Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

You know who that story doesn’t apply to?

And your equation to 1 bad fake punt call costing a 24 point lead versus the titans back and forth 1-2 score game flipping on TOs really misrepresents what happened in each game.

Maybe this is what Texans fans have to do to justify that their existence has had some major impact.

Yeah Alex Smith ain't Patrick Mahomes buddy sorry that's just not the same thing no matter how surface level you want to make it appear.

if you'd watched that game you would've seen how that horrible decision...... on the road in a hostile enviornment against a SB favorite & league MVP flipped the whole script. They went on to win it all that year.

I'm old enough to remember & lived thru 35-3 sir....& the Joe Montana KC **** show the year after.....so yeah I was a Houston Oiler fan back in the day...switched off my Oiler fandom the day Bud left.. & yes my allegiance is now to the Texans...sorry that bothers you so much.

You post as if you're on the younger side, so you probably have 0 understanding of any of that above...But i'll inform you, yes, those guys were drafted as Houston Oilers..not Tennessee Oilers & not Tennessee Titans. Have a buddy of mine who was at Alcorn State when McNair was there lighting **** up....We were all very excited that they drafted him. Be thankful b/c we did that instead of saddling you guys with Kerry Collins lol.
You’re not alone as an oilers fan. I too joined the fandom when Moon started running the run n shoot offense.

I guess where you’re missing the point is, oilers fan transplanted to Cows fan forfeited the “we” of the oilers as you root for a different franchise.

I get why, houston to houston. But cows fans seem to have issue that houston has nothing from the titans organization anymore.
They didn’t care when they moved (as proven with 10s of people who showed up to “save the oilers”) but there is no history with the 2002 started franchise. That’s it. No uniforms. No players, no AFL recognition, no luv ya blue, no moon, not even a dreaded 35-3.
Cows have a whole new history.so far, they can reflect on a 24-0.

Yeah Alex Smith ain't Patrick Mahomes buddy sorry that's just not the same thing no matter how surface level you want to make it appear.

if you'd watched that game you would've seen how that horrible decision...... on the road in a hostile enviornment against a SB favorite & league MVP flipped the whole script. They went on to win it all that year.
That’s fine. Check out what Kelce does against TN with Mahomes. Still not lighting up any box scores.

You’re not alone as an oilers fan. I too joined the fandom when Moon started running the run n shoot offense.

I guess where you’re missing the point is, oilers fan transplanted to Cows fan forfeited the “we” of the oilers as you root for a different franchise.

I get why, houston to houston. But cows fans seem to have issue that houston has nothing from the titans organization anymore.
They didn’t care when they moved (as proven with 10s of people who showed up to “save the oilers”) but there is no history with the 2002 started franchise. That’s it. No uniforms. No players, no AFL recognition, no luv ya blue, no moon, not even a dreaded 35-3.
Cows have a whole new history.so far, they can reflect on a 24-0.

Lol b/c you;'re the sole authority on fandom? You know what you sound like here? You sound like the NCAA and their idiotic attempts to "vacate" a teams wins...or more recently the Heisman trust's attempt to strip Reggie Bush of his Heisman trophy.....As if noone saw what happened that year...just "poof" Men in Black the entire sports world....nothing to see here. Its an absolutely silly premise you're making.

No matter whether you "own" the history, people will always associate the Luv ya Blue Oilers...Campbell streaking down the sideline for the OT win against the dolphins on Monday night.....Pastorini and the flack jacket......It will always be associated with Houston..period & no amount of cease & desist letters, bitching about using "Your" color is gonna change that. We know why she's putting up such a stink about it & it ain't noble...its purely for the money...& for us its different. That color is in the city flag..its in old school architechture around town..hell our cop cars have that color on them. Its personal....

& If you truly understood the fued, you'd understand that Bud fucked the city over b/c he was trying to get more money for himself....& this is after he hit citizens with a 70 millon dollar renovation just 6-7 years prior. Its a helluva lot more to it than just us not showing up to a "save the Oilers" rally. We were all too happy that he left as he threatened to do so 6789 times before then. But That doesn't mean that the memories go with him. & that goes for every fan.

