Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might very well be right but I think I'd rather go with the guy who dominated the SEC and ran away from essentially the entire Alabama defense over the guy who had 800 yards against FCS competition.

I could not possibly agree more. JRob learned his lesson with Radunz, what a learning curve it is for small school players transitioning to the NFL. We needed help NOW and Burks already has plenty of experience against NFL caliber players. And kinda made them his bish too.

I’ve been right way more often than JRob on his picks in round 1-3 since he took over as GM and he’s getting paid millions a year to make the picks.
And you’re getting paid nothing for it?

View attachment 19746

Must be something else to it. I’d start with the suggestion that the draft is 7 rounds, but that would also neglect FA, contract renewals, and the general contract deals to sign someone.

Prove it lol

2016: I was fine with Conklin, but thought Tunsil was a better OT. When he took Dodd, I wanted Xavien Howard, when he took Austin Johnson, I wanted Michael Thomas.

2017: I liked the Corey Davis pick, guess we were both wrong. I thought he was gonna be really good. Hated the Adoree Jackson pick, thought Tredaviois White should have been the pick and he’s is a way better corner, one of the best in the league. Hated the Taywan Taylor pick and I was right.

2018: I liked the Evans and Landry picks.

2019: I loved both Simmons and Brown. I was indifferent on Davis, knew nothing about him.

2020: absolutely hated the Wilson pick. Thought Clyde Edwards Helaire would be the perfect back to pair with Henry. Loved the Fulton pick. Hated the Evans pick. Joshua Kelly was the best RB available in my opinion.

2021: Didn’t mind the Farley pick if he was healthy but I thought Joe Tryon was the player they should have taken. Jury still out. Didn’t know enough about Radunz to have an opinion one way or the other. Wasn’t impressed watching his highlights afterwards.

2022: Didn’t like Burks. Thought we should have taken Trent McDuffie and Christian Watson. Didn’t like the McCreary pick. He’s a good player but wasn’t the best player available at his position. I would have taken Drake Jackson, Arnold Ebiketie or Wan’Dale Robinson. Didn’t have a problem with Petite-Frere and thought Willis was a great roll of the dice where they took him.

Last edited by a moderator:
And you’re getting paid nothing for it?

View attachment 19746

Must be something else to it. I’d start with the suggestion that the draft is 7 rounds, but that would also neglect FA, contract renewals, and the general contract deals to sign someone.
Try finding videos on YouTube of the guys late in the draft. The GM’s main job is to draft talent. That’s where teams are built.

Try finding videos on YouTube of the guys late in the draft. The GM’s main job is to draft talent. That’s where teams are built.
So all that complaining about the Rams just “buying” their team was BS?
Have no idea if you specifically did, but it’s a great case for FA building a team, but also the GM.

So all that complaining about the Rams just “buying” their team was BS?
Have no idea if you specifically did, but it’s a great case for FA building a team, but also the GM.
I never complained about that but it’s not the way to achieve long term success. They will soon collapse hard.

2016: I was fine with Conklin, but thought Tunsil was a better OT. When he took Dodd, I wanted Xavien Howard, when he took Austin Johnson, I wanted Michael Thomas.

2017: I liked the Corey Davis pick, guess we were both wrong. I thought he was gonna be really good. Hated the Adoree Jackson pick, thought Tredaviois White should have been the pick and he’s is a way better corner, one of the best in the league. Hated the Taywan Taylor pick and I was right.

2018: I liked the Evans and Landry picks.

2019: I loved both Simmons and Brown. I was indifferent on Davis, knew nothing about him.

2020: absolutely hated the Wilson pick. Thought Clyde Edwards Helaire would be the perfect back to pair with Henry. Loved the Fulton pick. Hated the Evans pick. Joshua Kelly was the best RB available in my opinion.

2021: Didn’t mind the Farley pick if he was healthy but I thought Joe Tryon was the player they should have taken. Jury still out. Didn’t know enough about Radunz to have an opinion one way or the other. Wasn’t impressed watching his highlights afterwards.

2022: Didn’t like Burks. Thought we should have taken Trent McDuffie and Christian Watson. Didn’t like the McCreary pick. He’s a good player but wasn’t the best player available at his position. I would have taken Drake Jackson, Arnold Ebiketie or Wan’Dale Robinson. Didn’t have a problem with Petite-Frere and thought Willis was a great roll of the dice where they took him.
Sorry that's not proof, anyone can type whatever in hindsight.

I am not about to try to prove anything, feel free to disprove me. I was ecstatic about the Henry pick and pretty high on the Simmons pick and mostly baffled and negative about every other pick. I just dont understand most of the Titan draft picks, they are almost always head scratchers to me. I hated the C Davis pick, not that I thought he was awful, just number 5 was ridiculous.

was ambivalent to pick IIRC but until DH22 decided he was 250 not 195 he was heading toward bust territory. Eddie talked some sense into the big guy

I am not about to try to prove anything, feel free to disprove me. I was ecstatic about the Henry pick and pretty high on the Simmons pick and mostly baffled and negative about every other pick. I just dont understand most of the Titan draft picks, they are almost always head scratchers to me. I hated the C Davis pick, not that I thought he was awful, just number 5 was ridiculous.
Everyone on here has said I didn't like certain picks or who they would have liked instead of...but to say you've been right way more often than JRob, need to some show some proof

If we're going to go the first three rounds, the following was my very first reaction in JROBS drafts

2022 Burks. Despised. McCreary. Puzzled. Frere. Understood
2021 Farley. Excited. Radunz. Expected. Rice. Solid Depth.
2020 Wilson. WTF. Fulton. Good Value. Evans. won't be on the roster in 2 yrs
2019 Simmons. DT Expected. AJ Brown - 1st rd talent, we got in the 2nd. Nate Davis. Solid.
2018 Evans. Excited. Landry. Not the EDGE I wanted, but worth it where we got him.
2017 Davis. Are you kidding me?.. Jackson. Expected. Taylor. Insurance to Corey (and boy that worked out well lol). Jonnu - Isn't that the dude who was burned by his GF?......

and @Hormesis each one of those can be proved.... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back