Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might mean he missed on player. In no way is that evidence he panicked. Just no way to rationally draw that conclusion.
It doesn't even mean he missed on player. It could mean he hit on a player and someone else is willing to overpay. Judging a GM on whether or not a first round pick is extended is short-sighted and silly.

If your mock draft gurus were so good at evaluating wouldn’t they have jobs with NFL teams? Lol y’all gotta stop thinking those mock drafts mean anything.
One such guru, mayock, consistently REACHES for Oakland. That's why I don't trust mock drafts.

It doesn't even mean he missed on player. It could mean he hit on a player and someone else is willing to overpay. Judging a GM on whether or not a first round pick is extended is short-sighted and silly.

That is why I said might. Totally agree with you.

Really don't understand why we're getting caught up in where these guys are ranked pre-draft. Jrob has been pretty good in the later rounds and this guy has some positives like very solid athleticism & high deep ball success.
I get it and normally, I agree with you. JRob has been able to find some unknown or late round gems: Kevin Byard... We were all like who? Same for Nate Davis, Jayon Brown, and Tajae Sharpe. All those guys however, after some research, gave us something to get excited about. There were at least some "experts" that were high on them. They were positions of need. They were super productive. You could see the risk vs high reward potential.

This guy and the ILB ... eh not so much. I don't see much to get excited about. I agree that you have to trust the GM more than the talking heads, but when the consensus of most "experts" had them ranked much lower, there is a reason for that. The production isn't great. The talent doesn't stick out to me. To make things worse for this guy, we traded up a good bit. With hindsight, we see only one team drafted a WR. That's high risk for what I perceive to be... medium reward? Like really? Do you see this guy being a pro bowler or all pro given the talent? I'd be super surprised/happy if he even becomes a solid 2. Tajae gave me more to get excited about. Hope I'm wrong.

From the little we can see, do you really think this guy is head and shoulders (3 picks worth) better than the other receivers available at our original pick, assuming he'd be gone? If you had to guess, would you think he'd be gone? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

I get it and normally, I agree with you. JRob has been able to find some unknown or late round gems: Kevin Byard... We were all like who? Same for Nate Davis, Jayon Brown, and Tajae Sharpe. All those guys however, after some research, gave us something to get excited about. There were at least some "experts" that were high on them. They were positions of need. They were super productive. You could see the risk vs high reward potential.

This guy and the ILB ... eh not so much. I don't see much to get excited about. I agree that you have to trust the GM more than the talking heads, but when the consensus of most "experts" had them ranked much lower, there is a reason for that. The production isn't great. The talent doesn't stick out to me. To make things worse for this guy, we traded up a good bit. With hindsight, we see only one team drafted a WR. That's high risk for what I perceive to be... medium reward? Like really? Do you see this guy being a pro bowler or all pro given the talent? I'd be super surprised/happy if he even becomes a solid 2. Tajae gave me more to get excited about. Hope I'm wrong.

From the little we can see, do you really think this guy is head and shoulders (3 picks worth) better than the other receivers available at our original pick, assuming he'd be gone? If you had to guess, would you think he'd be gone? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

I honestly have no idea. He does have some things that get me excited for a 4th rounder, though. His RAS was strong and he has good size. He also had a good senior bowl which helps (debatable how much) assuage concerns about his lack of college production. I haven't looked much into the other guys who were available but I'm sure they have red flags given where we are in the draft. It's definitely apparent that JRob put a fair bit of stock in the Senior Bowl this year.

well according to KY Jelly he was going undrafted.

I don’t think the expectation of a 4th round pick should be pro bowl or all pro but that’s just me.

Oh no, Jrob gave up picks that likely would have been players that won't make it through training camp. The world is ending.

Trading up for this guy is what most of us did not like. This team has holes and I am afraid we did not address them. Needed DT TE got 0.

I like the weaver pick but we could have used another OLB, pretty thin there.

It’s a shame you think you know more than JRob and you can’t even count correctly how many picks we gave up. It’s not 3.
Yeah I know it’s crazy for someone to post an opinion on a forum, not like that’s the entire point of one...no disagreeing with JRob allowed. I thought Isiah Wilson and Kevin Dodd were both horrible picks when he made them, but I know, he’s NEVER wrong.

Trading up for this guy is what most of us did not like. This team has holes and I am afraid we did not address them. Needed DT TE got 0.

I like the weaver pick but we could have used another OLB, pretty thin there.

He traded picks that didn’t matter. Picks he picked up along the way. People freaking out like he traded next years 1st rounder.

Yeah I know it’s crazy for someone to post an opinion on a forum, not like that’s the entire point of one...no disagreeing with JRob allowed.

One extreme to the other. Disagreeing is fine. He is about to be should be, fired is just stupid. We even have someone who claims to know that he is going to be fired. No one in here would know that, NO ONE. Flat out lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back