Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

How many passes/attempts per game do you see?
Average per game for Bengals with Callahan as OC in Cinci:
2019 - 38.5
2020 - 36.3 (burrow rookie season)
2021 - 33.2
2022 - 37.8
2023 - 36.2

I don't think it's unfair to think we average 35ish a game. Also Hopkins is very likely gone after this season so there should be plenty of targets to go around.

For fun, guess where the Titans stand on average passes per game the last few years?

You guessed right, last!
2023 - 29.1 (last)
2022 - 26.8 (only 3rd last but Art Smith was 2nd last with 24.4 in Atlanta and the Bears were dead last with only 22.2)

2019 - 38.5
2021 - 33.2
2022 - 37.8
2023 - 36.2

I don't think it's unfair to think we average 35ish a game. Also Hopkins is very likely gone after this season so there should be plenty of targets to go around.

For fun, guess where the Titans stand on average passes per game the last few years?

You guessed right, last!
2023 - 29.1 (last)
2022 - 26.8 (only 3rd last but Art Smith was 2nd last with 24.4 in Atlanta and the Bears were dead last with only 22.2)
Wonder if they realized they had the best back and no OL.

[QU

How many passes/attempts per game do you see?
A lot of the answer will rely on in game situations, leads and such. Imagine pretty well balanced if we are having success. Think we see more air in beginning of down sets then we are used to. Warming up to the idea of having legit threats on routes with kickstand back there. A headache for sure. It’s why I ain’t gonna be mad if we go hands with our pick, even though my sense says protection.

2019 - 38.5
2021 - 33.2
2022 - 37.8
2023 - 36.2

You guessed right, last!
2023 - 29.1 (last)
Makes sense with the plodding control style of play we have ran forever. Hung around 60 or so plays. That will certainly change now. I like the plodding control style myself- it’s the cryptonite to the high octane teams imo. I know i am in the minority saying that, and regardless, the Tits are heading the other way. Already been entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burrow averaged 36+ attempts per game three of the last 4 years. In 2021, he averaged 32. I would expect Levis to average around 30-35 attempts per game.

We'll probably run it about 20-25 times per game, not counting the times Levis might run it. That's basically a 60-40 split passing and rushing.

I think odunze is the type of WR any coach and front office is looking for. he checks every box.
I agree and he is my WR2 ahead of Nabers. But I'm just saying, the Titans haven't shown much interest in him in the pre-draft process that I've seen. But they've met with Nabers every chance they could.

I agree and he is my WR2 ahead of Nabers. But I'm just saying, the Titans haven't shown much interest in him in the pre-draft process that I've seen. But they've met with Nabers every chance they could.
yeah i agree with that, bit surprising theyd be so interested in one but not the other.

also russini says the titans were "in love" with MHJ

yeah i agree with that, bit surprising theyd be so interested in one but not the other.

also russini says the titans were "in love" with MHJ
Love that they love him. There's a scenario, though highly unlikely, that he falls to us. I think it would be hilarious to see his Dad at Titans games wearing a Titans jersey.

MH Jr. is #1 on my wish list.

I got a weird feeling the titans trade up tomorrow for MHJ. Trade with Cardinals for swaping firsts and Titans 2nd rounder for Arizona's 3rd rounder.

Titans Give:
  • PICK 7
  • PICK 38
Titans Recieve:
  • Pick 4
  • Pick 66

It's only 40 pts off on the value chart tilted in Arizona's favor. Maybe throw in a 6th from Arizona to make it a little closer.

I got a weird feeling the titans trade up tomorrow for MHJ. Trade with Cardinals for swaping firsts and Titans 2nd rounder for Arizona's 3rd rounder.

Titans Give:
  • PICK 7
  • PICK 38
Titans Recieve:
  • Pick 4
  • Pick 66

It's only 40 pts off on the value chart tilted in Arizona's favor. Maybe throw in a 6th from Arizona to make it a little closer.

Heccccck no Arizona wouldn't do that trade.

There is a 0% chance of trading I to the top five this year w/o giving up 38 and a 2025 1st round pick.

Too many teams are looking to go up and get a QB.

1- Alt
Feels like the safe / boring pick to plug in play for a decade. More weapons are sweet for Levis but also don’t need him to end up like Stonehouse.

2- Nabers
Makes sense considering Hopkins could be out in a year, Burks could be a bust (make or break time) then 2025 it’s Ridley (30) and not much else

3- Bowers
Wants to be here. Line him up in all different ways. Use his speed in the slot. Also if passed on , tons of mocks have him going to the Colts (which won’t be fun)

4- Olu Fashanu
Probably only this pick if Alt is taken by LA and the Titans are locked in on tackle help only to start the draft (and or trade for a WR like Higgins).

Any other name called at 7 is going to sound like a wildcard to me at this point

All told - Nabers would get me the most hyped however … you can find and trade for WRs later on. You can’t do that with LT. Unless you’re the 49ers.

Last edited by a moderator:
1- Alt
Feels like the safe / boring pick to plug in play for a decade. More weapons are sweet for Levis but also don’t need him to end up like Stonehouse.

2- Nabers
Makes sense considering Hopkins could be out in a year, Burks could be a bust (make or break time) then 2025 it’s Ridley (30) and not much else

3- Bowers
Wants to be here. Line him up in all different ways. Use his speed in the slot. Also if passed on , tons of mocks have him going to the Colts (which won’t be fun)

4- Olu Fashanu
Probably only this pick if Alt is taken by LA and the Titans are locked in on tackle help only to start the draft (and or trade for a WR like Higgins).

Any other name called at 7 is going to sound like a wildcard to me at this point

All told - Nabers would get me the most hyped however … you can find and trade for WRs later on. You can’t do that with LT. Unless you’re the 49ers.
Nice post. I am on the boring train

Titans Give:
  • PICK 7
  • PICK 38
Titans Recieve:
  • Pick 4
  • Pick 66

I bet we throw Burks in that to sweeten the pot...

We honestly would give the Cardinals more bang for their buck....... we have a WR who has shown flashes that we can toss them to cover their want for a WR, AND picks.

Latest posts

Back