Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prediction: Derrick Henry will make Myles Jack and Jalen Ramsey his own personal b*tch's!

Myles Jack is an OLB who is about as physical as a nickel back. He won't tackle DH.

This will be the steal of the draft. They will be comparing DH to Eric Dickerson.

Prediction: Derrick Henry will make Myles Jack and Jalen Ramsey his own personal b*tch's!

Myles Jack is an OLB who is about as physical as a nickel back. He won't tackle DH.

This will be the steal of the draft. They will be comparing DH to Eric Dickerson.
I don't like agreeing with you...stop it...now.

Well since a Cover corner doesn't exist anymore the best way to play is by putting the other teams QB on his @$$ early and often. A good DL/pass rush makes any QB unhappy and any secondary look good.

Never said I was upset at Dodd and Austin picks, at all. But we need a good secondary not just hide how bad it is with our front 7. I never denied that having a pass rush is beneficial to our secondary.

That's all besides the point, Henry is a HB we didn't need, should have been all defense in the second round.

We fundamentally disagree on this issue, so I don't think we're getting anywhere.

Bottom Line: We did NOT need a RB in the second round. We absolutely needed help at CB. It's that simple.
And yet we signed 3 db's, 2 corners in FA and drafted 2 corners, just later than the one guy you may have wanted. What we did HOPEFULLY was protect Marcus, provide a rushing game (something we just haven't had in about 4 years with Conklin, Henry and Tretola. We also upgraded the talent on our front 7 with Dodd and Johnson. Our depth was a problem at a few positions last year... interior o line, NT, OLB, CB, S, RT, RB... I'm pretty sure they addressed those areas in FA and the draft. Again it all goes back to the fact we didn't draft certain people. Nothing anyone can say will change the situation, nor can anyone know if the people they wanted actually fit what the team is trying to do.

I'm still unsure as how you can say we didn't need a RB. I once again ask who, on our current roster before the draft would you be comfortable backing up an older back who may or may not regain his form? Sankey? Andrews? Cobb? McCluster? Not one of them stepped up, Andrews was the best we had and I for one love the fact that hopefully 3 of those guys will be moving on. I'm basing my opinion on performance at this level... scary ain't it?

DON'T WE HAVE THE GREATEST RUNNING BACK FOLKS?

derrick-henry-touchdown-run-against-clemson-a.gif

BEAUTIFUL

Last edited by a moderator:
Many are still butt hurt we did not stay at 1 and use the pick on Ramsey. Wait until DH gets on the edge against the Jags and uses that stiff arm on him.

For real though, put down the gas mask bong and read

I don't partake, although I don't judge those who do. Legal issues aside, I don't think it's any different than alcohol, and laws are changing all the time.

Regarding the reading part, I have, and nowhere have I seen forum members state what you claim.

Page 14 you lazy no good pos mfers!!!!!
Hey, don't blow a gasket. I just went back and re-reread, and I still don't see anyone say "Sankey is as good as every back taken after Henry".

I did see several people say (paraphrasing here) that drafting Henry means that Sankey is likely to be cut, and that it's a good thing.

I saw a few opinions that the pick used on Henry could have been better used on a different player, but not because of any desire to retain Sankey.

Care to link me to these posts that state "Sankey is as good as every back taken after Henry"?

Hey, don't blow a gasket. I just went back and re-reread, and I still don't see anyone say "Sankey is as good as every back taken after Henry".

I did see several people say (paraphrasing here) that drafting Henry means that Sankey is likely to be cut, and that it's a good thing.

I saw a few opinions that the pick used on Henry could have been better used on a different player, but not because of any desire to retain Sankey.

Care to link me to these posts that state "Sankey is as good as every back taken after Henry"?

Page 14. This thread. Read it. Read the last post on the page. Sheesh.

I remember seeing Henry as a freshman and was very impressed. First thing I thought of was Eddie George. Though I think, he runs more upright than George and seems to be faster.

I think RT is right, he is probably closer to Eric Dickerson.

Or maybe a bigger version of Ricky "Running" Waters.

I remember seeing Henry as a freshman and was very impressed. First thing I thought of was Eddie George. Though I think, he runs more upright than George and seems to be faster.

I think RT is right, he is probably closer to Eric Dickerson.

Or maybe a bigger version of Ricky "Running" Waters.

Yeah I was amazed when I first saw Henry and said to myself "I'd love him in a Titans uniform". But then again, I said the same thing about Vince Young his freshman year in college. So both dreams came true.

Now let's hope DH pans out, which I know he will.

GREAT PICK!!!

I'm totally fine with this pick, as with all the others. Stopped listen to the pundits LONG time ago, they are wrong as much as they are right. And i don't watch college ball to formulate my own opinions.

Oppositive a few truely gifted GMs (with seemingly crystal balls), the draft is a toss up more than anything.

So much more than 'choosing players' goes into winning - schemes, coaches, momentum, talent, creativity, developing players, etc... And definitlel luck as well...

With all that, there were a couple WRs / CBs available at 45 that I thought were worthy... Thomos and Alexsander caught my attention the past couple months or so... Course if this dude truely is the second coming of Eddie, just how dope would that be.

We fundamentally disagree on this issue, so I don't think we're getting anywhere.

Bottom Line: We did NOT need a RB in the second round. We absolutely needed help at CB. It's that simple.
There was not a CB worthy at that pick....we got our future RB, which we could not pass up on. If we can keep the chains moving, we can keep our defense fresh and not worn out like last year.

CB is the obvious choice, but it all starts up front....we need to be able to rush the passer as well or it's pointless as no CB can hold coverage for a long period. Dodd and Austin should help improve the pressure.

And we have 2 #1 picks next year....we can get a really good CB next year not just pick one for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back