Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
First round picks are cheap. I agree, you don't need a true #1 to win and paying $20+ per year is cap suicide (unless you have a legit rookie QB), but that's why you take one in the first round. They are cheap... and in a time when WRs are getting drastically overpaid, an added bonus is the 5th year option. That would have avoided the entire AJ Brown fiasco (at least for one more year).

I'm not super sold on Burks as the player, but it doesn't matter if you're a run first team. Drafting a WR in the first is smart. Now let's see if it work out with Burks.
The 5th year option is the big piece I agree with and the only reason I don’t mind Tennessee (not just any team) takes a first round WR

As much as I liked Brown, the Titans did the right thing, I don't think his heart was in Nashville without a new deal....I don't think he's worth 25 mil but that's the market. Without a new deal he would have left in FA at the end of the season and who knows what year he would have gave us. He got 25 mil for 2 1000 yd seasons and getting dinged up...he was looking at a big payday anyway.

The way things are going, that 5th year will be costly
Yes, but costly for 1 year, not 4 or 5. It also gives you negotiation room in the 4th year to work out a reasonable extension. If it doesn't work out, the player shouldn't be diva unhappy because they know they're getting a payday the following year regardless. If they ball out that year, then they can get paid somewhere else and we get a comp.

As much as I liked Brown, the Titans did the right thing, I don't think his heart was in Nashville without a new deal....I don't think he's worth 25 mil but that's the market. Without a new deal he would have left in FA at the end of the season and who knows what year he would have gave us. He got 25 mil for 2 1000 yd seasons and getting dinged up...he was looking at a big payday anyway.

I liked Brown too.... but when you're in a contract dispute with an injury prone WR and you can get the value of a 1st round pick out of a trade.... then you crushed his draft selection..

Turning a 2nd round pick in 2019, into a 1st round and a 3rd round in 2022.

The yellow jersey players are ones dealing w an injury ailment and are just basically doing walk throughs.....

If that was against a blue jersey Caleb Farley, then it'd be impressive.

Either way it’s nice to see him making plays hope it’s a sign of what’s to come. With all the negative comments on him being out of shape it’s just good to see him making plays.

The yellow jersey players are ones dealing w an injury ailment and are just basically doing walk throughs.....

If that was against a blue jersey Caleb Farley, then it'd be impressive.
Going up to get it like that after his first week was impressive regardless of who's defending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back