Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. It would have been nice to improve CB and ILB but you cannot fix everything
I keep trying to explain this to the complainers. This team has won 5 total games in the past two seasons. We are a looooooong way away and this is gonna be a two year turnaround at absolute minimum. There aren't very many spots which aren't "needs". Sticking to your board and going BPA is the smart route. Also fixing the pass rush will have a huge impact on the effectiveness of the secondary, regardless of who is back there.

Being a Heisman winner doesn't mean anything. Half of them end up failing miserably, and the ones that don't generally aren't any better than average.

College football is different than the NFL. Teams are different, players are different, schemes are different.

Henry doesn't really impress me that much. He's still one of the highest RBs on my board, but he lacks the tools to be an every down back. Since we are talking about Heisman winners, he actually reminds me a lot of Ron Dayne.

If the titans use him correctly like I think they will, he will be a decent success. Not worth a second round pick, or giving up Alexander and Bell success, but at least not a what-were-you-thinking failure either.

I still think they could've gotten away with Antonio Andrews as their change of pace for Murray too.
He runs nor looks anything like dane.

I keep trying to explain this to the complainers. This team has won 5 total games in the past two seasons. We are a looooooong way away and this is gonna be a two year turnaround at absolute minimum. There aren't very many spots which aren't "needs". Sticking to your board and going BPA is the smart route. Also fixing the pass rush will have a huge impact on the effectiveness of the secondary, regardless of who is back there.

We filled our biggest glaring need with a guy who can start right away. We then added some nice depth guys who can develop. Actually, I think Johnson could probably start at NT.

Can't ask for too much more out of a draft

We filled our biggest glaring need with a guy who can start right away. We then added some nice depth guys who can develop. Actually, I think Johnson could probably start at NT.

Can't ask for too much more out of a draft

That's right, don't question the GM selections or have a negative opinion! :rolleyes:

So who will be the RBs out?

We have Murray, Henry, Andrews, Cobb, Sankey, and McCluster.

Sankey is definitely a goner. Who's the other one? DMC?

McCluster stays until we find another return man.

Andrews surely has to be gone if its close between him and Cobb. I think they're both trash but Cobb is a second year player.

Sankey offers a little bit of a difference in style but he sucks anyways so I bet hes gone.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cobb Andrews and Sankey all cut and we find a fourth RB in waivers/UDFA.

Andrews surely has to be gone if its close between him and Cobb. I think they're both trash but Cobb is a second year player.

Sankey offers a little bit of a difference in style but he sucks anyways so I bet hes gone.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cobb Andrews and Sankey all cut and we find a fourth RB in waivers/UDFA.
Of those 3, I could see Cobb as the last man standing.

Seems like the trend of missing in the 2nd continues. Sad to think we had 3 2nd rounders and we missed on them all. Should have took myles jack.

That's right, don't question the GM selections or have a negative opinion! :rolleyes:

Yeah but you like being miserable

Fowler, Henry and Murray are the only ones safe.

DMC should go unless we cannot find someone else to return.

Andrews could develop into a backup at both TB and FB and add some value along with special teams.

Of those 3, I could see Cobb as the last man standing.

Sankey and Andrews can contribute on special teams which give them a big edge on Cobb.

Don't forget special teams, it often determines who stays and who goes.

Seems like the trend of missing in the 2nd continues. Sad to think we had 3 2nd rounders and we missed on them all. Should have took myles jack.
So the draft isn't over and you already can see that we missed on all 3 selections? That's pretty incredible..... And if all 3 turn out to be great players, what then?

1. Those "Rankings" you speak of are done by people not good enough to work in the NFL
  2. We did address our biggest need, RT
  3. After reading down, then back up again,we are still way ahead of where we were able n terms of picks
  4. D line is a major need. Depth is poor and we did not have a starting g caliber NT
  5. We needed to improve our OLB depth aneverythingust because Andrews started a lot and Sankey was taken high does not mean they are good. They are marginal players
  6. It would have been nice to improve CB and ILB but you cannot fix everything
@Tennessy XO
Not only that but I think people also forget the number of DB's we signed in FA, we signed an ILB as well. Personally I think flipping the time of possession in our favor is going to do more for our defense overall than any single player we could have drafted anyway. I firmly believe Henry, Conklin, Jones and Murray as well as playing guards at guard instead of Tackle will also improve things LMAO.

So the draft isn't over and you already can see that we missed on all 3 selections? That's pretty incredible..... And if all 3 turn out to be great players, what then?
Then I'll admit i was wrong if they turn out better than who i thought we should have took. Jack Robinson etc

It's one thing to have a negative opinion... it's a completely other thing to run to the phone to call whine one one for a waaambulance as a few posters have repeatedly... over and over and over and over... did I mention over and over and over? Cry or whine about our picks?

My point is, SO WHAT? 1. We as fans don't see the same things the people getting paid to do this are seeing (and please let's not pretend any of us truly know, I love this pick myself I'm also a realist, no prospect is a sure thing). 2. The common theme in this draft is "football players", maybe not the big name guys but if you look at their production at the college level these guys performed (all of them regardless of middle tennessee state or Alabama). 3. All are also humble, high character guys (not sure about the last 2 picks). 4. I'm not sure if you noticed or not but 3 of our first 4 picks were guys who competed in teams fighting for the national championship teams (Michigan State, Clemson and Alabama) as well. You might ask why I mention this... they were on teams that win football games and I hope everyone can understand how adding guys used to winning will help change the culture of a team that has been used to losing for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back