Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the lazy comparison because of their height. George picked his way through the traffic. Henry runs straight forward and hopes for the best.

Zero lateral quickness and he can't make a move in the hole. 100 carries this year went for 1 yard or less.
When Antonio Andrews just isn't bad enough...

How was RB not a priority? We had by far the worst group of RBs in the league last year. Like nobody was even close. Murray is 27? years old. Was a good value pick.

I think a lot of people want to make the team
I'm just gonna laugh when I read the responses on here when we get torched by our division rivals through the air this year.

Our secondary gave up 34 passing TDs last year, that's third worst in that category. To throw salt on the wound, 5 of those TDs were from the Jags in one game. ONE GAME....against the JAGS. You should be upset.

In comparison we ranked 25th in rushing yards last year. Ok that's a problem, which we addressed already in free agency when we traded for the best available, proven RB Demarco Murray.

Yeah I see what you did there lol...but I'd say you have to exercise caution when just looking at stats only without context. By that I mean we all know the backfield was HISTORICALLY bad last year...we also all know that we went good portion of the season without both of the top 2 starting CBs on the team. By the time the season ended I couldn't even tell you the name of the guys that were lining up.

So my point is last year could have been a freakish year by way of injury. Earlier on in the year the defense was actually quite good. So before I hit the panic button because of the lack of backfield drafted this draft, I'd like to see how the current team look when healthy. Hopefully they stay healthy this year so we can get a true representation of the defense. Not saying not to look to upgrade though. I think you upgrade anyone and everyone ANY CHANCE you get regardless of position.

It's the lazy comparison because of their height. George picked his way through the traffic. Henry runs straight forward and hopes for the best.

Zero lateral quickness and he can't make a move in the hole. 100 carries this year went for 1 yard or less.
ESPN Sport Science said his closest comparison was Eddie George as well.

I like Henry, the player, so I dont hate this pick but I am not in love with picking an HB in the second round when we still have a sucking chest wound at outside CB.

LeBeau must see something in Blake that makes him think he can step up and be the guy outside.

I like Henry, the player, so I dont hate this pick but I am not in love with picking an HB in the second round when we still have a sucking chest wound at outside CB.

LeBeau must see something in Blake that makes him think he can step up and be the guy outside.

yeah, Im not down on Henry as a player and a person, the guy can play, I think he'll be a good back for us, and I like the way he talks about winning and he seems like a dedicated dude.

The problem I have, is that we will have a better OLIne, and we already upgraded running back, yet we have journeyman all over our defensive backfield. Jason Mccourty is a 2nd corner on most rosters, and he hasnt been able to stay on the field the last 2 years, the only reason he is thought of as highly as he is, is because he is on the Titans, and we dont have any CB's that could even compete with him for CB1. We had 5 draft picks in the first 2 rounds, and we picked up a Safety from middle tennessee who will not start this year as our only DB pick. It is puzzling to say the least.

It feels like JR drafted best player available straight through the first 3 rounds, at all costs. They removed Tunsil from their board, and removed Jack from the board, and drafted best player available.

That safety seems like a classic Titans draftee that becomes a fan favorite and we are going to prove the doubters wrong, and we are going to be calling for him to start when we are getting torched in October, and he makes 1 good play in November, and hes going to be the starter the next year, and then he just end up getting torched like the rest of them, and then we need to draft DB in the first 2 rounds but we end up getting another olineman and a TE, and we just are the titans.

Every other rb left on board. Reason to believe many could be better than Henry. Many clearly better than Sankey. Sorry I not a sheep but thems the facts kids
Not saying that I disagree with the point you're trying to make. I'm also not saying I agree with it but I just want to point out...
Words like "believe", "many", and "could" and the complete opposite of the words needed to preface "facts".
What you have here is... thems the opinions kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically my reaction to this dumbass pick.
Jordan-Cry-Birdman.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not saying that I disagree with the point you're trying to make. I'm also not saying I agree with it but I just want to point out...
Words like "believe", "many", and "could" and the complete opposite of the words needed to preface "facts".
What you have here is... thems the options kids.

Many is not an opinion word. I'm not sure if anyone outside of Ezekiel Elliott will be better than Henry. But I GUARANTEE there are rbs after Henry better than Sankey. There are at least two posters in this thread that disagree with that. And silly me but I don't think stating rbs are better than Sankey is some huge stretch.

So just a recap of our draft. We traded out of #1, only to trade back up and give away picks for free to take a tackle that wasn't even ranked #1 at his position. Then we ignore our most glaring weakness, in a draft supposedly strong at that position to beef up our dline which we just invested a ton of $$$ into already. Then we draft a rb despite taking Sankey as the first rb of the board a couple years ago, signing mccluster to a big contract, letting Andrew's start for a year, and traded for Demarco Murray and his inflated contract.....then we took someone else that I couldn't care less about because this team is a train wreck. The real kicker is that it's a fucking Alabama running back.....

Many is not an opinion word. I'm not sure if anyone outside of Ezekiel Elliott will be better than Henry. But I GUARANTEE there are rbs after Henry better than Sankey. There are at least two posters in this thread that disagree with that. And silly me but I don't think stating rbs are better than Sankey is some huge stretch.

That's a statement I agree with, fwiw. Sankey is truly a wasted pick.

Heisman means nothing. There are other examples of failures too. He's just the first who came to mind
I understand the Heisman means nothing in the NFL but you didn't point out other failures, you pointed out Manziel, and I pointed or that he didn't fail due to lack of ability. He failed because he is am idiot. Henry has given no indication of that.

WTF does sankey have to do with this except he will be gone?

Please go look again. I'm not gonna argue with ya but take a quick peek at the number of 10 plus, 20 plus and 40 plus yard runs. You will also find him hit a hole which was filled and he bounces outside quite well. The ONLY legitimate argument that can be made against him is the initial speed. His top speed and power is pretty damn good.

I totally agree

Dude is a horse. What did he run for 2200 yards and 28 tds? Yeah he sucks... as much as I like the Murray pickup, he really had that big contract year where he lead the league in yards but has either got hurt or been average his other years. This is a good pick.

I have no idea how to feel about this 2nd round. Could've drafted alexander and bell, passed on them, both bama dt's as well. I've always liked henry just cause he's an absolute monster. I guess this means we definitely arent done in free agency though.

So just a recap of our draft. We traded out of #1, only to trade back up and give away picks for free to take a tackle that wasn't even ranked #1 at his position. Then we ignore our most glaring weakness, in a draft supposedly strong at that position to beef up our dline which we just invested a ton of $$$ into already. Then we draft a rb despite taking Sankey as the first rb of the board a couple years ago, signing mccluster to a big contract, letting Andrew's start for a year, and traded for Demarco Murray and his inflated contract.....then we took someone else that I couldn't care less about because this team is a train wreck. The real kicker is that it's a ****ing Alabama running back.....
  1. Those "Rankings" you speak of are done by people not good enough to work in the NFL
  2. We did address our biggest need, RT
  3. After reading down, then back up again,we are still way ahead of where we were able n terms of picks
  4. D line is a major need. Depth is poor and we did not have a starting g caliber NT
  5. We needed to improve our OLB depth aneverythingust because Andrews started a lot and Sankey was taken high does not mean they are good. They are marginal players
  6. It would have been nice to improve CB and ILB but you cannot fix everything
@Tennessy XO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back