Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I would describe us as a constant failure of an organization. We made the afc title game last year and have the 2nd best record in the league this year. Work to be done, but far from failure. Also, I would not get my hopes up for any kind of trade mid-season as it just does not seem to be a JR thing.
Even historically the titans aren’t a bad team. Get to the playoffs 3-4 times each decade and have a pretty good track record of winning at least 1 game in the post season, at least compared to other teams.

Unfortunately, I’m looking for them to do something they really haven’t done since 03’/04’, break the bank to make a legit SB run.
The next few years were rough, but had they accomplished what the money was spent for (and they got close), it would have been worth it.

For these trades other teams are making, can’t knock JRob. We don’t know the deals, how long players were “announced” as available, or any other offers presented.

I think this season is dead... looks a lot better than it is.

We beat the one win Vikings by a game winning field goal

We came from behind vs a one win Texans whose organization is in total shambles.

And the Bengals, we will be lucky to win by 1 touchdown vs them. Burrow will drop 400 on us no problem

We came from behind vs a one win Texans whose organization is in total shambles.

And the Bengals, we will be lucky to win by 1 touchdown vs them. Burrow will drop 400 on us no problem
Dead? At 5-1?

Ridiculous

Even historically the titans aren’t a bad team. Get to the playoffs 3-4 times each decade and have a pretty good track record of winning at least 1 game in the post season, at least compared to other teams.

Unfortunately, I’m looking for them to do something they really haven’t done since 03’/04’, break the bank to make a legit SB run.
The next few years were rough, but had they accomplished what the money was spent for (and they got close), it would have been worth it.

For these trades other teams are making, can’t knock JRob. We don’t know the deals, how long players were “announced” as available, or any other offers presented.

I dont think it's fair to look at the historical numbers... I dont remember one time the titans were actually a favorite in the playoffs. Maybe that one year that cj rushed for 2000 and we lost to Baltimore... historically the titans are a mediocre team that goes 9-7 limps into the playoffs with no probability of it ever turning into anything cuz our QBs are pure busts.

That has been our ceiling for 20 years... with 3 tops 10 shots at a franchise QB. I'd say that's a failure.

The only reason we are good now is cuz our busted QB was so bad that we threw in tannehill who was a bust for his first 7 years in the league and no one else wanted him, but he turned out to be elite

Team isn't even playing well (other than offense) and we got people saying team is dead when they've won all but one while playing badly....

lol

This forum...

I dont think it's fair to look at the historical numbers... I dont remember one time the titans were actually a favorite in the playoffs. Maybe that one year that cj rushed for 2000 and we lost to Baltimore... historically the titans are a mediocre team that goes 9-7 limps into the playoffs with no probability of it ever turning into anything cuz our QBs are pure busts.

That has been our ceiling for 20 years... with 3 tops 10 shots at a franchise QB. I'd say that's a failure.

The only reason we are good now is cuz our busted QB was so bad that we threw in tannehill who was a bust for his first 7 years in the league and no one else wanted him, but he turned out to be elite
We were favorites or at least very close to equal in all the playoff runs from 99’-03’. Definitely favorites in 09’.

Even then, who cares about probability? Last year Tennessee ran through the playoffs and were a half away from beating the eventual champs.

But, by all means, look up the titans playoff history (count Houston or not) and compare their postseason records to other teams. Titans do very well at making the most of their playoff appearances. Unfortunately, since becoming the Titans, the Patriots have done a pretty good job dominating, including 2 titans eliminations (both Div rounds)

Gee whiz. That’s some dramatic towel throwing for sure.

I dont see it that way.

We beat the jags by a field goal, they are 1-6
We beat the Vikings by 1 point, they are 1-6
We beat the Texans by OT luck, they are 1-6 and their coach went for 2 at the end of the game LOL
We beat the Broncos by 2, but I am ok excusing this as it is the first game with no pre season

We are 5-1 by beating the trash of the league in the most meager fasion

I dont see it that way.

We beat the Texans by OT luck, they are 1-6 and their coach went for 2 at the end of the game LOL
We beat the Broncos by 2, but I am ok excusing this as it is the first game with no pre season

I saw @520 make a point about this a couple weeks ago.
If all of those teams happen to go on a tear and win a bunch of games, does that change your opinion of the quality of wins?

I dont see it that way.

Everybody gotta “fan” their own way. Enjoy your journey, I will focus on the 5-1 side.

Yea the whole point I'm making isnt about enjoying the season... I'm happy to be 5-1... the point is that I believe its poor management to not sell out for some defensive help right now

Our only convincing win was when Josh Allen marched down the field for about 8 minutes and then threw the ball right to our guy... also a special teams fumble and a Bill's wr missed a catch that we intercepted. I'm happy to win but this is not any thing you can lean on in the post season

Yea the whole point I'm making isnt about enjoying the season... I'm happy to be 5-1... the point is that I believe its poor management to not sell out for some defensive help right now

Our only convincing win was when Josh Allen marched down the field for about 8 minutes and then threw the ball right to our guy... also a special teams fumble and a Bill's wr missed a catch that we intercepted. I'm happy to win but this is not any thing you can lean on in the post season
Not only downplay a 5-1 team, but summarize a 42-16 win like it was just luck of that 1 ST fumble and a missed catch that ended up intercepted.

It’s difficult to be a titans fan for sure, but it must be extra difficult for you.

Yea I dont believe the titans will do well in the playoffs. I've explained myself pretty well. I'm sorry that I have offended people to the point where they have to concern troll me.

Yea I dont believe the titans will do well in the playoffs. I've explained myself pretty well. I'm sorry that I have offended people to the point where they have to concern troll me.

Naw I agree with you in some aspects. The Titans essentially lost last year to KC because they couldnt sniff Mahomes on defense. They got rid of Casey - then proceeded to do zero in the draft to address the rush.

Then late in the game got Clowney who still sits at 0 sacks mid-way through the season - yet these other teams are scooping up these defensive rushers for essentially pennies on the dollar.

Everson should be a Titan right now - if it only cost a 6th.

We're sitting back on our hands , hoping our bend-but-dont-break defense holds up the entire year and deep into the playoffs.

Why are you a Titans fan?
Go be a Steelers, TB or GB fan or something
Then again your name and Avi says it all

How do we know we didnt offer our 6th too, but Dallas took the Lions offer knowing their 6th is likely to be 10+ spots higher than ours?
Then you send them a 5th. That's kinda my point, while a 5th isn't useless, it's not often going to yield much. Jayon Brown aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back