Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
If McCarthy does not get drafted before 7 and Alt and Nabors are off the board and nobody wants to trade up to 7.

You are on the clock... who do you take???

If Nabers AND Alt are both off the board I’m taking Dallas Turner. I think we need playmakers who can come in and make an impact immediately. I’m not taking OL at 7 if Alt is gone.

Fashanu. We need a LT and I think he’ll be a better pro than Alt anyway.

Wait. I’m just assuming MHJ is gone too. If not, this is a stupid thread.

Tough scenario with Alt & Nabers off the board. I like Rome Odunze, but I don't think his ceiling is high enough to take him over a tackle.

I’m going JC Latham. He should be a really good pro with his size and skill set. Fashanu is my next option but his small hands are too big of a red flag at 7.

Tough scenario with Alt & Nabers off the board. I like Rome Odunze, but I don't think his ceiling is high enough to take him over a tackle.

I’m going JC Latham. He should be a really good pro with his size and skill set. Fashanu is my next option but his small hands are too big of a red flag at 7.

Small hands... short arms. We have to take him then. We can be the island of misfit toys.

I'm going Fashanu as well. Every year it seems they mock too many QBs in the top 5 or 10 picks. I don't see 4 QBs going in the top 5 and if that's the case I don't know that Alt makes it to 7.

I think the draft goes 3 QBs 3 WRs in the top 6. Arizona and NY are already heavily invested in OT and need WRs. The Chargers could take Alt but he doesn't really fit the Harbaugh scheme. I think a mauler like Lathem is more likely if they go OL

If Alt isn't there then it would go:
Odunze, Trade down, Fashanu

If McCarthy does not get drafted before 7 and Alt and Nabors are off the board and nobody wants to trade up to 7.

You are on the clock... who do you take???

So in this scenario, the top 6 picks are some combination of Williams, Maye, Daniels, MHII, Alt, and Nabors?

If this is the case I probably pass on WR in the first. I don't hate Odunze as a prospect, but I just don't think he's a top 10 overall talent. Again, he reminds me too much of Corey Davis.

Personally, I am still high on Fashanu. I think he's as naturally gifted of an OT as anyone in this draft. He isn't as polished as Alt, obviously, but few are. He does have elite potential though. But I would however, be disappointed with any other OT prospect at No. 7. It's a deep class here and Alt and Fashanu are the only elite prospects with extensive LT experience. I would rather go Kingsley Sumaitaia with our 2nd pick than reach for for someone like Latham at 7.

Also, I know I have routinely said that you don't take a TE in the top 10 if you are a rebuilding team. But with no one else willing to trade down and other prospects being a bit of a reach at 7, I would be ok with taking an elite overall talent in Bowers. He should at the very least be able to put up 600-800 yards annually, but obviously the upside is that he is Gronk 2.0.

;Lastly, there aren't any defensive players I like well enough to take at 7. I view all the top edge rushers basically the same way, and I think they all are mid 1st round picks at best. We just spent over 100 million on 2 CBs, so CB in round 1 seems like extreme overkill. DT class is pretty meh.

I think the draft goes 3 QBs 3 WRs in the top 6. Arizona and NY are already heavily invested in OT and need WRs. The Chargers could take Alt but he doesn't really fit the Harbaugh scheme. I think a mauler like Lathem is more likely if they go OL

goat tankers said NOBODY worth drafting would be there cause Titans beat the fish & the tarpkitties

Think Odunze is worth a 7? Honest question. If that scenario happens maybe a trade, but leaving a T there would be difficult decision. I personally would like to see the line addressed, but also understand going receiver there if they are high on it. Good possibility one or the other will be there or both.

Think Odunze is worth a 7? Honest question. If that scenario happens maybe a trade, but leaving a T there would be difficult decision. I personally would like to see the line addressed, but also understand going receiver there if they are high on it. Good possibility one or the other will be there or both.

It's hard to tell. He seems like a great prospect and good character. But 1st round WRs are hardly sure things and he seems like the one least likely to pan out.

This is tough. I’m torn between Latham, Bowers and Odunze. I think ultimately I’d go with the elite playmaker in Bowers, then try to move up from 38 to take an OT if one of the top guys falls a bit.
Bowers played over 50% of snaps in the slot or out wide so he’s not just a TE in the traditional sense. I think he’s more elite than Rome personally.

goat tankers said NOBODY worth drafting would be there cause Titans beat the fish & the tarpkitties

I'm glad that win did so much for this franchise. Can you imagine how terrible of shape this franchise would be in had we lost to the tarpkitties? We might as well have folded up shop and let AAS sell the team to Portland or Salt Lake City

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad that win did so much for this franchise. Can you imagine how terrible of shape this franchise would be had we lost to the tarpkitties? We might as well have folded up shop and let AAS sell the team to Portland or Salt Lake City
And, we would be picking one spot higher and having, basically, the same conversations.

Latest posts

Back