Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost reported this for ridiculousness. Play Fulton across from Butler until Adoree comes back. Can't be any worse than what we have seen so far. He needs the reps and it could really pay off later in the year. Maybe trade for a vet NB if it doesn't cost much.

Keep the picks to replenish next year so we can keep the train rolling. Giving up early picks on a vet isn't the answer. Use a 1st or 2nd on another CB in the draft. Keep Butler or Adoree, and hopefully Fulton will be ready to start on the outside.
Fulton won’t be playing anywhere for a few weeks.

I'm not sure why NE would part ways with him since he isn't a great burden financially. However, if they do think he is playing poorly and want more ammo to find a long term answer at QB in the draft they might make a move. Adoree needs to get his arse back out there.

All the concerns I had about Clowney have come true. A for effort, looks great in his underwear, but just doesn't consistently get much done on the field. Not a bad player but nothing close to an elite pass rusher. He has also sucked holding the edge in the run game. All would be forgiven if he could make one of his splash plays when we need it most with the game on the line. Still waiting.

His cap is substantially higher with NE. His cap hit is $17 million next year for the Patriots. That’s why they’d want to move him.

I almost reported this for ridiculousness. Play Fulton across from Butler until Adoree comes back. Can't be any worse than what we have seen so far. He needs the reps and it could really pay off later in the year. Maybe trade for a vet NB if it doesn't cost much.

Keep the picks to replenish next year so we can keep the train rolling. Giving up early picks on a vet isn't the answer. Use a 1st or 2nd on another CB in the draft. Keep Butler or Adoree, and hopefully Fulton will be ready to start on the outside.

Well lucky you I did report your post for ridiculousness. Because Fulton is hurt and won’t be playing.

His cap is substantially higher with NE. His cap hit is $17 million next year for the Patriots. That’s why they’d want to move him.
Next year is gonna be odd with the reduced cap. We will probably see very high quality free agents, but only a couple of teams with the cap space to benefit.

Next year is gonna be odd with the reduced cap. We will probably see very high quality free agents, but only a couple of teams with the cap space to benefit.

Yep. True. Will be interesting to see how much it actually goes down. Might see a lot of restructuring of deals.

Yep. True. Will be interesting to see how much it actually goes down. Might see a lot of restructuring of deals.
Last I heard, back around the start of the season they were estimating it would drop to around $175M. Obviously what it really ends up dropping is up in the air. They are fairly certain it WILL drop.

Last I heard, back around the start of the season they were estimating it would drop to around $175M. Obviously what it really ends up dropping is up in the air. They are fairly certain it WILL drop.

It makes sense with no/limited fans. Will be an interesting offseason for sure!

Why would Henry restructure the deal he just signed?
Isn't Henry's deal just a fancy guaranteed 2 year deal? In my opinion the deal was essentially an extension to negotiate further. It's just slightly better than the Franchise Tag but really just a way for him to not play on a one year deal and get stuck doing it twice. It was a temporary win-win and Henry even said that the Pandemic and economic uncertainly was a factor in getting it done.

I'll be shocked if we let him/ want him to/ he's ok with playing past his guarantees. I could be wrong, but either this offseason or next, we would give him an extension if he keep it up.

I think leading the league in rushing, hitting 2k, or leading us to a ship this year (fingers crossed), creates the need to renegotiate.

Lol Tunsil is "off limits". Thanks for the warning Texans. No way in heck any team is willing to give up anything close to what they gave up or take on that insane contract. ...Well at least not unless someone hires O'brien.

If they are having a sale though, I would look into Bradley Roby, Whitney Mercilus, or even Will Fuller.

In reality though, I’d like us to trade for Brian Poole and Quinnen Williams. That would be sick.
Quinnen Williams is off the table. It's already been reported. That's a pipe dream. Brian Poole would be great if that's realistic.

Anyone up for a reunion with J Mac? He's old but still younger than Joseph. He's been really solid as a starter for NE the last two years. Seems like his body is holding up, unlike his last couple years here. Wouldn't cost much and a solid fill if Jackson misses more time.

Isn't Henry's deal just a fancy guaranteed 2 year deal? In my opinion the deal was essentially an extension to negotiate further. It's just slightly better than the Franchise Tag but really just a way for him to not play on a one year deal and get stuck doing it twice. It was a temporary win-win and Henry even said that the Pandemic and economic uncertainly was a factor in getting it done.

I'll be shocked if we let him/ want him to/ he's ok with playing past his guarantees. I could be wrong, but either this offseason or next, we would give him an extension if he keep it up.

I think leading the league in rushing, hitting 2k, or leading us to a ship this year (fingers crossed), creates the need to renegotiate.
Well, a bunch of his money was up front to be cap friendly. I am betting he rides his 4 years and then they let him go. For most RB, that’s a career. Averaging 12.5 mil is a top RB contract with 25 mil guaranteed. PLUS, his contract actually goes up each year which is atypical of a JR contract. I do not think this was meant to be a short term contract. Are other guys making more? Yes, but that will always be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back