Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Now I’m just arguing semantics, but wouldn’t that SOS have gone up had we lost to the Jags?

Our actual SOS was .522. Had we lost to the Jags, it would have improved to .525, but still less than the Chargers at .529.

But now that I think about it, we did beat the Chargers, so theirs would have equally declined putting us tied. So you are probably right.

I'm glad that win did so much for this franchise. Can you imagine how terrible of shape this franchise would be in had we lost to the tarpkitties? We might as well have folded up shop and let AAS sell the team to Portland or Salt Lake City
true... denying tarpkittes PO spot totally saved the Titans franchise... well it made my sunday anyways which is the same thing

Think Odunze is worth a 7? Honest question. If that scenario happens maybe a trade, but leaving a T there would be difficult decision. I personally would like to see the line addressed, but also understand going receiver there if they are high on it. Good possibility one or the other will be there or both.

I do. I think he is closer in upside to MHJ and Nabers then whoever you have at WR4 (which is evidenced by the fact Noone know who that is woth any consensus). WR is still on of our biggest needs long term and Odunze is 4th BPA.

Former NFL GM Mark Dominik Has a "Dark Horse" Pick for the Titans at No. 7

How are we feeling about Bowers at 7? We act like WR is a bigger need than TE, but Hopkins/Ridley clear Chig/Whyle by a longshot.

TE has a lower position value and there have been busts at the position lately. But Bowers seems like he’ll have a Sam LaPorta type rookie season and give Levis a reliable weapon short yardage and middle of the field.
I think if Bowers had a “WR” by his name, he’d be more palatable as the pick. Something to think about; he played a large percentage of his snaps either lined up in the slot or spread out wide. He’s a matchup nightmare and can line up anywhere. He’d be an interesting pick.

Former NFL GM Mark Dominik Has a "Dark Horse" Pick for the Titans at No. 7

How are we feeling about Bowers at 7? We act like WR is a bigger need than TE, but Hopkins/Ridley clear Chig/Whyle by a longshot.

TE has a lower position value and there have been busts at the position lately. But Bowers seems like he’ll have a Sam LaPorta type rookie season and give Levis a reliable weapon short yardage and middle of the field.

Personally, I wouldn't pass up Alt, MHII, or Nabors for him.

As the draft inches closer I'm warming up to Bowers. Just remember watching him at UGA and he was just unstoppable. This is not some TE going against teams like Arizona and Arizona State but against SEC teams and completely dominated.

As the article stated, Bowers and a 2nd round LT is much more powerful than Alt and whoever in the second.

If the Chargers select Alt, take Bowers.

Ultimately I'd trade down in that scenario if it's possible and accumulate extra draft capital. If unable to trade back then I'd select Odunze, Fashanu or Turner.

Rumor is that Indy likes Bowers and wants to take him at #15. That would be disgusting. There's another rumor that they want to trade into the top 10 for one of the top 3 WRs. Another disgusting possibility.

I have a friend who's a Saints fan and they have the pick before the Clots. He wants Bowers so bad. Hopefully they would take him before The Clots can take him.

If McCarthy does not get drafted before 7 and Alt and Nabors are off the board and nobody wants to trade up to 7.

You are on the clock... who do you take???
if odunze is there, odunze. if he's not.... idk. i'd honestly prefer bowers over one of the other LT but i wouldnt balk at taking fashanu/fauga there.

picking latham there would be SUCH a reach... i would actually be upset about that.

Then when they do pan out, they'll want $35 mil per year.
we dont have to worry about that. we'll just trade him away and pretend it was a good idea until it totally blows up in our face and we rebuild again.

if we draft less talented players we dont have to pay them. i like your thinking. and so does amy.

Fashanu. We desperately need a LT that can protect the QB. The 2nd round guys in this scenario are just too risky IMHO.

No to Odunze at 7. There us just not enough to make him that much more valuable than some of the guys we could get later in the draft. Same to Bowers. Jared Wiley gets more impressive the more I watch.

Edge? Maybe, but seems too risky given our multiple failures at drafting tackles after the mid 1st over the past few years.

Rumor is that Indy likes Bowers and wants to take him at #15. That would be disgusting. There's another rumor that they want to trade into the top 10 for one of the top 3 WRs. Another disgusting possibility.

I have a friend who's a Saints fan and they have the pick before the Clots. He wants Bowers so bad. Hopefully they would take him before The Clots can take him.
View attachment 21740

if odunze is there, odunze. if he's not.... idk. i'd honestly prefer bowers over one of the other LT but i wouldnt balk at taking fashanu/fauga there.

picking latham there would be SUCH a reach... i would actually be upset about that.
If Alt is there, then what? Say TE, and WR there too… It’s actually a nice place to be for us. Our needs are pretty well covered with talent for the most part. I think you go weapon, and i go conservative boring shield. Cool with either. I really don’t want a trade regardless.

If Alt is there, then what? Say TE, and WR there too… It’s actually a nice place to be for us. Our needs are pretty well covered with talent for the most part. I think you go weapon, and i go conservative boring shield. Cool with either. I really don’t want a trade regardless.
unless the trade is clearly Titans fleecing someone I agree.

would be fine with a Monty Haul situation for 24.007 though

Latest posts

Back