Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

I started this thread, but didn't say who I would take.

My big board not including QBs

Marvin Harrison
Malik Nabers
Joe Alt
Brock Bowers
Rome Odunze
Dallas Turner
Ola Fashanu
Laiatu Latu
Terrion Arnold

So if I'm sticking with my board then I take Brock Bowers. I have argued that you shouldn't take a TE this high because TEs aren't premium positions. But I'm starting to agree with Carp about the fact that Bowers really would play more as a big slot guy and will be a matchup problem for defenses. The more matchup problems you force the defense to deal with the better. His YAC ability is exceptional and YAC leads to big plays.

So going against everything I've argued all off season about taking Bowers at #7 I'm sticking to my Big Board and taking him.

My prefernce if MHJ, Nabers, and Alt are gone would be to trade down, but if the Titans can't find a trade partner then take Bowers.

It has to be Alt at 7
Hopkins, Ridley, Burks, NWI, Chug, Spears and Pollard are enough mouths to feed, adding another WR doesn't make sense. It's a make or break year for Burks...if he doesn't step up go WR next year to replace him and Hopkins maybe.
Levis won't be any good this year on his arse. OL needs fixed.

I will say that the 2025 WR class is still pretty good, even if it doesn't have the depth that this year's does. Burden and McMillan are arguably on par with Odunze, imo, in terms of top tier WR prospects. And honestly, I would take Burden over Odunze if he were eligible right now. Then you have Egbuka who had several 1st round grades for the 2024 draft. And a few other interesting prospects after that. Should be able to find a replacement for Burks rather easily next year, should we need to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say that the 2025 WR class is still pretty good, even if it doesn't have the depth that this year's does. Burden and McMillan are arguably on par with Odunze, imo, in terms of top tier WR prospects. And honestly, I would take Burden over Odunze if he were eligible right now. Then you have Egbuka who had several 1st round grades for the 2024 draft. And a few other interesting prospects after that. Should be able to find a replacement for Burks rather easily next year, should we need to.
We could find one TD with an UFA...

Joe Alt if MHJ isn't there.

If Joe Alt isn't there, trade back.

Very sensible. I do think Bowers is worth a top ten pick but we have to address needs at multiple core positions and the extra pick is more valuable for our long term success than the luxury of picking Brock Bowers. Truthfully, the Jets are in the same position but they have market demands that put Bowers as the likely pick.

I like Fashanu at 10-12 much better than Alt at 7. Moving back around 5 spots should get us a 3rd this year and a future 2nd or 3rd. If you make that move, you're suddenly whole after the move up for Levis last year, and the Sneed trade.

Fashanu is better in pass pro than Alt anyway, so if we're looking to protect Levis, this makes the most sense.

If Alt is there, then what? Say TE, and WR there too… It’s actually a nice place to be for us. Our needs are pretty well covered with talent for the most part. I think you go weapon, and i go conservative boring shield. Cool with either. I really don’t want a trade regardless.
i'm pretty torn on alt or odunze. they are about dead even for me, though i lean odunze because of the playmaker factor. i think some people are sleeping on odunze's skill set, he is much much more polished than some casuals might realize.

Trade back is not an option in the scenario listed.... MHJ, Alt, and Nabors are gone and you can't find a trade back partner.... who you picking???
In that scenario, even though I'm team WR, I take Fashanu.

I LOVE Odunze, but he doesn't seem to be the type of WR that Cally and Co. are looking for.

Would be a slight reach for Fashanu based on a lot of ratings, but I would turn the card in and sleep well at night.

A WR would be a waste at 7 imo.....not enough targets to justify it. The OL is still an issue, if Alt isn't there trade back and pick Fashunu or best OL.

A WR would be a waste at 7 imo.....not enough targets to justify it. The OL is still an issue, if Alt isn't there trade back and pick Fashunu or best OL.

Bengals played with 3 WR formations 70% of the time last yr... I agree that if Alt and Nabors are gone I'd try to trade down... but if a trade down can't happen then I'm fine taking Bowers or Odunze... both can have immediate impact from the slot.

If I understand the Pollard signing/letting Henry walk, all handoffs have been removed from the playbook.
Levis will be on a pitch count. May see the backup at att #70 each game.

Latest posts

Back