You can get your undies in a wad about that, but it just is what it is.

1ef024c2d4b8b63644839ec8fa37e704

& yet somehow you think saying that your franchisce accomplished something b/c you inherited players we drafted is a burn? lol.

That's right up there with Trump saying he's a self made millionaire when its well known his pops spotted him a million to get started...;)
Who is We?

Lol b/c you;'re the sole authority on fandom? You know what you sound like here? You sound like the NCAA and their idiotic attempts to "vacate" a teams wins...or more recently the Heisman trust's attempt to strip Reggie Bush of his Heisman trophy.....As if noone saw what happened that year...just "poof" Men in Black the entire sports world....nothing to see here. Its an absolutely silly premise you're making.

No matter whether you "own" the history, people will always associate the Luv ya Blue Oilers...Campbell streaking down the sideline for the OT win against the dolphins on Monday night.....Pastorini and the flack jacket......It will always be associated with Houston..period & no amount of cease & desist letters, bitching about using "Your" color is gonna change that. We know why she's putting up such a stink about it & it ain't noble...its purely for the money...& for us its different. That color is in the city flag..its in old school architechture around town..hell our cop cars have that color on them. Its personal....

& If you truly understood the fued, you'd understand that Bud ****ed the city over b/c he was trying to get more money for himself....& this is after he hit citizens with a 70 millon dollar renovation just 6-7 years prior. Its a helluva lot more to it than just us not showing up to a "save the Oilers" rally. We were all too happy that he left as he threatened to do so 6789 times before then. But That doesn't mean that the memories go with him. & that goes for every fan.

Tennessee franchise fans celebrate their history of all those things that happened in Houston.

I suppose cows fans can too, it just has nothing to do with their franchise.
Kind of like rooting for the history of any other franchise.
It seems if anyone is getting upset here, it’s the cows fan coming to grips that prior to 2002, there is nothing. Anything played in Houston prior to that is a different franchise.

Tennessee franchise fans celebrate their history of all those things that happened in Houston.

It seems if anyone is getting upset here, it’s the cows fan coming to grips that prior to 2002, there is nothing. Anything played in Houston prior to that is a different franchise.
I am still soaking up the tears because 'only so much blue because of Amy'

LOL

Sure buddy, keep telling yourself that that's what it is...We mad b/c we....(& apparently the entire sports world) won't forget things that actually happened in Houston or when representing Houston....lol, ok sure that makes TONS of sense.
Great that you embraced the history of the franchise, If you're a native Tennessean, Do you hold the Music City Miracle in the same reverance as say the big win the Houston Oilers had over the San Diego Chargers in 79'?

Nearly the same level in the playoffs, but 1 is wholely Tenn's and the other happened when the team was in Houston.

Can someone start an “Is not/Is too” thread for this and let’s go back to arguing whether Sweaty is a 2nd or 3rd round caliber player ?

I am still soaking up the tears because 'only so much blue because of Amy'

LOL

Yeah, just like the tears when ol' Bud thought he pulled one over on the Texans by drafting the hometown kid VY? oops.

or how about last year when you guys thought that you were gonna roll out the old Oiler unis and beat us down & our 3rd string qb.

Sure buddy, keep telling yourself that that's what it is...We mad b/c we....(& apparently the entire sports world) won't forget things that actually happened in Houston or when representing Houston....lol, ok sure that makes TONS of sense.
Great that you embraced the history of the franchise, If you're a native Tennessean, Do you hold the Music City Miracle in the same reverance as say the big win the Houston Oilers had over the San Diego Chargers in 79'?

Nearly the same level in the playoffs, but 1 is wholely Tenn's and the other happened when the team was in Houston.
Not native to TN and wasn’t alive for 79’.

but fans do understand history. The Vernon Perry game was a huge game and really unheard of still today. Big upset over SD and anyone that can claim 4 INTs on Dan Fouts in a game deserves recognition.

