Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Lol b/c you;'re the sole authority on fandom? You know what you sound like here? You sound like the NCAA and their idiotic attempts to "vacate" a teams wins...or more recently the Heisman trust's attempt to strip Reggie Bush of his Heisman trophy.....As if noone saw what happened that year...just "poof" Men in Black the entire sports world....nothing to see here. Its an absolutely silly premise you're making.

No matter whether you "own" the history, people will always associate the Luv ya Blue Oilers...Campbell streaking down the sideline for the OT win against the dolphins on Monday night.....Pastorini and the flack jacket......It will always be associated with Houston..period & no amount of cease & desist letters, bitching about using "Your" color is gonna change that. We know why she's putting up such a stink about it & it ain't noble...its purely for the money...& for us its different. That color is in the city flag..its in old school architechture around town..hell our cop cars have that color on them. Its personal....

& If you truly understood the fued, you'd understand that Bud ****ed the city over b/c he was trying to get more money for himself....& this is after he hit citizens with a 70 millon dollar renovation just 6-7 years prior. Its a helluva lot more to it than just us not showing up to a "save the Oilers" rally. We were all too happy that he left as he threatened to do so 6789 times before then. But That doesn't mean that the memories go with him. & that goes for every fan.

You can get your undies in a wad about that, but it just is what it is.

This is such complete utter horseshit. This whole " H-Town Blue" thing is just made up crap. NOTHING, NOTHING is Columbia Blue in Houston but the Oilers. When the Oilers left it was fazed out. Its NOT in the City Flag or the Police Cars, which are black or black and white and have been for 15 years.

Its NO WHERE.

The history belongs to the franchise that Houston kicked to the curb behind that idiot Mayor Bob Lanier and his personal vendetta with Bud Adams You say Bud fucked the City because he wanted more money. All Bud wanted, all the NFL wanted, all the Rodeo wanted was a new stadium. Which the Harris County Sports Authority built just 4 years later. Give Bud that stadium the Oilers don't leave. Instead, you got Bob McNair and his dirty stolen Enron money, the trophy gold digging wife of the drunken stupid fat son Cal running their mouths. That's why Hannah is out front now. Cal is a moron. Worse than Jim Irsay.

Keep talking trash about Amy. At least she came by her money honest she inherited it from something her father built from nothing. She didn't have to fuck Cal to get it.

Texans don't have a throwback so they want to steal the Oilers. Ravens don't have a throwback. You don't hear them bitching about Indy do you? Or St Louis and LA. Texan fans are the stupidest fans in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah....just like none of us saw Reggie Bush shred Fresno State on his way to the Heisman...Oh and we also didn't see USC win all those games in that 3 year time frame either. The NCAA says that didn't happen....:thumbsup:.

When everyone else gets the memo and stops showing old Houston Oilers highlights during Houston Texans games, then we can revisit this topic..until such time "cheers"

Reality is, as tough as y'all talk about your "history" you've added very little of it to the franchise since 99-00. If you had, i doubt many of the folks would be up in arms about the old Oilers stuff.

Same for Houston Texans fans and our history.
View attachment 21788

Yeah....just like none of us saw Reggie Bush shred Fresno State on his way to the Heisman...Oh and we also didn't see USC win all those games in that 3 year time frame either. The NCAA says that didn't happen....:thumbsup:.

When everyone else gets the memo and stops showing old Houston Oilers highlights during Houston Texans games, then we can revisit this topic..until such time "cheers"

Reality is, as tough as y'all talk about your "history" you've added very little of it to the franchise since 99-00. If you had, i doubt many of the folks would be up in arms about the old Oilers stuff.

Same for Houston Texans fans and our history.
No it's not even close to the same. Fuck you and your town. It did nothing for the franchise and didn't give a shit about it, so bud moved the franchise. Also, we've done more since 00 than your franchise has ever done.

Yeah, if you guys had done like the Ravens franchise wound up doing after they left Cleveland and drafted bedrock franchise players that laid the ground work for what they are now & you know, actually won something.......I'd actually agree with you...but you didn't. You more or less squandered that team that was pretty much built for you and have languished in veritable mediocrity pretty much since then.

