Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
His cap is substantially higher with NE. His cap hit is $17 million next year for the Patriots. That’s why they’d want to move him.

They have a dead CAP number of $28 mil on him for 2020 and his base pay this year is $13 mil. So sure they would save what is left of this year and next year on his base pay and certainly they would consider a 1st or 2nd round pick if someone is dumb enough to do that.

They have a dead CAP number of $28 mil on him for 2020 and his base pay this year is $13 mil. So sure they would save what is left of this year and next year on his base pay and certainly they would consider a 1st or 2nd round pick if someone is dumb enough to do that.
I’m not sure someone would do that for a 30 year old corner. He is clearly good right now, but not a long term prospect at his age. We all seen performance crater shortly after 30.

Yeah and the season is halfway done after this weekend so his cap hit is actually $6.5 million to rest of the way. And again his base salary is $7 million next season.

He would be the cheapest starting DB on our roster next season.

I’m not sure someone would do that for a 30 year old corner. He is clearly good right now, but not a long term prospect at his age. We all seen performance crater shortly after 30.

Titans have a 3-4 year window. He helps us win 2 of those with a very cheap contract. This is the most no brainer move.

Unless NE’s asking price is higher than that but Ramsey went for two 1’s and a 4 so it can’t be much higher. Ramsey is younger obviously so that makes sense.

The only legit argument you could make is the cap going down next year increases the value of draft picks.

I just hope jrob at least made attempts to improve the d. He can’t possibly think this secondary doesn’t need an upgrade. Adoree will not fix all of our problems

Titans have a 3-4 year window. He helps us win 2 of those with a very cheap contract. This is the most no brainer move.

Unless NE’s asking price is higher than that but Ramsey went for two 1’s and a 4 so it can’t be much higher. Ramsey is younger obviously so that makes sense.

The only legit argument you could make is the cap going down next year increases the value of draft picks.
Not Just trade for him, I was responding to giving up two high picks for him. I don’t think he will command a 1st plus another pick at 30 years old. But I also don’t think JR will pull the trigger. The only trade he has ever made mid-season was dumping off Correa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back