Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

fair enough..but he’s ALSO stated that he feels “comfortable” playing at 360 lbs….that ain’t “working hard to get better” ….You don’t need work ethic to get fat. He wasn’t good enough to get on the field consistently in 3 years there & make an impact regardless of what his snap counts say. putting on that kind of weight isn’t natural. Furthermore if the weight he put on was supposedly him grinding hard to get better, why is he according to you now saying that he needs to lose some of it? Why not keep it..

Titans seem as if they got tunnel vision on this one. Panicked and reached for a guy ALREADY on Gooddell’s radar for discipline. I’m sure every FO did what the titans’ FO did more or less.

Simmons is a bad man no doubt, but he’s playing at nearly 50 lbs lighter and is light years more twitchy than this kid. How they watched that semifinal game against the Huskies and came away thinking this kid was worth anything more than a 3rd is beyond me…0 impact in the biggest game of the season…& that’s typically how it was with him.
Piled up stats against mostly bad teams in the big 12 & disappeared in the big games.

They didn’t panic. Panic based on what? Because Penix wasn’t there ? lol. You say panic. Why?

He can’t be disciplined by Goodall for a DWI he got while NOT in the NFL or subject to the CBA. It’s a DWI. It’s not child molestation man. He shouldn’t have done it. No doubt. But it’s a class B misdemeanor, Also a 366 pound man with a .105 BAC ain’t the same as a 200 pound man I assure you. He was rear ended. Again… You are making assumptions without facts. He hasn’t been an issue. He HAS been on the field for the Longhorns. You are kinda just making this stuff up like you want the pick to be bad. He has also stated he I’ll lose weight. He will have pros helping him and Simmons to mentor him. If he busts he busts. Not the end of the world. It wasn’t panicking

fair enough..but he’s ALSO stated that he feels “comfortable” playing at 360 lbs….that ain’t “working hard to get better” ….You don’t need work ethic to get fat. He wasn’t good enough to get on the field consistently in 3 years there & make an impact regardless of what his snap counts say. putting on that kind of weight isn’t natural. Furthermore if the weight he put on was supposedly him grinding hard to get better, why is he according to you now saying that he needs to lose some of it? Why not keep it..

Titans seem as if they got tunnel vision on this one. Panicked and reached for a guy ALREADY on Gooddell’s radar for discipline. I’m sure every FO did what the titans’ FO did more or less.

Simmons is a bad man no doubt, but he’s playing at nearly 50 lbs lighter and is light years more twitchy than this kid. How they watched that semifinal game against the Huskies and came away thinking this kid was worth anything more than a 3rd is beyond me…0 impact in the biggest game of the season…& that’s typically how it was with him.
Piled up stats against mostly bad teams in the big 12 & disappeared in the big games.
I’ll get this to Ran, stat. I wonder what the return policy is for a 2nd rounder?

They didn’t panic. Panic based on what? Because Penix wasn’t there ? lol. You say panic. Why?

He can’t be disciplined by Goodall for a DWI he got while NOT in the NFL or subject to the CBA. It’s a DWI. It’s not child molestation man. He shouldn’t have done it. No doubt. But it’s a class B misdemeanor, Also a 366 pound man with a .105 BAC ain’t the same as a 200 pound man I assure you. He was rear ended. Again… You are making assumptions without facts. He hasn’t been an issue. He HAS been on the field for the Longhorns. You are kinda just making this stuff up like you want the pick to be bad. He has also stated he I’ll lose weight. He will have pros helping him and Simmons to mentor him. If he busts he busts. Not the end of the world. It wasn’t panicking
I like the pick
But
.105 BAC is .105 no matter how much you weight….its a percentage
Also, I thought it was dropped

Outland trophy winner. Sweat isn't a chump.

ehh, the Outland isn’t any more predictable of success on the next level than the Heisman.
The best of those who have won it over the last 10-15 years…Donald, Suh…Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver…those guys were way more disruptive and twitchy in college than Sweat & their college numbers back it up…and they did it for multiple years in college too.

Sweat is more in line with a Terrence Cody…who would’ve won it were it not for Suh sweeping everything that year..(out of the league in 4 years) or more recently a Jordan Davis…who won it with similar stats..but hasn’t been anything special in the pros thus far..disappointing to the point that he’s already being talked about amongst eagles fans as being a bust and getting ripped for his lack of production and his ever ballooning waist line. This despite being paired next to Fletcher Cox and this past year Jalen Carter.

Time will tell about this kid, but what we’ve seen with guys like him time & time again who can’t keep their weight under control is that they eventually wash out in 4 years..and don’t let him get injured..he’ll be out sooner than that. Sweat himself has said that if he sits down on the couch he’ll gain 30 lbs lol. Im sure he said it at least partly tongue in cheek…but he probably was serious too.

I said on his radar for discipline…not that he would be for the recent DWI incident. But you’re a fool if u think such an incident won’t influence Gooddell to be a bit more heavy handed on him if the kid slips up again.

