Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

I guess this will be one of those “wait and see picks”. Hopefully he’s not another Isiah Wilson.

I don’t really know anything about him, but at first glance it sounds like he could be a boom or bust type of pick. Has had issues keeping his weigh under control and then the recent DUi. Let’s hope this doesn’t mean that he’s a lazy partying moron.

On a brighter note, if he comes in with the right mind frame and is ready to work, him and Jeffrey could end up being a nasty duo.

For all this talk about the new regime being "analytically-driven," it's pretty clear to me that all goes out the window with these guys in crunch time. Trades galore before and after both picks, but they get scared and pick the guys who they targeted early on.

Ran panics. Sounds like Jon Robinson.

For all this talk about the new regime being "analytically-driven," it's pretty clear to me that all goes out the window with these guys in crunch time. Trades galore before and after both picks, but they get scared and pick the guys who they targeted early on.

Ran panics. Sounds like Jon Robinson.

After seeing Monty Ossenfort run his draft trades last year I can't help but think we picked the wrong GM

After seeing Monty Ossenfort run his draft trades last year I can't help but think we picked the wrong GM
I had confidence in Ran/Chad/whoever tf is running this thing after last year's draft, but this has been a very poor performance. Teams are running circles around them.

I guess this will be one of those “wait and see picks”. Hopefully he’s not another Isiah Wilson.

I don’t really know anything about him, but at first glance it sounds like he could be a boom or bust type of pick. Has had issues keeping his weigh under control and then the recent DUi. Let’s hope this doesn’t mean that he’s a lazy partying moron.

On a brighter note, if he comes in with the right mind frame and is ready to work, him and Jeffrey could end up being a nasty duo.
Those two and the guy from the rams are going to beat the daylights out of offensive lineman. Sweat was doubled all the time. Simmons is doubled all the time. You just can’t double team both of them. Forget results…..just imagine you are lining up across from Simmons and sweat. You know you going to be in for a long day no matter what.

Our DLine was super thin and Sweat will open things up for Simmons and the edge rushers. Don’t hate the fit but don’t love the value. Could work out just fine if he’s character issues are overblown

I had confidence in Ran/Chad/whoever tf is running this thing after last year's draft, but this has been a very poor performance. Teams are running circles around them.
I always wonder how these kind of grades are determined.
The draft is built around speculation, fans never, can’t stress that enough, never know what GMs or HC or owners are doing behind the scenes and every player has zero NFL snaps.

Projections clearly vary from expert to expert, makes sense that it does from team to team. I would imagine the team knows what they want to go after.

Those two and the guy from the rams are going to beat the daylights out of offensive lineman. Sweat was doubled all the time. Simmons is doubled all the time. You just can’t double team both of them. Forget results…..just imagine you are lining up across from Simmons and sweat. You know you going to be in for a long day no matter what.
Landry approves.

Texas fan here that knows a lot about Sweat. He was the player that changed the tone in Texas on the defensive side and I don't really remember character issues ever keeping him off the field. Him and Simmons are going to be impossible to block.

Texas fan here that knows a lot about Sweat. He was the player that changed the tone in Texas on the defensive side and I don't really remember character issues ever keeping him off the field. Him and Simmons are going to be impossible to block.
I was just watching a little film on him. He looked virtually unstoppable even when being double teamed!

As long as he comes in ready work and has his head on straight, it looks like him and Simmons could be an absolute nightmare for opposing offenses!

I agree with this message. Lining both Simmons and Sweat together means either an opponent will need to attempt double teaming both, or at least, having three linemen to hold their own against them. Means our edge rushers can get 1-on-1 matchups or the offense is having a 6-man line.

I like the message we’re sending that we are building from the line out. Those guys are mostly unsung heroes that help make everyone else a household name.

Callahan had DJ Reader in Cincy. Sweat is a slightly larger more athletic DJ Reader. Massive space eater that will allow our pass rushers to feast. Love it. Big Jeff loving this pick on Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back