We averaged 10 wins per year the 7 years after moving to TN. This after averaging 5 wins per season the 3 years prior to moving. WTF are you even talking about

And in the 23 or so years since we've been around, you really haven't done much. A couple of AFFCG appearances. 1-2 deep playoff run to equal what you've guys have done since leaving Houston.

Well we've done a helluva lot more than Houston has over that time, despite not having a generational DE, 2 generational WRs, and considerably better/consistent QB play.

Sure buddy, keep telling yourself that that's what it is...We mad b/c we....(& apparently the entire sports world) won't forget things that actually happened in Houston or when representing Houston....lol, ok sure that makes TONS of sense.
Great that you embraced the history of the franchise, If you're a native Tennessean, Do you hold the Music City Miracle in the same reverance as say the big win the Houston Oilers had over the San Diego Chargers in 79'?

Nearly the same level in the playoffs, but 1 is wholely Tenn's and the other happened when the team was in Houston.
Houston Oilers
Tennessee Oilers
Tennessee Titans

SAME

Same Owner

Some great quotes in the article:

Let’s just pretend for a moment that mock drafts and online big boards were an accurate way to evaluate a draft pick (spoiler, they’re not)…
that’s not limited to this pick, it applies to many of the other selections people were crying about.

It’s pretty clear that other NFL teams had Sweat ranked highly and the Titans would not have been able to get him had they traded down.
But but but trade downs were left on the table. just like Vrabel I’m sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some great quotes in the article:

Let’s just pretend for a moment that mock drafts and online big boards were an accurate way to evaluate a draft pick (spoiler, they’re not)…
that’s not limited to this pick, it applies to many of the other selections people were crying about.

It’s pretty clear that other NFL teams had Sweat ranked highly and the Titans would not have been able to get him had they traded down.
But but but trade downs were left on the table. just like Vrabel I’m sure.

All things considered, I would rather have made that Rams trade if it was available, and taken a lesser player with Rams pick. The extra 2025 2nd rounder would be pretty awesome.

All things considered, I would rather have made that Rams trade if it was available, and taken a lesser player with Rams pick. The extra 2025 2nd rounder would be pretty awesome.
I'd agree more if we had a 3rd. We had a chance at one of the top 3-4 DTs at 39, maybe the exact type we wanted. By 52 we're down 7 or so options at that DT. To move down that far you're really crossing the names off a lot of the players that were heavily scouted and invested in. The 5th, eh that's a crapshoot if you even get a PS guy.

It may not have been such a big deal depending on how this giant DT performs. I'd rather have a great player this year than a mediocre player this year and a draft pick next year myself.

I'd agree more if we had a 3rd. We had a chance at one of the top 3-4 DTs at 39, maybe the exact type we wanted. By 52 we're down 7 or so options at that DT. To move down that far you're really crossing the names off a lot of the players that were heavily scouted and invested in. The 5th, eh that's a crapshoot if you even get a PS guy.

It may not have been such a big deal depending on how this giant DT performs. I'd rather have a great player this year than a mediocre player this year and a draft pick next year myself.

Obviously I am not building the team, but if DT was a viewed as significant need we could simply just sign Calais Campbell and draft a lower rated DT that you think can develop into a starter.

Obviously I am not building the team, but if DT was a viewed as significant need we could simply just sign Calais Campbell and draft a lower rated DT that you think can develop into a starter.
Calais wants to spend more time with his grandkids.

The team needed someone that could be on the DL with Simmons. There may have been other choices for a skill position, but it’s not always about a splashy name that gets the media drooling. Seems no matter what the Titans do it’s always doom and gloom and a reach.

I will be basing the value of this kid to some former 2nd round DTs the Titans have picked - John Thornton, Jason Jones, and the dreadful Kevin Dodd. I’m hopeful he can surpass their levels and be more like Tony Brown was when lined up with Haynesworth. Time will tell.

Dodd was a DE

Think Sen'derrick Mark's

Or however you spell his name

Calais is old AF and named after a port in France. Do not want.

Latest posts

Back