And do u really think that Texas didn’t have S&C coaches folks “mentoring” him? He’s the kind of kid/player where his weight is ALWAYS gonna be an issue. If it’s an issue now without money, what do you think is gonna happen when he gets paid?

He’s stated that he’ll lose SOME weight..down to 355 lol. Then according to him, he’ll be ready for the HOF..lol.
Titans' 366-pound T'Vondre Sweat: If I get down to 355 or 350, I'll be a Hall of Famer

Last edited by a moderator:
I said on his radar for discipline…not that he would be for the recent DWI incident. But you’re a fool if u think such an incident won’t influence Gooddell to be a bit more heavy handed on him if the kid slips up again.

And do u really think that Texas didn’t have S&C coaches folks “mentoring” him? He’s the kind of kid/player where his weight is ALWAYS gonna be an issue. If it’s an issue now without money, what do you think is gonna happen when he gets paid?

He’s stated that he’ll lose SOME weight..down to 355 lol. Then according to him, he’ll be ready for the HOF..lol.
Titans' 366-pound T'Vondre Sweat: If I get down to 355 or 350, I'll be a Hall of Famer

I don’t know who Gooddell is but Roger Goodell doesn’t know this kids name. He isn’t keeping a list like Santa. The Commissioner doesn’t even issue punishment for off field incidents per the CBA.

No one but disgruntled Titans fans give a damn about the DWI. The Texans would have probably taken him if he was there at their 2nd round pick.

Just say you don’t like the pick. But don’t act like he DWI is the reason.

I don’t know who Gooddell is but Roger Goodell doesn’t know this kids name. He isn’t keeping a list like Santa. The Commissioner doesn’t even issue punishment for off field incidents per the CBA.

No one but disgruntled Titans fans give a damn about the DWI. The Texans would have probably taken him if he was there at their 2nd round pick.

Just say you don’t like the pick. But don’t act like he DWI is the reason.

Apparently a lot of teams cared..he was sliding down boards until you guys reached for him.

But I thought that was all pretty clear. I’m not a Titans fan, I’m a Texans fan and just checked in here to see what the sentiment was on the pick considering there’s just as many of us that were split & down on him as there are on here. Some of it is b/c he’s essentially a home town kid being from just outside of Houston, the other part of it is UT homers b/c he went to Texas & then there was a small contingent who believed he’s a guy we should’ve had up for serious consideration for every reason being stated in here….just not with a 2nd…& we had 2 we could’ve used to move up and take him. Ultimately I doubt he was on our radar as a pick for us…at least in the 2nd round anyway b/c he doesn’t fit Meco’s defensive “swarm” mentality but I digress.

Simmons will still be the main focus of doubles & I doubt many teams will change their approach in game planning for the Titans d-line. They’ll make big boy prove he can keep up for 17 games. If he comes in and insists on playing at 360/350 or whatever, the game plan against him will be simple, run his big ass sideline to sideline and gas him out for the 2 downs he’s on the field. & late in games when he’s tired as hell whatever he has left in the tank won’t be worth shit.

Apparently a lot of teams cared..he was sliding down boards until you guys reached for him.

But I thought that was all pretty clear. I’m not a Titans fan, I’m a Texans fan and just checked in here to see what the sentiment was on the pick considering there’s just as many of us that were split & down on him as there are on here. Some of it is b/c he’s essentially a home town kid being from just outside of Houston, the other part of it is UT homers b/c he went to Texas & then there was a small contingent who believed he’s a guy we should’ve had up for serious consideration for every reason being stated in here….just not with a 2nd…& we had 2 we could’ve used to move up and take him. Ultimately I doubt he was on our radar as a pick for us…at least in the 2nd round anyway b/c he doesn’t fit Meco’s defensive “swarm” mentality but I digress.

Simmons will still be the main focus of doubles & I doubt many teams will change their approach in game planning for the Titans d-line. They’ll make big boy prove he can keep up for 17 games. If he comes in and insists on playing at 360/350 or whatever, the game plan against him will be simple, run his big ass sideline to sideline and gas him out for the 2 downs he’s on the field. & late in games when he’s tired as hell whatever he has left in the tank won’t be worth ****.
i

lots of words that just says you another gay cow

Simmons will still be the main focus of doubles & I doubt many teams will change their approach in game planning for the Titans d-line. They’ll make big boy prove he can keep up for 17 games. If he comes in and insists on playing at 360/350 or whatever, the game plan against him will be simple, run his big ass sideline to sideline and gas him out for the 2 downs he’s on the field. & late in games when he’s tired as hell whatever he has left in the tank won’t be worth ****.

Don't you "guys" have a football team to abandon ?

I like when Warren Moon made the selection representing the franchise he is most remembered for.
Old Oiler picking A Longhorn for Bud.

Agreed. Doesn't sound like a malcontent. They did their due diligence. The kid needs to come in and go to work
There's always going to be picks we as fans don't like and some just want to b*tch for the sake of b*tching but all picks are gambles. I'd like to think the people doing this for a living know a little more than us casual fans. Give the kid a chance with this opportunity and see what happens when the games start.

Latest posts

Back