Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many is not an opinion word. I'm not sure if anyone outside of Ezekiel Elliott will be better than Henry. But I GUARANTEE there are rbs after Henry better than Sankey. There are at least two posters in this thread that disagree with that. And silly me but I don't think stating rbs are better than Sankey is some huge stretch.
Not trying to argue over something petty and irrelevant... but its the off-season so...

Yes. Yes it is! "Many" is definitely an opinion word. It's ambiguous. It is not measurable. You can't use it in a statement and declare "fact".

It's one thing to have a negative opinion... it's a completely other thing to run to the phone to call whine one one for a waaambulance as a few posters have repeatedly... over and over and over and over... did I mention over and over and over? Cry or whine about our picks?

My point is, SO WHAT? 1. We as fans don't see the same things the people getting paid to do this are seeing (and please let's not pretend any of us truly know, I love this pick myself I'm also a realist, no prospect is a sure thing). 2. The common theme in this draft is "football players", maybe not the big name guys but if you look at their production at the college level these guys performed (all of them regardless of middle tennessee state or Alabama). 3. All are also humble, high character guys (not sure about the last 2 picks). 4. I'm not sure if you noticed or not but 3 of our first 4 picks were guys who competed in teams fighting for the national championship teams (Michigan State, Clemson and Alabama) as well. You might ask why I mention this... they were on teams that win football games and I hope everyone can understand how adding guys used to winning will help change the culture of a team that has been used to losing for quite some time.
"The common theme of this draft is 'football players'", lmao yeah I would hope so.

All of you homers keep saying the same thing in a different way, "If you disagree with the picks, you're a whiny b**ch who lives in a basement".

"The common theme of this draft is 'football players'", lmao yeah I would hope so.

All of you homers keep saying the same thing in a different way, "If you disagree with the picks, you're a whiny b**ch who lives in a basement".
Ok... so are you saying that you know more about the fit for scheme or have a better knowledge of football than the folks being paid to make these picks? I sure as hell don't. When I say "football players" the first thing you do is crack wise without evidently understanding the context of my statement. When you look at this draft or any other you will find player who everyone thought "should have been picked" as well as guys who "never should have been picked". When I say football players I'm not discussing their 40 times, the cones, vertical... I'm talking specifically productivity. Say what you will or want to, the guys picked at least in the first 3 rounds were all EXTREMELY productive at the college level. Meaning regardless of the measurables they are JUST good football players, which is something this team needs.

As for being a "homer"... yup. Sure am. The only thing I've said and I'll paraphrase is stop whining because they didn't pick the guys you wanted. There were more than a few I wanted we didn't get but the same thing happened during FA and there just happens to be a few posters who want to b!+€# no matter what. Not once did I say anything about anyone's basement... if you want to disagree with a pick fine but don't do it 37 times (and yes I'm exaggerating, kinda) in the same thread continuously.

Ok... so are you saying that you know more about the fit for scheme or have a better knowledge of football than the folks being paid to make these picks? I sure as hell don't. When I say "football players" the first thing you do is crack wise without evidently understanding the context of my statement. When you look at this draft or any other you will find player who everyone thought "should have been picked" as well as guys who "never should have been picked". When I say football players I'm not discussing their 40 times, the cones, vertical... I'm talking specifically productivity. Say what you will or want to, the guys picked at least in the first 3 rounds were all EXTREMELY productive at the college level. Meaning regardless of the measurables they are JUST good football players, which is something this team needs.

As for being a "homer"... yup. Sure am. The only thing I've said and I'll paraphrase is stop whining because they didn't pick the guys you wanted. There were more than a few I wanted we didn't get but the same thing happened during FA and there just happens to be a few posters who want to b!+€# no matter what. Not once did I say anything about anyone's basement... if you want to disagree with a pick fine but don't do it 37 times (and yes I'm exaggerating, kinda) in the same thread continuously.
Let people complain, from all the dissenting comments I've seen its not about people not getting their favorite player. Rather, it's about the front office taking a luxury pick over obvious needs.

Let people complain, from all the dissenting comments I've seen its not about people not getting their favorite player. Rather, it's about the front office taking a luxury pick over obvious needs.
What luxury pick are you talking about? Henry a luxury pick? I have to disagree, this isn't luxury it's insurance and depth for a team looking to run the ball down peoples throats. Think about it, if Murray gets dinged up who did we have on the current roster that you would be comfortable with? Most teams use 2 back systems and we didn't really have even 1 last year. Now we have 2. Some folks here have made a point to explain how a nasty front 7 will help our db's more than a db helping the front 7 can. Not to mention we have already signed 3 db's in FA, 2 who know the system and will start at a higher level of competency than a rookie.

As for letting them complain... I wouldn't object to 1 or 2 but it's the incessant comments made in every single thread that we are doomed or he's a bust by the same folks.

I like this pick. Not comfortable with anyone on this roster at rb besides Murray, and not 100% sure that Murray can play the way he did with Dallas.

Henry is good for the roster. Mularkey runs that "exotic smash mouth run game offense". Henry will relieve Murray and vice versa. Maybe in a year or two Murray gets hur and Henry is the main guy.

I'd rather have Henry than Sankey, Cobb, Andrews......combined.

Yup, and I'm sure Alexander or Fuller was going to put a halt to that.

We wanted a CB so bad, yet they slid down the pole. Again, I'm sure those 2 guys would've solved our issues in the secondary.
other than Ramsey, I don't think there was a legit outside corner in this draft. Apple is raw, Hargraves from Florida is slow and small, and the others just seem like slot corners.

Basically, every position on the roster is a dumpster fire.

You can't put out seven fires with only four buckets of water.

If the team thought that one of the corners available was the answer to the secondary woes, they should have taken them. I guess they didn't. They must feel the fa additions are enough for now.

Everyone we took was at a position of need. If they can play, the team is getting better. If they can't, we are effed.

That's the bottom line.

What luxury pick are you talking about? Henry a luxury pick? I have to disagree, this isn't luxury it's insurance and depth for a team looking to run the ball down peoples throats. Think about it, if Murray gets dinged up who did we have on the current roster that you would be comfortable with? Most teams use 2 back systems and we didn't really have even 1 last year. Now we have 2. Some folks here have made a point to explain how a nasty front 7 will help our db's more than a db helping the front 7 can. Not to mention we have already signed 3 db's in FA, 2 who know the system and will start at a higher level of competency than a rookie.

As for letting them complain... I wouldn't object to 1 or 2 but it's the incessant comments made in every single thread that we are doomed or he's a bust by the same folks.
We fundamentally disagree on this issue, so I don't think we're getting anywhere.

Bottom Line: We did NOT need a RB in the second round. We absolutely needed help at CB. It's that simple.

We fundamentally disagree on this issue, so I don't think we're getting anywhere.

Bottom Line: We did NOT need a RB in the second round. We absolutely needed help at CB. It's that simple.

They needed to get protection for Mariota in this draft. Outside of that, this team should not be picking for immediate need. They aren't contending next year or probably the year after. If things go right they should be ready in 2018. That gives them two years to fill the need they might currently have at CB. Getting a worse player at a need position is a bad idea for a team in the Titans position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back