Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that they are, but with not exercising the 5th year option we could lose him in FA.
Yeah, he’s an interesting case. Nobody thinks he’s worthy of the top 5 pick, but he has been relatively productive. He’s young with upside, so you have to imagine teams would take a shot at him, but for for how much etc? It will be interesting to see if the Titans try to get something for him if they believe he will walk or call his bluff and hope he re-signs at a reasonable price.

NE restructured his deal. I don’t think that’s accurate anymore.

EDIT: Yep. His base salary is $7 million next year Stephon Gilmore
Oh wow, I missed that! Good heads up there. Man... I'd give up a 2nd for gilmore right now.
As it's been stated here multiple times, we have about a 3 year championship window here, and the defense is clearly keeping us from our full potential. IMO Gilmore is the piece that could put us over the top.

I’m wondering if the Patriots will actually trade Gilmore. That being said if some other team grabs him for a 2 I’m going to be pissed

Williams is a DT, we are good there with Jones and Simmons....trade for Metcalf? Why would we do that, our offense is not the problem. We will need that 1 to help the D when we dont re-sign Beasley and Clowney
Williams is a 3-4 DE. Exactly what we need. I don't think many people realize, but Jack Crawford is a starter. Not only that, but he's replacing Jurrell Casey. Say what you want about the trade, but clearly Casey is missed right now. No one has heard Crawford's name since week 1.

Quinnen Williams, Leonard Williams, Hank Williams Jr., Williams sisters... bring em all.

Williams is a 3-4 DE. Exactly what we need. I don't think many people realize, but Jack Crawford is a starter. Not only that, but he's replacing Jurrell Casey. Say what you want about the trade, but clearly Casey is missed right now. No one has heard Crawford's name since week 1.

Quinnen Williams, Leonard Williams, Hank Williams Jr., Williams sisters... bring em all.
Thought Williams was a DT, thanks for the correction.

Crawford is depth, should not be a starter. I'm one of the few that thought dealing Casey was a bad move.

And no to the Williams sisters, they annoy me! Lol

I'm not sure if they could figure out a way to make it work or not...
Titans have 8m cap space.
Gilmore is a 25m cap hit this year and 17m next year.

I read that the Pats are responsible for the remaining guaranteed signing bonus money and that whoever trades for him is only on the hook for 7mil this year and 8 mil next yr.....to get a guy that was defensive player of the year for 2 yrs and 15mil is a steal.....I'd give up a 2nd that could convert to a 1st if certain conditions were met....15 mil over 2 yrs for a starting CB is cheap

The Titans would have to free up cap space to acquire Gilmore, just forget about it. The most logical options are to sign Daryl Worley who was released by Dallas or trade for Poole (Who is one of the better slot corners in the NFL) from the Jets, they'd likely let him go for one of our 6th rounders.

The Titans would have to free up cap space to acquire Gilmore, just forget about it. The most logical options are to sign Daryl Worley who was released by Dallas or trade for Poole (Who is one of the better slot corners in the NFL) from the Jets, they'd likely let him go for one of our 6th rounders.
We would be tight, but we have the cap space to get Gilmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back