Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we assume Fulton is playing? At the this point, I would rather have kept Corey Davis 5th year option over Jackson. At least Davis plays

Great idea... let’s get rid of every player that gets hurt. Just cut them. If you get hurt you get cut. Don’t get hurt in the NFL. Don’t do it.

Why? If he can eventually come back and play let’s say the last 4 games or 3 games and then in the playoffs it’s not a whiff. Not even remotely. It’s smart. If you IR him and end his season when there was a chance he could come back that’s a whiff. Who is out there you would replace him with? I’m sure there are a lot of 25 year old veteran CBs just sitting around waiting on a call.

What? This post makes no sense. You keep him on IR until you know for a fact he can return. He can be activated at any time from IR. Titans chose to do it early in hopes he would fix their problems. Rushed him back and now look.

As for who to replace him? We sure do need some LB depth right now. 6 Titans out for the game on Sunday. We could use that spot to help fill in for other injuries.

Last thing I heard was something to do with the knee, MCL strain or something, which might allow Adoree to run in a straight line but be unable to make cuts.

They tried to ramp up his work and the knee didn't respond well so he's shut down. @Riverman might be able to shed some light on this kind of injury but my understanding is that they are slow to heal.

Maybe we get him back for a playoff run.

MCL strains as with any ligament, is slow to heal due to fewer blood vessels in the tissue. How long depends on the degree of the injury. If he's running on it, trying to get up to speed, he probably could play with little decrease in performance but would require pain management and post game inflammation management. Playing on a strain (micro-tears) does put a player at increased risk for a larger tear that at this stage would likely be season ending.

So it sounds like they will activate him towards a critical game and/or playoff run and manage the inflammation and pain of the strain as needed at that time. Plus keeping him shut down, allows the strain more time to get closer back to normal.

Dont you guys realize that offense in this league game plan entirely around Adoree. I mean, if the greatest cb in 10 generations is on the field you have to plan for it.... That is why Vrabel has to do this. A team spends all week planning on how to avoid Adoree and miss out on the practices.

MCL strains as with any ligament, is slow to heal due to fewer blood vessels in the tissue. How long depends on the degree of the injury. If he's running on it, trying to get up to speed, he probably could play with little decrease in performance but would require pain management and post game inflammation management. Playing on a strain (micro-tears) does put a player at increased risk for a larger tear that at this stage would likely be season ending.

So it sounds like they will activate him towards a critical game and/or playoff run and manage the inflammation and pain of the strain as needed at that time. Plus keeping him shut down, allows the strain more time to get closer back to normal.
But Adoree has been out for close to 3 months now, that’s very long for an MCL sprain. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a sprain taking longer than 2 months to get back to action, at least at a limited workload.
On the other hand I can’t think of another injury which would take this long and wouldn’t have been handled by surgery..

What? This post makes no sense. You keep him on IR until you know for a fact he can return. He can be activated at any time from IR. Titans chose to do it early in hopes he would fix their problems. Rushed him back and now look.

As for who to replace him? We sure do need some LB depth right now. 6 Titans out for the game on Sunday. We could use that spot to help fill in for other injuries.

Someone doesn’t know how IR protocol works in the NFL. It might behoove you to do some quick research before you call someone else out in order to not sound like an idiot.

957099-A0-DB34-48-B7-AA28-F840842054-E9.jpg

This isnt right at all.

Fantastic insight. You say something is incorrect but provide no context.

Please explain to me what’s incorrect here. A player goes on IR it’s a 3 week minimum on IR after that 3 weeks the team can designate them for return at any point they deem necessary. Once they are designated for return they have 21 days to be activated or they are moved to season ending IR.

Someone doesn’t know how IR protocol works in the NFL. It might behoove you to do some quick research before you call someone else out in order to not sound like an idiot.

See post above. I love how y’all comment and say I’m wrong without proving any details as to what is “wrong” lol

He’s just making himself more affordable for us.

But seriously. What a whiff on activating this guy if he wasn’t going to play in that 3 week timeframe.
It wasn't a whiff. If they didn't activate him he would have had to go on season ending IR. This way we at least have the option of him getting on the field.

No you're wrong. They were out of time, either they designated him to return, or he was transferred to season ending IR.
He was designated to return too early. They could've left him on ir for however long they wanted to. What it looks like to me is he had some sort of setback after being brought back. It was too late at that point to leave him on ir. He will play eventually.

He was designated to return too early. They could've left him on ir for however long they wanted to. What it looks like to me is he had some sort of setback after being brought back. It was too late at that point to leave him on ir. He will play eventually.
No, if they left him on the IR he would have been transferred to the season ending IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back