Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I missed that! Good heads up there. Man... I'd give up a 2nd for gilmore right now.
As it's been stated here multiple times, we have about a 3 year championship window here, and the defense is clearly keeping us from our full potential. IMO Gilmore is the piece that could put us over the top.

I agree 100%. The only part that I'm not sure about is how the restructure and signing bonus apply to guy being traded. Don't know if NE or TEN would be on the hook for that. It shows his total cap hit around $17M when you include those things.

I'd honestly give up a 1 & 2 for Gilmore if he was only $7m next season. That's a huge bargain for probably the best corner in football. If he is more expensive then that drives the price down for sure.

Peeps, do not get your hopes up. Mid-season trades are not a JR thing. We are rolling with what we have.

When have we been in a spot where a premium player was available that could help us get the #1 seed though? We've been a pretty middle of the road team all the times before at the deadline. And it's rare that this talented of player especially one with another year of control.

This is an entirely different situation than previous years IMO.

When have we been in a spot where a premium player was available that could help us get the #1 seed though? We've been a pretty middle of the road team all the times before at the deadline. And it's rare that this talented of player especially one with another year of control.

This is an entirely different situation than previous years IMO.
Hey, I’m not saying I don’t want to, I do. I’m saying JR has never done an in season trade and I doubt he will.

Everyone freaking out because we didn't get Griffen need to chill. Just in general, none of us have any idea as to whether we attempted a trade or not. People act like we are the only team on the planet and others only get what we pass up on. More specifically, I don't think he's the answer anyway. He's more of a 4-3 DE/ 3-4 OLB and what we really need is a 3-4 DE. Why give up a potential 5th (or 4th since Detroit is on the hook for a potential 5th) for a player we could of picked up for nothing all off-season and chose not to?

Dunlap would of been a better option, but again, we don't know if we made an offer or not. So don't assume we didn't. Trade talk and the emotions that follow are always hilarious with some people. This isn't Madden where you can just get whomever you want for almost nothing. There is negation and strategy for all other 31 teams.

As far as corners, I guess I'm ok with giving up a 2nd for Gilmore, but I'm weary of when Bill decides to get rid of players. Plus considering our record, it might take a first rounder. What people aren't considering, is how that will restrict us from being able to sign our own players next year. Yea, Davis is probably gone anyway and we can part with Butler, but how much will Brown, Jonnu require? JRob has shown he is willing to take care of his own and we've had two players reset the market already. There is also Clowney, DeQuan Jones, and possibly Firkser and Pruitt. Henry will want to restructure, justifiably so. Then we have Jackson and Landry up next. Not to mention Gilmore would want a new contract as part of the trade. So wishful thinking in the short-term yes, but I don't see it realistically.

On the other hand, there might be some middle ground options out there. I've heard Desmond King's name thrown out there. Is there anyone else?

Is Leonard Williams realistic?

Hey, I’m not saying I don’t want to, I do. I’m saying JR has never done an in season trade and I doubt he will.

Right but I’m saying we are in a much different spot at the deadline this year than we have been since he’s been here. Never been 5-1 and a super bowl contender at the trade deadline with JRob. He’s never had the need to go out and make a big move during the year.

Everyone freaking out because we didn't get Griffen need to chill. Just in general, none of us have any idea as to whether we attempted a trade or not. People act like we are the only team on the planet and others only get what we pass up on. More specifically, I don't think he's the answer anyway. He's more of a 4-3 DE/ 3-4 OLB and what we really need is a 3-4 DE. Why give up a potential 5th (or 4th since Detroit is on the hook for a potential 5th) for a player we could of picked up for nothing all off-season and chose not to?

Dunlap would of been a better option, but again, we don't know if we made an offer or not. So don't assume we didn't. Trade talk and the emotions that follow are always hilarious with some people. This isn't Madden where you can just get whomever you want for almost nothing. There is negation and strategy for all other 31 teams.

As far as corners, I guess I'm ok with giving up a 2nd for Gilmore, but I'm weary of when Bill decides to get rid of players. Plus considering our record, it might take a first rounder. What people aren't considering, is how that will restrict us from being able to sign our own players next year. Yea, Davis is probably gone anyway and we can part with Butler, but how much will Brown, Jonnu require? JRob has shown he is willing to take care of his own and we've had two players reset the market already. There is also Clowney, DeQuan Jones, and possibly Firkser and Pruitt. Henry will want to restructure, justifiably so. Then we have Jackson and Landry up next. Not to mention Gilmore would want a new contract as part of the trade. So wishful thinking in the short-term yes, but I don't see it realistically.

On the other hand, there might be some middle ground options out there. I've heard Desmond King's name thrown out there. Is there anyone else?

Is Leonard Williams realistic?
Why would Henry restructure the deal he just signed?

I agree 100%. The only part that I'm not sure about is how the restructure and signing bonus apply to guy being traded. Don't know if NE or TEN would be on the hook for that. It shows his total cap hit around $17M when you include those things.

I'd honestly give up a 1 & 2 for Gilmore if he was only $7m next season. That's a huge bargain for probably the best corner in football. If he is more expensive then that drives the price down for sure.
I read on another site that his cap hit this year would be 8.4 million and 7.5 million next year. Patriots would be on the hook for the rest.

Right but I’m saying we are in a much different spot at the deadline this year than we have been since he’s been here. Never been 5-1 and a super bowl contender at the trade deadline with JRob. He’s never had the need to go out and make a big move during the year.
I know exactly what you are saying. I just saying don’t get your hopes up. Everyone is going to be peeved when someone else gets him for a 3rd or 4th. Temper those expectations.

Thought Williams was a DT, thanks for the correction.

Crawford is depth, should not be a starter. I'm one of the few that thought dealing Casey was a bad move.

And no to the Williams sisters, they annoy me! Lol

DT and 3-4 DE are basically the same thing but it does make a difference what the scheme is and if the guy is capable of being a 3 tech or a 5. Might be nice to have a little better player than Crawford but we also run a bunch of 4 man fronts. My guess is Murchinson (who could play 3 or 5) is a long term answer and should get more snaps as the year progresses.

Trade for Gilmore. Put him and Adoree on the outside. Move Hooker into the slot. Tell Butler and Joseph to go play checkers or something.

NE restructured his deal. I don’t think that’s accurate anymore.

EDIT: Yep. His base salary is $7 million next year Stephon Gilmore

I'm not sure why NE would part ways with him since he isn't a great burden financially. However, if they do think he is playing poorly and want more ammo to find a long term answer at QB in the draft they might make a move. Adoree needs to get his arse back out there.

All the concerns I had about Clowney have come true. A for effort, looks great in his underwear, but just doesn't consistently get much done on the field. Not a bad player but nothing close to an elite pass rusher. He has also sucked holding the edge in the run game. All would be forgiven if he could make one of his splash plays when we need it most with the game on the line. Still waiting.

I almost reported this for ridiculousness. Play Fulton across from Butler until Adoree comes back. Can't be any worse than what we have seen so far. He needs the reps and it could really pay off later in the year. Maybe trade for a vet NB if it doesn't cost much.

Keep the picks to replenish next year so we can keep the train rolling. Giving up early picks on a vet isn't the answer. Use a 1st or 2nd on another CB in the draft. Keep Butler or Adoree, and hopefully Fulton will be ready to start on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back