Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Why are you "guys" b**ching about Our Oilers Jerseys ?!?

The narrative amongst you lot is that "we" started this whole ordeal.

The reality is your owner started this whole deal way back in October 2023.....hiding behind the cloak of the NFL, a "cease and desist" letter was sent to the University of Houston about their alternate jerseys way back in October of 2023. Then she made the decision to wear the Oilers throwbacks against us in our 1st meeting last year..when she hadn't done it before...It was low hanging fruit and a rather weak attempt by her to throw shade....

Fast forward to us and our uni redesign thing this year. NIKE designed a jersey that had a rather significant amount of the blue in it...sent it to the NFL, they come back and say that we can't have that much of the blue in it...Now who would be the only person objecting to that? Anyway a negotiation had to happen and the long and short of is we were only allowed to have a certain percentage of the blue in it.

Bottom line, the shit's rather childish on the part of your owner.

The narrative amongst you lot is that "we" started this whole ordeal.

The reality is your owner started this whole deal way back in October 2023.....hiding behind the cloak of the NFL, a "cease and desist" letter was sent to the University of Houston about their alternate jerseys way back in October of 2023. Then she made the decision to wear the Oilers throwbacks against us in our 1st meeting last year..when she hadn't done it before...It was low hanging fruit and a rather weak attempt by her to throw shade....

Fast forward to us and our uni redesign thing this year. NIKE designed a jersey that had a rather significant amount of the blue in it...sent it to the NFL, they come back and say that we can't have that much of the blue in it...Now who would be the only person objecting to that? Anyway a negotiation had to happen and the long and short of is we were only allowed to have a certain percentage of the blue in it.

Bottom line, the ****'s rather childish on the part of your owner.

Soooo Our Oilers Jerseys started this "Narrative" ... Sure.

And the TITANS went to the SB like 2 years after leaving that abomination.

And yet somehow, you think what you said was a burn :hugelaugh:

& yet somehow you think saying that your franchisce accomplished something b/c you inherited players we drafted is a burn? lol.

That's right up there with Trump saying he's a self made millionaire when its well known his pops spotted him a million to get started...;)

& yet somehow you think saying that your franchisce accomplished something b/c you inherited players we drafted is a burn? lol.

That's right up there with Trump saying he's a self made millionaire when its well known his pops spotted him a million to get started...;)

YOU didn't draft any players. Those players are Titans/Oilers.

You said they left because YOU (i.e.. Houston) needed an upgrade, yet the Titans made it to the SB 2 years later. Certainly seems like the Oilers needed the upgrade, not the other way around

more bovine scatology .... ...short of is we were only allowed to have a certain percentage of the blue in it.

Bottom line, the ****'s rather childish on the part of your owner.

200w.gif

kelso-lol-that.gif

YOU didn't draft any players. Those players are Titans/Oilers.

You said they left because YOU (i.e.. Houston) needed an upgrade, yet the Titans made it to the SB 2 years later. Certainly seems like the Oilers needed the upgrade, not the other way around

Yeah, if you guys had done like the Ravens franchise wound up doing after they left Cleveland and drafted bedrock franchise players that laid the ground work for what they are now & you know, actually won something.......I'd actually agree with you...but you didn't. You more or less squandered that team that was pretty much built for you and have languished in veritable mediocrity pretty much since then.

And in the 23 or so years since we've been around, you really haven't done much. A couple of AFFCG appearances. 1-2 deep playoff run to equal what you've guys have done since leaving Houston.

Furthermore the head to head is 23-21....Not exactly the Steelers or 49ers history we're bucking against here.

With all that being said, I for one liked this pick. Especially given how few our picks were in this draft.

respectable...he's a high boom / bust player..but the history of players like him with his specific challenges, don't look great.

Seems that you guys had the normal allotment of picks except a 3rd. What happened to that?

respectable...he's a high boom / bust player..but the history of players like him with his specific challenges, don't look great.

Seems that you guys had the normal allotment of picks except a 3rd. What happened to that?

Traded it to move up for Levis last yr.

Still don't change the fact that you lost.

i'll borrow from you here:

You can justify getting blown up by the old-head Raiders however you want.

and clearly you didn’t watch the game against the Chiefs. Bill O'brien made a stupid fake punt call in the 1st half that gave the Chiefs a short field and completely flipped the momentum we had in that game. What cost Houston in that game was our inability to stop Kelce...........the story of alot of teams who've faced the Chiefs in the last 5 years.
You know who that story doesn’t apply to?

And your equation to 1 bad fake punt call costing a 24 point lead versus the titans back and forth 1-2 score game flipping on TOs really misrepresents what happened in each game.

Maybe this is what Texans fans have to do to justify that their existence has had some major impact.

“We drafted”
You’re a Cows fan. They never drafted any Oiler or titans.

I could see him on the high side maybe getting to a Vita Vea level for a few years...too many examples of a low side to even count tho.

“We drafted”
You’re a Cows fan. They never drafted any Oiler or titans.

I'm old enough to remember & lived thru 35-3 sir....& the Joe Montana KC shit show the year after.....so yeah I was a Houston Oiler fan back in the day...switched off my Oiler fandom the day Bud left.. & yes my allegiance is now to the Texans...sorry that bothers you so much.

You post as if you're on the younger side, so you probably have 0 understanding of any of that above...But i'll inform you, yes, those guys were drafted as Houston Oilers..not Tennessee Oilers & not Tennessee Titans. Have a buddy of mine who was at Alcorn State when McNair was there lighting shit up....We were all very excited that they drafted him. Be thankful b/c we did that instead of saddling you guys with Kerry Collins lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back