Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to explain why "story" is the one that ruins it. Why can things such as atmosphere and game play be enjoyed without a complimentary story?

Does it even need an explanation? If you know what happens then there is no conflict, there is no tenseness, there is no question marks. You know what happens so you don't worry that your favourite character might die, or turn to evil or whatever.

Gameplay is repetitive in every game. You do the same thing. It's not even an argument.

Atmosphere I will grant you. To a degree. However atmosphere will only engage a person for so long before they need something else.

Feel free to report the content I post.
38895784.jpg

I will gladly report spoilers, its fucked up and I don't even have any intent to play the game.

reported it, don't even give a shit.

No idea, if it will get removed, but it damn well should be.

Does it even need an explanation? If you know what happens then there is no conflict, there is no tenseness, there is no question marks. You know what happens so you don't worry that your favourite character might die, or turn to evil or whatever.

Gameplay is repetitive in every game. You do the same thing. It's not even an argument.

Atmosphere I will grant you. To a degree. However atmosphere will only engage a person for so long before they need something else.
Yes because when you are told "spoilers" you are given a general overview not the whole. Lord of the Rings trilogy is a great example. I can throw out tons of spoilers. Boromir dies, Gandalf saves the day with Eagles, the ring gets destroyed, etc. You cannot tell me knowing those things would ruin your captivation with that story as a whole.

Why have people put 100's of hours into a game such as Metal Gear Solid V. It has nearly zero focus and a well known spoiler. They return for the fluid and fun gameplay.

I will gladly report spoilers, its ****ed up and I don't even have any intent to play the game.

reported it, don't even give a ****.

No idea, if it will get removed, but it damn well should be.
Yes a publicized story should be reported which is based on a rumor should be a reportable offence yet hostile insults should be par for the course.

I have no idea what is going to happen to it, I am going to let the mods decide though.

You are defeating the purpose of the sub forum by posting spoilers, same principle applies to the books/movies sub forum. You are fucking shit up for a whole bunch of people, not just one guy.

That is some petty bull shit.

Lol.

Hostile insults? A good natured ribbing that you can't hack is now hostile insults.
All I'm doing is a little bit of good natured story telling and people seem they can't take.

From this post looks like the poster is at no fault of how the readers perceive things.

Yes because when you are told "spoilers" you are given a general overview not the whole. Lord of the Rings trilogy is a great example. I can throw out tons of spoilers. Boromir dies, Gandalf saves the day with Eagles, the ring gets destroyed, etc. You cannot tell me knowing those things would ruin your captivation with that story as a whole.

Of course it does.

You go into the start of the movie and see Boromir at Rivendell and you know he will die soon so there is no need to get invested in his character. Yet there is a point in getting invested in his character because he realises he messed up and you feel for his minor redemption.

Plot twist for Force Awakens was ruined for me so I didn't feel the intended effect of what happened when it happened.

Of course it does.

You go into the start of the movie and see Boromir at Rivendell and you know he will die soon so there is no need to get invested in his character. Yet there is a point in getting invested in his character because he realises he messed up and you feel for his minor redemption.

Plot twist for Force Awakens was ruined for me so I didn't feel the intended effect of what happened when it happened.
But you have no idea if he dies at the hands of frodo, Aragon or the orcs.

Spoiler culture is new. Many old works of fiction spoil themselves such as Death Of A Salesman, one of the most preformed and harolded plays. Biographies were spoilt before they were written yet one of the most purchased works.

Resident Evil 4 was the peak for me on those. It is the only reason I bought a Game Cube.

RE 5 was still really good and I like the Co-op aspect though I was disappointed it was not as long as RE4. Also disappointed they got rid of the "Stranger" guy.

Everything after RE 5 :disappointed:
RE4 is awesome. Never played the gc version, but I bought the remaster for xb1. Really fun game, one of the best RE's I have played(Code Veronica #1). That controller layout is funky though, takes some getting used to.

To be honest I would be really bummed out if people told me that before I had seen the movies. Would it ruin the experience? Nah. But it would most certainly detract my level of enjoyment watching them, without question.

I like you Buk, but spoilers are fked up. We're all friends and gamers here, we share and enjoy the same hobby. Let's be nice to each other, or atleast sociable enough to not attempt to ruin someone elses experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I'm doing is a little bit of good natured story telling and people seem they can't take.

From this post looks like the poster is at no fault of how the readers perceive things.
Lol.

I make fun of @JCBRAVE for getting beat up by his wife. He calls me Cry because I bitch constantly.

I make fun of @VondyP for being short. He makes fun of my avatars and my hate of everything the Titans do.

@5tweezyPOT is a fat Mexican. He calls me Feminist Fry.

@Scarecrow likes demon women and men's butts. No one cares.

@The Hammer likes Thai ladyboys.

Most of my interaction with @Mitch86 is "shut up, Mitch." He gives it right back to me.

@Ensconatus has one functional eye and we make pirate jokes.

I make fun of @titanthakur for being Indian. He says I have an account on Grindr.

@Deuce Wayne. Jesus, the amount of gay jokes we make about him. He just gives it right back.

You are literally the only regular on this board that can't deal with a goofy nickname and being made fun of.

309.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back