all time. I did really enjoy Age of Wonders Shadow Magic (and AoW3 is pretty good) and of course can name more both realistic and fantasy genre. So far I like what they've done with Techs, Governments, and Diplomacy in Civ6 and already unit upgrade and combat seems better than Civ5. It does still feel too boardgamey and I do wonder if the AI can play smart on higher levels (or later game, I mean crap I'm on game1 and just hit 10AD). But that was my main problem with Civ5, it was too easy to lure the AI into obvious traps and use range... Yeah Civ4 was all Stack of Doom, but hey if you couldn't stop the AI stack of doom it didn't much matter how dumb the AI played it. Also like builders and trade so far.

Couldn't resist, have a day off of work tomorrow so I bought Civ6 today. liking it so far. not a HUGE difference from 5 but I do like some of the changes

Skyrim came out. Having a hard time playing it because stellaris is so damn fun.

Luckily one aspect of the game really annoys me so Ill be back and forth for a month.

Final Fantasy 15. One month away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back