As a Cows fan, no beef with you recognizing the game either, just that it’s not Cows history.

curious, what’d you do during the 5 year Houston hiatus?

Can someone start an “Is not/Is too” thread for this and let’s go back to arguing whether Sweaty is a 2nd or 3rd round caliber player ?

Agreed. most lists i saw had Kris Jenkins & Micheal Hall Jr consistenly ranked higher as a prospects pre-draft..yet both went well after Sweat....prior to that,

Like i said i think they panicked when they saw the mini run on DT's early in the 2nd & reached for him b/c they saw Orhorohro and Newton go off the board right before them...they probably also heard that the Rams were trying to trade up..which they did the pick after them and selected Fiske...

Not native to TN and wasn’t alive for 79’.

but fans do understand history. The Vernon Perry game was a huge game and really unheard of still today. Big upset over SD and anyone that can claim 4 INTs on Dan Fouts in a game deserves recognition.

As a Cows fan, no beef with you recognizing the game either, just that it’s not Cows history.

curious, what’d you do during the 5 year Houston hiatus?

I rooted for the Oilers when they were here, root for the Texans now, but I've always watched everyone b/c i just love the game..Still do actually. So when they left i just continued to do what i'd always done.. it was just more about the individual players at that time. Was a big McNabb fan at that time.

We don't care about it being "our" history...most of us aren't lamenting that the Oilers are gone...Its really about your owner & how he did the city...& how Adams-strunk continues to seemingly try to rub it in & continue that legacy. You'd think as an owner you'd be above that kind of stuff...but apparently she's not. & quite honestly its sad b/c Bud Adams should be revered way more than he is for what he actually did for the league as a whole...instead he's not looked upon as favorably as Davis, Wilson & Hunt and some of the other patriiarchs.....there's a reason for that..Dude wasn't well liked...Add the city of Houston to his long list.

Besides, most of us hate the cowboys waayy more, but we don't even have beef like that with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

& If you truly understood the fued, you'd understand that Bud ****ed the city over b/c he was trying to get more money for himself....& this is after he hit citizens with a 70 millon dollar renovation just 6-7 years prior. Its a helluva lot more to it than just us not showing up to a "save the Oilers" rally. We were all too happy that he left as he threatened to do so 6789 times before then. But That doesn't mean that the memories go with him. & that goes for every fan.

The Texans franchise isn't connected to the titans/oilers franchise in any way except they both started in Houston. That's it.

Sweat was my favorite pick of ours, but I also wish we had selected someone else in that spot. I know that sounds contradictive, but hear me out.

It's weird to me that for 2 years in a row, WR has been considered one of the top needs and we've waited until the 6th round or later in the past 2 drafts to take one.

Adonai Mitchell was just sitting there for the taking at 38. He would be perfect in this offense, and after a year's experience, he could have stepped uip to WR 1B for DHop after he leaves this season.

He is a freak of all freaks as an athlete. His RAS score was 9.97 out of 10. We didn't draft a high level athlete in this draft until our last pick, and the average RAS of everyone we drafted was around 5.4. In other words, we didn't draft good athletes and were last in the NFL in this metric.

The worst part about not drafting Mitchell, is he ended up in Indy.

Don't get me wrong. I love Sweat and him and Big Jeff together will be a problem. But Mitchell would have helped us more IMO.

The Texans franchise isn't connected to the titans/oilers franchise in any way except they both started in Houston. That's it.

Yeah....just like none of us saw Reggie Bush shred Fresno State on his way to the Heisman...Oh and we also didn't see USC win all those games in that 3 year time frame either. The NCAA says that didn't happen....:thumbsup:.

When everyone else gets the memo and stops showing old Houston Oilers highlights during Houston Texans games, then we can revisit this topic..until such time "cheers"

Reality is, as tough as y'all talk about your "history" you've added very little of it to the franchise since 99-00. If you had, i doubt many of the folks would be up in arms about the old Oilers stuff.

Same for Houston Texans fans and our history.

Latest posts

Back